Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorrvr
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010 edited
    I can't seem to upload new shots. The process stops during the captcha-recognition (takes for ages).

- added later: ah, it works again!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010
    Rejected shots and vault shots are missing from the profiles :(
    Would it also be possible to include somehow the vault shots in the movie page or on a seperate thing when trying to upload so we see if they have been uploaded already. But think it is a shame they just dont show on the movie page
    Also dont see any stats on my profile
    For the rest, the changes are great! I like especially that we get notified when there is a new shout, very nice
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    two more things.
    the discover new movies and organize your movies lead me to the same page. Am i doing something wrong/overlooking something.
    And the movie Seven is in the database twice. Once as Seven and once as Se7en

edit
    It would be nice to place movies on you shelf directly via the movie page. As in, you go to the movie page of the matrix for instance, and on that page directly indicate that you own and or have seen the movie. Then you don't have to go to your shelf, and select the movie there. Saves you time :p
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    ok just figured out how to see the rejected shots and vault shots, they are actually under snapshots, then on the right side you can chose :)
    But I thought we would have more stats, are these been removed or am I blind again :)
  1.  permalink
    Been removed again because they were fucking up the page loading and stuff, Chrisy.

"our caching solution did not handle the more detailed user stats very well. it worked fine in beta but did not scale to the live site. i disabled them for now and inaccessible profile should be accessible now. if you still can't get to your profile, speak up."
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    temporarily removed, will be back later this evening i hope ;)
    • CommentAuthorSebassie1
    My feature film score is going down..?? Yesterday i had a total of; 844..
    Today it is; 825.. somebody else having this problem??
  2.  permalink
    Sebassie, Feature Films are only films from the last month. If the month is past, they drop out of the Feature Films, and thus don't count for your score any more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    Just found a little spelling error:
    The word moment is misspelled in the Video Guidelines
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    good work guys.. once these lil' bugs are out this site will def. be an improvement.. just noticed i couldn't edit the info of the only dvd i have on my shelf ;)
    that's right.. i only have one :) you aren't expecting me to enter around 400 titles did you? thath would take days ;).. but anyway, what does editing the movie in my shelf mean? or would it just direct me to the movie page?

btw happy new year all!
    • CommentAuthorFedtTony
    Even though I'm not currently active at this site, and don't have time to test all new features, my impressions are that you've made great changes! Keep on the good work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010
    One bug :
    on my home page, under the title
    "Showing 1 of 1 new Awesome Uploads since your last visit" I have http://whatthemovie.com/shot/46572 that have been posted exactly 1 month ago
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Agree with efji :)!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMuten
    the link to the characters at the startpage (show all) leads to /movies#
    I think it' snot the way you planned it. ;)
    • CommentAuthorlibeco
    In Maxthon (basically built on IE7) I cannot use the quiz anymore. In the previous version just the 'solved' text was not visible because of alignment problems. In the new version when a page for the quiz is loaded I only see a throbber where there used to be stars to rate the snapshot. When entering a movie name and hitting enter, nothing happens. I just checked in firefox, but it works normally there, but I hate this slow browser, I'm not prepared to start using it just for WTM. I hope this will be fixed as I do like the new layout.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Great job guys, this looks awesome !

I have a question about Start & End Titles shots : where do we upload the title shot when the title of the movie only appears at the end ? Start Title, per consistency with other "main title" shots ? Or End Title, well, because it's the end of the movie... ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    I had the same question MisterZob, I wonder if its the same movie :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010 edited
    Some people have now on their profile their best rankings displayed, and some don't (like me). First I thought it was reserved to people that once reached the top 20, but I found people of the top 20 that don't have this statistics, and some others that have it without having reached this ranking.

What about a plot of ranking history for everyone ? I would be nice although it may not be so easy to program.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    I think people who have "best rank X" have just written it there themselves.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    still miss the stats

like how much first solves
    what is your most favourited shot

or something like that
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    From above

Been removed again because they were fucking up the page loading and stuff, Chrisy.

"our caching solution did not handle the more detailed user stats very well. it worked fine in beta but did not scale to the live site. i disabled them for now and inaccessible profile should be accessible now. if you still can't get to your profile, speak up."
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    would be nice if we could add Dailymotion videos as well or just an embed link instead, I dont always find everything on Youtube ;) sometimes trailers of less famous movies are not hosted in either sites
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Bug: there is a 500 error while trying to edit a video
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Bug: on the home page, notification of the awesome uploads
    "Showing 3 of 4 new Awesome Uploads since your last visit"
    If I click on the link "4 new awesome upload" it takes me to the new submission page instead
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Is there any way to sort the dvds on the shelf? At least by alphabetical order would be nice (by director or genre would be even more awesome) Else soon it will be as messy as my physical shelf :)
    Been able to import a list (from IMDB or excel) would also be nice because entering them one by one will take days
  3.  permalink
    Would it be possible to make it accessible to IE6? I can't update the browser on a public computer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    - When you click 'show all' on your memorabilia you're linked to /shelf instead of /memorabilia
    - When you click 'See all Snapshots' on your profile page the link is still set to /username# instead of /username/uploads
    - As Chrisy said clicking the 'new awesome uploads' on the homepage takes you to new submissions
    - On the same page clicking 'new feature films' takes you to a random FF shot, I think it would be more logical to link it to the day of the first or last unseen shot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMimimi
    My first impression ... WOW, great, awesome!
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010
    A thing I just noticed, which could be fun: on the movie page, currently the snapshots are displayed by their original post date. Wouldn't it be nice if they were displayed by chronological order how they happen in the movie, especially now that we're able to upload the "title" and "end" screens?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010 edited
    BUG: There is no way I am going to enter all 600/650 dvds into my collection, so I was just adding my favourites and highlights, have added about 110 so far and about half way through. It tabulates it correctly into 4 pages, but wont let me choose page 2/3/4. Im stuck viewing the first page of the shelf.

EDIT: any way the selection shown in your shelf on your profile page can be the first ones you entered instead of the last? I put all my favourites in first, would be nice if they showed on my profile that way. Thanks!

EDIT FOR THE EDIT :) Or perhaps a random selection on the main profile page?
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    okay, i've got a quetion here, i noticed the character upload option. I've used it, http://whatthemovie.com/movie/robocop/character/11009 , but i also added Kurtwood Smith (Clarence J. Boddicker wich is spelled as Ckarence Boddicker (fix it)) from the same movie and the shot is not showing... where is it? has it been deleted? but to be honest i don't really like this feature.. my ed209 shot could have been posted by someone else and gotten into the ff's! i doubt many people will see it now!! also i noticed that the bill character (kill bill) was added.. the shot was not from the face of the actor.. it was his sword and his hand.. good shot but against the rules i guess... is anybody keeping an eye on this?
    But i like the beginning upload idea... as long as the title is in the shot.. the ending doesn't make sense to me reallly.... do you mean the beginning of the credits? ;)

<edit> fixed the boddicker shot.. maybe i did it wrong.. but here it is, http://whatthemovie.com/movie/robocop/character/1712 , another potential ff shot??
    and also.. where can i see what shots i've uploaded in the Character Snapshot Upload section?? i'm sure if i go on a rampage.. and that could happen... i won't remember them all! and i just added my omen opening shot... i broke my own rule... no title in the picture... i hate rules ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    @Chrisy: I had the problem of finding a trailer on youtube yesterday. The result was, that I uploaded it myself two times (once with the wrong aspect radio (the squeezed the 16:9 to 4:3 on the DVD).
    Some more options would be nice, but I think only allowing youtube is the easiest way, especially since you'll find most trailers there.
  4.  permalink
    when using the "previouse" function on shot http://whatthemovie.com/shot/51623 i got following error message:
    "You are not allowed to view this snapshot right now.
    Check the Help Section for further explanation."
    and it seems that i resume with a random shot (this time e.g. 48200). despite of the missing explanation on the help section this error seems strange to me.

this only happens when "show unsolved only" is activated. after deactivating this everything works fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    what shot would the previous lead you to?
  5.  permalink
    it should lead me to http://whatthemovie.com/shot/51783 without error message, but it leads me to a random one.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Bug: on the discover new movie page, new characters, the "show all" link doesn't work
    And the organise your movie link just takes us to the discover new movie page
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    @Holynoise, unfortunatly I dont find all my trailers on Youtube :( yesterday I wanted to add some and couldn't find them. If the movie is not too known, you wont necessarelly find it there, I often have to go to seperate sites to see the trailer (and I use embed links to add them to my forum ;))
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Not just the "show all" link doesn't work there, but neither do the character links. It also looks like this are not yet the new characters but still the ones you used for testing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    I don't think that the snapshot of the day should be an awesome upload, like it is today. Then a shot can be the snapshot of the day with only 1 vote and I think that is a little bit ridiculous ;)!
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    uhm... we did not think about that ;)
  6.  permalink
    when using the "previouse" function on shot ->link<- i got following error message:
    "You are not allowed to view this snapshot right now.
    Check the Help Section for further explanation."
    and it seems that i resume with a random shot (this time e.g. 48200). despite of the missing explanation on the help section this error seems strange to me.

this only happens when "show unsolved only" is activated. after deactivating this everything works fine.

^^ This is not an issue with the new update. This means a snapshot got deleted, because of black bars, it being a dupe, or some other reason, but the link to it still exists. I've occasionally had it since I started playing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    on home site you can only see the first site of "Tales of Interests" it's impossible to go to site 2 like on the DVD shelf :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Now something is going totally wrong.. http://whatthemovie.com/user/halloffame :S, no one in HOF anymore xD!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Again today recent awesome uploads is a month old :)! Just wanted to say it, as it seems like a problem everyday :)!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    old bug that isn't solved yet:
    When watching the favourite movies of a person on his profile, the shots link to the movie, but after clicking 'show all' the shots lead to the shot itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    It's great with the average favourite on movies :) But does it count if you favourite one of you own snapshots?
  7.  permalink
    Nice updates!!!
    I too really would like an import of my watched movies from the previous version. Also a way to add the movie as a watched one from the movie page like before. The owned flag is different, because you can just browse your DVD and VHS collections, but you can't go through your mind and list all the movies you ever saw.
    Also, in FF, i have only unsolved checked and recently solved movies pop up from time to time. I will try to add a link to one of the shots if I encounter one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    found a workaround for the DVD shelf bug: If you cant seem to see page 2/3/etc of your dvd shelf, click the "owned" link on the right first. Once you have chosen that, you can then move through your dvd shelf page by page no problem.
    • CommentAuthorjoma
    * 26,816 registered users solved a total of 11,693,981 shots
    * 42,969 shots in the database
    * 0 users online

well, i'm online and i'm sure someone else is, so this is wrong^^ ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    I have 1 user online! :D
    But well, it's still wrong according to http://whatthemovie.com/page/online :p