Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    Ok I already talked about this a little in the Genre topic...

I would really appreciate if there was a function in WTM to hide permanently or "Hide"/"Unhide" shots until further notice... Ok let's take those Horror movies shots that I don't like for instance... Everytime I come and browse one by one, I have to see the shot with the knife inside the head etc and see it again and again even though I know I won't play it...

The intersting thing would be to me that I would be able to sort the thumbs I still really want to play from those I am sure I won't.

Another feature could be also to display thumbs already seen from thumbs not already seen...

Cotp
  1.  permalink
    I already had an idea like this and i think it could have some reconsideration. I think it would be really nice if there would be some more filter options, there's already the easy/medium/hard filter option and a tag filter option, but having some more could be fun (maybe only for the archive, cause they will give away information).
    For example:
    - a filter to make a selection of shots only from movies that you've seen (this should only be possible for archive shots).
    - a filter to make selections of shots from movies from a certain genre (it would be nice to make it possible to choose include or exclude for specific genre such that you can only include sci-fi shots for example or select everything but exclude horror, or make any possible combination you wish).
    - a filter to make a selection of shots from movies from certain countries (such that you can make an selection of only asian movies (or french, dutch or american or whatever possible combination (include and exclude again))).
    - a filter to make a selection with shots from movies from certain director and/or actors/actresses (include and exclude again and every possible combination)

This could of course only be possible if certain tags are added for movies on the movie page (like genre, country, directors, actors etc).
    And again, these options should be only possible for the archive. I think with this playing in the archive could get more fun, you could make your own quiz contest and play with friends a nice selection you make of certain shots.

I hope its all a bit clear and i realize this would be a lot of work and i certainly dont expect it to happen soon, but its just an idea that maybe could be nice for the future.