Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbubblemilk
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009
    Hi again, folks :)

Just recently I had an idea for a shot, which would be taken from a fake outtake. I guess this would be alright, as the outtakes from the movie are displayed in the end credits...

The problem though is that the DVD I own is a 2-Disc Special Edition, so all of the bonus features are in the second disc. Furthermore, in this DVD release these outtakes have been taken out of the end credits, and are only available in the Bonus Features section of the second disc.

With that being said, the shot looks different than what the "original" would look like -- the outtake itself fills almost the whole image (as opposed to being just a little square by the credits), and there are no credits present in it at all.

Since it's a different shot than the one in the original DVD/theatrical release, would that be okay to post or not?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Hi,

To me, it's *not* OK. It has to come straight from the movie.
    • CommentAuthorTerry5
    whattheoutakes.com ? :)

better we stay at whatthemovie.com and no outtakes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    @Terry5 pooowaaah
    •  
      CommentAuthorbubblemilk
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009 edited
    @Terry5 Although I agree that we should have no outtakes here at WTM, the one I'm talking about is not really an outtake... Since the movie is an animation, it's just a little extra in the end credits :D (So it's part of the ending credit "scene")

@MisterZob Yeah, it makes sense since it's not straight from the movie itself, but I thought it'd be better to ask XD Thanks a bunch!
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2009
    I think we had this discussion on a LOTR shot a while earlier. Someone posted a shot of the extended version of LOTR.
    I think it got rejected back then. Not sure though

And for those who have missed me, yes i'm back. Just took a little vacation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    Crap, didn't even remember i made a topic about it back then. I'll just keep my mouth shut for now :P
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2009 edited
    I think it's a completely different matter.
    The shot from LOTR was from the extended *cut*. It was from the movie all right, just from a longer version. A longer version that actually was released in theaters.
    bubblemilk is talking about a shot from the outtakes. A shot that never was in any version of the film (even if it was used from the end credits, but presented differently : with the credits on the side).
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    Hard to say if it should be allowed or not.
    For example http://whatthemovie.com/shot/32024 is a shot from the alternate ending (which I liked better), and http://whatthemovie.com/shot/31237 is also from the extended cut, which didn't run in cinemas, afaik.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    afaik?
    what does that mean?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    "as far as i know"
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    To me, shots from any version of a movie should be accepted... as long as this version is available on an official DVD as a whole cut of the movie. This does NOT include deleted scenes that never were integrated in any cut of the movie. And of course, it does NOT include any bonus material that was never made to be in the movie in the 1st place.