Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorkaylua
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    I wanted to take some shots of my brother's Harry Potter DVD's but found it very strange when I got them and saw that all are 4:3 Fullscreen, anyone know why? Is a special edition for Latin America?

I am even seeing me trying to post these shots and the people complaining about the ratio ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    If the film is available to buy legitimately as a 4:3 pan and scan version, then it is not breaking any rules to post it, and vote deletes will not be valid.

Many people (myself included, and you it would seem) would prefer to only see movies in the director's originally intended aspect ratio. So if you aren't happy about posting 4:3 shots of a widescreen movie, then don't.

It might be worth your while finding some evidence online or something, perhaps a link to somewhere you can buy it as 4:3, so you can defend yourself when the inevitable delete votes come in :) Just put a link to it in a spoilered shout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaylua
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    tnks again and again m00ch!