Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    yes that was the problem :)
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010 edited
    i still dont get the snapshot of the day, for example 8th of january the snapshot of the day has a 8.46 and 1 fav, but http://whatthemovie.com/shot/53421 has a 8.66 and 6 favs.
    Its no big deal, but i would like to know how it works and if it works correctly.

Another thing, i'm able to browse through the uploaded character shots, but not the title shots (only my own). i get the error message: You are not allowed to view this snapshot right now.
  1.  permalink
    I promissed to post a link to a shot I had already solved, but still comes up in the ff section when browsing, even though the "show unsolved only" flag is checked.
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/51515, http://whatthemovie.com/shot/51560, http://whatthemovie.com/shot/52093, http://whatthemovie.com/shot/51809, http://whatthemovie.com/shot/51917 and http://whatthemovie.com/shot/51925
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    clicking on the name of the person you posted the snapshot of the day directly from the home page doesn't work ;)
  2.  permalink
    It's not the ads as such that bug me (Or more specifically, the placeholders), but rather the location they have on the snapshot pages. Personally I'd prefer them somewhere on top or on the side, like on the profile pages. Less IN-YOUR-FUCKING-FACE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    I kinda miss the hoover bar:)!
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    I think the shots from the contests should be visible on the movie page as well (of course only when the contest is over and the solutions are available), there have already been two dupes from the product placement contest this week in the NS.
    • CommentAuthorSleepkever
    Since two or three days the counters for shouts and favorites on your own submitted snapshots on the homepage aren´t updating. The old ones still show numbers but newer ones are all stuck at zero. The rating display seems to be fixed totally for me now though, so thanks for that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    When browsing the snapshot of the day I see three shots on 2010-01-12, first #54403 then #54390 and then again #54403
  3.  permalink
    update for the solved snapshots that appear eventhough the show unsolved only checkbox is checked:
    This morning the flag dissapeared if I clicked "next", but now, it isn't there when the page loads, but almost instandly appears?
    • CommentAuthorCW
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    Hi,

On the last contest, I have solved 34 shots and my information say I have solved 30... This difference of 4 shots is in my infomation since yesterday evening so it is not an issue of score updating.

Is it possible to do something ?
    • CommentAuthormagdanml
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010
    Hi, I have problem with main page, When I have no shots in new submition I can't look at all my shots from feature films. There's only one shown in that black window and the next arrow doesn't work. There is no problem when both "my new submitions" and "my feature films" boxes are in main page.
    Does it mean that I always have to have at least one snaphot in ns to see all my accepted shots? ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    magdanmi: that's still broken, we're working on a fix
    CW: yeah, we know, also working on it

@all: keep 'em comin, we're always looking for new bugs :)
  4.  permalink
    Hi. I noticed something.
    Under shots there are icons indicating number of people's shouts and fafourites. The number is always lower that it actually is.

For example number of shouts under #55015
    Main page: 0; Under a snapshot: 3
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I've tried a few, and it works fine for me...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    On the personal home page the number of shouts and favourites (on your own NS and FF) are not always correct. I think Pinokio is talking about that.
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2010
    Right, here is something that was already broken since before WTM 2.5
    The favorite movie page links to the shots themselve, and not to the movie pages as you´d expect. And the shots displayed in the favmovie area are sometimes already deleted.

For instance: http://whatthemovie.com/user/Sleepkever/favmovies The shot in the lower left is watchmen, however, it links to the shots page, and not the the movie. And the shot has been deleted as well.
    The normal profile page: http://whatthemovie.com/user/Sleepkever Does have the correct links to the movie pages, but also display shots that have already been deleted, like the watchmen shot.
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010 edited
    Glad to see you are working on it! However, now the movies with incorrect (deleted) snapshots attached to them are disappearing from the page. Note the descrepancy in the numbers. To the left it says 8 favorite movies but only 6 are displayed. http://whatthemovie.com/user/Sleepkever/favmovies

Also loving the new recent pages, but snapshots you already solved are missing their green line there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    i think somebody should look at the covers uploaded with bedtime stories. Although they are indeed bedtime stories, a couple of them give it a different sound i think :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    The possibility to thumb up your own shouts makes no sense :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    @zythux
    I tried. It works and you get bucks for that !
    And you can also thumb down your own shouts, loosing bucks as voter and as receiver :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Buttons "previous" "next" and "last" are a big mess in the new submission section since a few minutes...
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    *pulls out MiB flash thingy*
    *POOF*
    Nothing did happen, the next and previous buttons always worked perfectly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010 edited
    Ok. Nothing did happen :)
    And nobody visited me recently as it is said on my profile :)
    I know programming is a hard work...
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    A little thing : you changed (yesterday) the titles of all the pages into a uniform "WTM| a unique snapshot quizz".
    It is not a good idea at all. Now if you want to navigate using the history menu of firefox, all the pages have the same label. You cannot know for example at which level of the history is the today page with all the thumbnails.

Suggestion: adapt the title to the content. For example :
    WTM | FF shot #55555
    WTM | NS shot #66666
    WTM | whole new submissions
    WTM | 20 jan 2010 shots
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    uh, sorry, didn't realise that.
    will be changed immediatly :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    Would it be possible for shots in the vault to also be visible on the movie page, and when checking for dupes before uploading?
    • CommentAuthorLeonardoS
    Agree with Asmodai. I've been thinking on this for a long time, but i've never asked about this. I think this could really help.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010 edited
    well, I wouldn't display them on the movie page (because the draw the movie shots don't really fit in there) but displaying them during upload is a good idea.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Well, the draw the movie could ofcourse be ignored for that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    I really like the dvd shelf idea, however i have two remarks regarding the shelf.
    It would be nice if the shelf search function didn't require you to type the movie name down exactely spelled right. I think it is the only place in WTM where you have to use a ' every once and a while. Also, alternative titles would be handy. Try finding Crouching tiger hidden dragon without knowing the original title.

Thats one,

And two, if you search a movie, and find it there is another problem. The pop-up screen doens't let you see if you've already marked the movie as seen (don't know for the other checkboxes). This way you can add a movie infinite times to your shelf. Wich is kind of a waste.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Unless it's groundhog day ofcourse, then it's just irony.
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    Is this a glitch, or are deleted shots now saved too? http://whatthemovie.com/shot/56778
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010 edited
    it's a glitch that you are able to view 'em ;)

@ forerunner
    sure, we're on it
  5.  permalink
    Don't know if it was posted before, but when I go on New Submissions there's only the page without any pictures on it, which makes me very sad. :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    I've got the same problem as oberstklink, only with the awesome uploads
    • CommentAuthormarisk8
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    I tried to add my dvd collection to the shelf, but lots of movies didn't show up on the search, and some of them appeared wrong. (ie: i searched for elizabethtown and got garden state, then when i searched for garden state i got nothing). that happened to about 30 movies.
  6.  permalink
    Hi ;)
    In my profile (shelf / Favourite Movies) there is an option of editing a cover of my favourites. When I choose "my own cover' and save changes, the cover of a movie on my shelf doesn't change.
    Just sayin', you know :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010 edited
    Since each hour the highest rated snapshot posted between 24 and 48h ago is automatically promoted to the FF section, it may be useful to add an option to sort the new submissions by rating, just to see at one sight the shots that are the most likely to go through.

(@naut: thanks for the page titles)
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    that's how it is sorted for moderators right now.
    we think it might be a bad idead to allow sorting by rating as it would encourage tactical voting
  7.  permalink
    For me it would be useful to disable option of voting for your own shots.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    Why? Just vote 10 on your own shots, just like everybody else. As long as you vote fair on all other shots, it won't make a difference.
  8.  permalink
    Just a suggestion. I think that without it maybe less people would give all other snapshots 1.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010
    I know this has been asked/proposed before. But why show the average score on the new submissions shots? If you hide it until the person has voted, perhaps you would see less imitation votes, and maybe even a more honest voting by the users.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAmbi
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010
    Yeah!! That's a great idea. I completely agree, we shouldn't see the rate before voting.
    Second thing: is there any posibility to put at home page (like my last FF shot and my new submission) the first shot from FF which is going to the archive as a next one? Maybe it can be a great help to think once more and solve it out.
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    I agree with forerunners idea! the imitation votes are really something unnecessary. not being able to see votes of others might make for a more honest voting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    I think it would be really great to have a User of the week/month (think two weeks would be the best, but 'user of the two weeks' sounds so weird ;) )

Would be really nice to get to know something about other WTM-users (the more well-known, so people who regularly upload shots, shout or participate on the forum or chat) and also the man/woman behind the avatar. Of course there have to be some movie- and WTM-questions (fav movies/directors, best own upload, how did you get on this website, what do you miss on wtm?) but I would also be very interested in other subjects like hobbies, school/job and things like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    An easy suggestion:
    randomize the 3 favourite snapshots on the profile page, just as it is done for the favourite movie.
    BTW it seems that for each favourite movie, it is always the same shot that is displayed. It could be randomized too.
  9.  permalink
    Here's something I'd like to see, if it's possible at all. When I got to the homepage, there's those little, yellowish boxes to tell me what happened in the time I was gone. I think it'd be handy if these be linked to the sections they refer to, since I'm always trying to click them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    I for one would like to see the forum account page link to the WTM general account. The forum one is pretty, well, boring compared to the general one:P