Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009 edited
    In my forum (in french) I had started a topic http://forum.cineastes.com/cafe-du-coin-f5/nos-films-coups-de-coeur-t1484.html where I asked for members to post films they like but they wanted to make other members discover (so not famous movies, but rare movies that they really liked). I wonder if we could do the same here.

I am always intersted in discovering new instersting movies that I havn't seen.

I will begin by saying Kitchen Stories by Bent Hamer (2003)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009
    Nice idea of topic Cotp, I wouldn't know where to start :)
    In the next WTM version there will be a weekly movie recommendation, one for more mainstream movies and one for rare movies that few people know. I think this will be an excellent way to promote these rare gem to a wider audience :)
    Kitchen Stories looks interesting, never hear of this one and I will for sure check it out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    you searched for nice shots to post in New submission and I would absolutely say this one is very awesome :)! and nice thread btw, I will try to remember some rare nice movies ;)!
    Edit: I see that this shot already excist in the archieve sorry:P
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    Kitchen Stories is definately worth checking out. And good idea for a topic :)

I'll add another recommendation: "The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover" (1989)

http://whatthemovie.com/movie/the_cook_the_thief_his_wife_her_lover
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    i also really like the idea, but i think it's best to not include a shot of the movie in the forum.
    The shot by Cotp for instance would have been a great still to upload, in my opinion ofcourse.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    agreed, maybe not adding shots, at least I wont else you will be able to solve a lot of my shots lol

I'd say check out Taxidermia. Not really rare rare (rare for me = less than a 1000 voters on IMDB or a 100 lol) but not very very famous and for sure one to watch (with a solid stomach that is :)

•  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    But the shots are in the archive anyway and if you look up the movie on WTM you will see the shots again. Doesn't spoil anything.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    It is true Deviant, although by looking for info from the movie, they might come across some that I have just posted so I will only mention the ones from which I have 2 shots posted already :)

Another one:
    Nuit Noire from Olivier Smolders

Beautiful sureal dark tale

mmm how did you include the shot from WTM in the forum deviant?

Edit: actually the trailer is even better :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    @Chrisy: "mmm how did you include the shot from WTM in the forum deviant?"

Right click on image -> "Copy image location/url" -> Paste in forum :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Oh yes, I could have thought of that, thanks :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    "Funky Forest: The First Contact" and "The Taste of tea"
    From the same director: Katsuhito Ishii
    both great! The first one only to be watch if you appreciate absurd (very absurd) sense of humor :)

•  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    Funny Chrisy as The Taste of Tea whas my first recemmendation on my forum ahaha http://forum.cineastes.com/cafe-du-coin-f5/nos-films-coups-de-coeur-t1484.html

I'll definitly check out the movies you recommend...

Nice idea to include the trailer. Could also be the poster if you don't want snapshots in here...

Have any one of you watched this documentary ? : I strongly recommend it !! I watch it when I was studying film in San Francisco !