Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009
    i got a problem with the captchas... well they work fine and i can understand why they have to be, but ^^ i often got the case that there are no slots avaible for a movie and i'm getting tired of typing in captchas when there is no slot avaible so or so :( could it be possible to check if there are free slots before i type in the captcha, so i just have to type in the captcha if there is a free slot is avaible?
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009
    the whole point of the captcha is to hide that information, so no. it's not possible
    • CommentAuthorFedtTony
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009
    @tliff
    hmm, are you saying the captha is there so you can't make a script that checks which popular movies are already uploaded? I was convinced it was there as an anti-spam function.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009 edited
    nevermind
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009
    i agree fedttony, i always thought i was about spam or something, and if you take the trouble to enter the captcha you get to see it anyways!
    Maybe you've read my complaints on one of my uploads.. there are many movies being uploaded these days, had to type in that damn captcha 6 or 7 times.. i understand you might need something like this but i understand stukens remark only too well!

i will keep doing my uploadings non the less ofcourse ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Also would like to know what's the use of the captcha if there is no guest uploads and we assume we are logged in...

Cotp
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    As it stipulates it's to make sure you are a human being and not a bot i believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    To fool our evil robot overlords. (scripts/bots)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    To make sure some people don't just write a script who tries the full imdb-list and sees from which movies a shot was uploaded in the last 7 days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    but couldn't you just ban those users ? Have you had the case before of people using such scripts ? I'm just saying that cause it can be a bit annoying to repeat the captchas when we're uplaoding... Couldn't you consider I don't know, after a certain regularity on the site you get no captchas ?

Just an idea to make the process a little bit more simple...

Cotp
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009 edited
    The whole point of a protection is to protect not to let everything in because you trust everyone.

The capchas are annoying but necessary ! It's like clothes you feel better naked but then you're just exposed...

I feel that last sentence was not the right one.