Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Once we have solved a snapshot of a movie, why don't they appear in the movie page of the movie we solved ? Don't you think it would be a nice idea ?

Cotp
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    the stills on the movie page are only the stills in the archive. Feature Film shots and New submissions shots are not included there.
    So you will have to wait a month or so :P
  1.  permalink
    Don't know if this is the right topic, but i'll just put it here anyway. Some older shots are sometimes really bad quality (or have black bars), maybe it would it be an idea to have the possibility to let them be replaced by people (still keeping the name of the first uploader of course). Like this the movie page would look better and if wtm wants to have more a database function this seems important to me... again just an idea...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009 edited
    I absolutely agree with toffetomas. I mean, look at #13 ( http://whatthemovie.com/shot/13 ) or #14 ( http://whatthemovie.com/shot/14 ) for example (naut what were you thinking? ;-).
    It would be nice to replace them with decent-quality shots.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited
    you're right.. I was probably drugged (and left alone in mexico)

no, but seriously, I totally abused my admin status at this time.
    You know, the upload function was not yet introduced and I was the only one to add new snapshots ;)

and concerning you're inquiry, yeah, would be cool to do that.
    We'll look into it, when there is some spare time.

But we would have to keep the uploader (as tomas suggested) It would create some serious outrage
    if the new uploader was mentioned and the old one deleted.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    I have no problems at all with taking some better quality shots to replace bad ones, not even if they will stay under the original uploaders name. Anything to make WTM prettier ;)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    I couldn't agree more with toffetomas since I wanted to make the exact same suggestion. :)
    Not only would it make WTM look better, but I think it would help to show newcomers how quality is an issue here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    agree on that, and i think misterzob has a good point there.
    I don't think you can demand high quality shots (wich is a good thing, don't get me wrong) if there are really low quality stills in the archive.

@naut, i hope you don't take this personally. Not meant in any way
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited
    Leela: Then you'll be fired...
    Fry: Fine.
    Leela: ...out of a cannon, into the sun.