Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    I`ve noticed that there are some people who occasionally write in French, German and Portugeese (to name a few) in the shoutbox. I thought that the general language on this page was supposed to be English?

This is not meant as an complaint, but since im not very good in eighter French or Portugeese I whould sometimes like to know what they are writing :-)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I do not think there would be a problem if the shouts are from person to person on profiles, but I think that shouts on shots etc should stick to english.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Yup agree with Asmodai on this. Have seen some Dutch too sometimes, but I try to keep it English if possible.
    On profile pages I think native language shouldn't be a problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009 edited
    About automatic translation I remember once "the World Cup" translated into "La tasse de thé mondiale", those who speaks french will get a laugh, sorry about that me talking french in the forum here ZomBeeBob :P Agree with Asmodai too
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    As I said it`s not a problem, but I whould sometimes like to know what people write about movies in the shoutbox. But not a problem ;-) So no worries
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    sometimes I write dutch on shouts on movie
    I will try to do everything in english :)
    • CommentAuthorLeonardoS
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009
    With my brazillian friends in write in Portuguese, but in shots i write in english.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrvr
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    I also wrote some dutch comments, but it was always info that was only interesting for dutch players. For instance, I made a remark about a theatre performance based on a particular film that was on a short tour in the Netherlands. No use to do that in English, I think?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010
    Time for a bump, cause I think it's getting worse. People, please! Stick to english in shouts on shots (on profiles you can do whatever you want). Even because a shot is a from a dutch, french, german or whatever film, does not mean that you can just shout in that language, this is very annoying to those people that can't read it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010
    fully agree with asmodai on this one
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010
    precies
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010
    Im bumping YET AGAIN... I would like to have the posibility to read all of the comments that are given on a "snapshot page" regardless of what the post is about.
  1.  permalink
    I always post in English...I've gotten a couple of French shouts on one of my shots, but as it turned out, those were quotes from the film, which I think is okay. But as for general shouting, yeah, that should be done in English.