Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009
    Since we don't get any points for Hall of Fame in the Archive I was wondering if it brings something else to raise our "Total snapshots solved" ?

Just for a little survey : do you guys often like to play in the archive ?

And one last question: is there a way to show more than a day at a time ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback (sorry if you think my questions are silly, I'm a newbie here...)

Cotp
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    I usually don't play in the archive, because Ive been here a long time and have seen all shots. when I watch a movie I first go to the movie page and just fill in all shots I was missing from that movie, but I don't really play there. If i had not seen all archive shots I would probably play there sometimes for fun but still focus on the feature films, because there are enough shots posted there everyday.

When you watch on top of the page for a certain day you'll see: « first ‹ previous October 26th 2009 next › last »
    Clicking on 26th will show all shots from october 26th, clicking October will show all shots from October 2009 and 2009 will show all shots posted this year (but it will probably take a long time to load).

And it's great you ask some feedback in here. Many users don't even know where to find this forum and we all like to help out people with questions.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I play on archive occasionally, just for fun and to freshen up on some of the movies I haven't seen in a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    Thanks Zythux for your great feedback,
    maybe it's because I am the admin of a french movie forum myself ahah :P
    But it's true it could be easier to find by putting it on the right top corner "FORUM" with maybe a better integration so that you don't leave the site...

But I guess if it is like it is it's because it maybe difficult to achieve...

Cotp
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2009
    was playing for fun in the archive this morning.
    strange that this link doesn't work http://whatthemovie.com/overview/2008 compared to this one http://whatthemovie.com/overview/2009 which works...

anotherthing: is it importante to continue rating the snapshots (does it affect some sort of best snapshot contest), or am I just loosing my time doing it ;)

Cotp
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2009 edited
    Cotp, I believe your first link is for January 2008, the thing is in January 2008, WTM didn't exist yet so this is why there is no shots there :)
    The rating system is mainly for the new submission, I am sure you understood the principles already but the highest rated shots move to the Feature Film part. You can of course rate shots in the archive or the FF but it doesn't have any impact really. We dont have at the moment a system with the highest rated shots of the month, year... It would be nice though but we would have to choose the ones that are rated by a high number of people of course...
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    Thanks for that feedback Chrisy.

About my link I thought it gave all the films for the year 2008... sorry about that.

Cotp
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    I think your link should indeed show every movie from 2008, since the link was [...]overview/2008 and not [...]overview/2008/1, looks like a bug to me.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    O yes you are right Zythux, if you click on 2008, it still says January
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    happy to have found a bug :P