Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorshalev
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010
    @agonistes Great idea, in fact I was just about to post it myself.
    This could later be developed into actors' pages. That could be awesome!
    I wouldn't search for Johnny Depp though, it would probably overload the DB or something... :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010
    I think this has been suggested before but a really awsome addition to the Awsome Button would be the possibility to exclude certain shots. This would be really time-saving if a certain unsolvable shot keeps coming when you click the Awsome Button.
    Should look something like this.

In addition this can also be a different part of the bookmarked shots.
  1.  permalink
    I searched for snapshots with tag "car"
    In the results some snapshots were posted twice. They had 2 tags containing "car". Maybe you should add a distinct to your query.
  2.  permalink
    @rulo

you are right, i can click 28 people´s avatar and look which are online, but it is faster as looking the online list with about 90 people? you dont have to click so much in the online list, i think this is faster now (most got recognizable avatars) So in the end it would be nice to see in the fellow-list which fellows are online now or not
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2010
    When you haven't voted for a shot, when it becomes rejected you can't see the rating without voting, unlike the FF, where the ratings become visible after they leave NS, I think it should be changed though it's not a major issue:)
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2010
    I have 2 new tales of interest, probably shouts on my shots or on checked shoutboxes.
    When I scroll usually the new tales of interest appear at the mid right of the screen just below the ads. But now there is just an empty space...
    I tried relogging in both IE en firefox but I still cannot see the tales of interest.
    Any1 else with this problem?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010
    error report:

I uploaded some character shots for a movie. They all had the name of character+actor written on them. Since one of these shots was already uploaded as end-shot I tried to assign it to the character. It didn't work. The page reloads after pushing "save" but the shot is just not assigned. I tried the ID with and without '#'. I think it may not have worked because it's a end-shot and no normal shot. I tried to assign other characters-shots from that movie and it worked.

Before providing the link I may ask everyone who reads this not to try to assign any other shot of arnie but the end-shot, cause this one would appear on the character overview instead of the one with the characters name on it (this would really ruin my day after uploading all those shots :P). But of course you can try to assign the end-shot, maybe it just didn't work for me. Thanks :)

link: http://whatthemovie.com/movie/predator/characters

Of course I could also upload the shot for the character myself. But then it would appear twice in the upload-check.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010 edited
    @fnick
    some manual hacking and we’re there.
    arnie ftw
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    oh damn sorry fnick, it's me who uploaded Arnie as end shot :P, but there wasn't a real "the end" shot and then he is the best ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    @Razzomega: Don't be sorry. Arnie is always a good choice.

@naut: Thanks for the hack. Now the Character page looks exactly the way I wanted it to look :)
    • CommentAuthorMoreia
    @Rulo: I have the same problem. I can't see the new Tales of Interest either.
    •  
      CommentAuthor0
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010
    Hello,
    I've got a problem with favourite movies displaying on my profile: one of the movie is never displayed and it's always the same one...

You can see here that there should be 21 movies, as displayed on my profile:

Then if I click on "show all", the total of movies is only 20, one is missing (always the same one)

The missing movie:
    http://whatthemovie.com/movie/creepshow

Does anyone know what's wrong here ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2010
    Hi people, I just think that this shot should be deleted http://whatthemovie.com/shot/61168 it does look like a shot from Avatar ended up as Cache's end title :P
    • CommentAuthorshalev
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2010
    I have two ideas for statistics I'd really like to see in the profile page:

1. Number of movies you solved shots from. I'm quite curious about myself, I think I havn't solved anything from at least half the films I've seen. It's also interesting how many will the top solvers have.
    A nice addition will be a list of those films. If you could sort the list by number of solves it will be awesomest!

2. Number of solves by difficulty. I think the best way to determine it is at the end of the FF/Vault time, this way it will also work for AUs and in retrospective.
    Could be divided somewhat like that:
    500+ - easy
    100-500 - medium
    20-100 - hard
    1-20 - extreme
    (However if you want it to scale better maybe it should be determined as a fraction of the total solves of the last month)
    If there'll be a memorabilia for 20 or 50 extreme solves it will be great motivation for cracking those hard nuts.

It doesn't seem too hard to do right? what do you say?