Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010 edited
    @forerunner :
    To assign a favourite upload on your profile, click on the link "Assign favourite Upload" just next to the red title : "forerunner's Gallery".
    Then enter the ID of your favourite upload, and this shot will appear in a bigger window than usual.
    (To see an exemple, you can go on my profile http://whatthemovie.com/user/LePaposaure )
  1.  permalink
    I'm again having difficulties accessing the site with IE6, it worked fine for a while. I can't update the browser on the PC i'm using now.

Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010
    We do not support IE6 anymore.
    Actually, the site should not be usable at all with it.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010
    Hi tliff, I'm on internet explorer 8, I made a mistake, I can see the stats but not the graphs.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010
    I'm having trouble adding alternate titles right now. Am I the only one ?
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010
    I really like the new stats and all the updates, thanks for that! :)

I also have an idea for a new graphs, it would be nice if you could see how easy/hard your uploads are. So how many of your uploads are unsolved, how many are solved between 1 and 10 times, how many between 10 and 50 times etc. The same would be nice for the solves, so that you an see how much shots you have solved that nobody else solved, how many between 1-10 other people solved too etc. Dont't know if this is possible, but its just an idea.
    It could look something like this:
  2.  permalink
    I like the idea in the post above me.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    I like the idea in the post above the post above me.
  3.  permalink
    I like the idea in the post above the post above the post above me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    what they said
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    what pspan said about what they said
    •  
      CommentAuthorbubblemilk
    What LordMyst said about... Oh, you get the idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    I like the smooth navigation through "your feature films" on the home page. But there is still a bug on the number of shouts displayed (same problem on "your recent submissions").
    Why only the last 20 feature films ?
  4.  permalink
    Because the rest aren't feature films any more, but in the archive. I get nearly 30 in mine.

Edit: Actually, I get 37.
    • CommentAuthorramses
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    did you change anything concerning uploads? 'cause for some reason i can't upload shots using opera (v10.10) anymore. worked fine until recently.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010
    are you trying to upload a bmp?
  5.  permalink
    Stats haven't updated for me in almost a week now. Anyone else get that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    same here OhLookBirdies :)
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    Yeah I was starting to wonder about that, too.
    • CommentAuthorramses
    tliff: No. Tried PNG and JPG. As I said, Uploading worked fine until recently... maybe a week ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010
    I think it would be nice if there would also be a Shots hall of fame, next to the User hall of fame.
    Say the 5 highest rated, most shouts, most favorited etc.
    i'd like to see those stills
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010 edited
    Looks like something's wrong with FF : I can't display shots from a specific day/month any more, I get an Error 500 instead.

EDIT : It seems to work fine now.
    • CommentAuthorgp
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    I hate voting on my own shots (feels dishonest somehow), could you make it so you don't have to vote to see the ratings for your own shots? You can already see them on the front page when they're in new submissions and feature films
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    just have a question.
    I've been getting the impression lately that the show unsolved only checkbox doesn't work properly in FF.
    I keep seeing shots i solved every now and then.
    Anybody else also has this?
  6.  permalink
    @forerunner: I've been having this problem, but it's kinda random, some days it happens, some others not o.o

Well, I think there's a problem with this shot 65970. It's not like it has black bars around, it's like the whole screen just got perfectly square (that "you solved this snapshot" warning is just the same lenght). Never seen that happen before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010
    Hall of fame doesnt work for me and when I log in i get an "error 500".
    A minor thing is also that if you try to upload a shot from a movie as supporter and already have uploaded 5 shots you get this message:
    "Sorry, You already uploaded two Snapshots of this movie. Become a WTM Supporter and upload up to 5 Snapshots from the same movie."
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    when navigating through the title shots, I cannot see the ones before this one http://whatthemovie.com/shot/65886
    It gives a 500 error
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Works fine here, Chrisy (In Firefox 3.5.8). Which browser are you on?
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    Fine in IE8
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010 edited
    I use firefox

This is the one I cannot see http://whatthemovie.com/shot/65874
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Ah, there I do get an error! :P
  7.  permalink
    Dunno if it's a bug as such, but shouts on your revies don't show up in Tales of Interest. I'd like it if they did, even though I only rarely get shouts on my reviews.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010
    if want to go to the hall of fame I get Error 500
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010
    I still can't see the graphics, I use IE8
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010
    I think i found a bug in the archive.
    If (using Firefox) I go to the first still, and then select next (with show unsolved only), i get transported to #495 or something. Then pressing previous i can only go to #493, and then the previous button goes blank. BTW, i havent solved all the 400 stills in between :P
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    forerunner: I think this only works for the first 500 shots or so, because these were all added on the same moment for some reason.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I can see the graphics now! Cool!
  8.  permalink
    I noticed that when someone comments on a review, it doesn't get displayed as 'Tale of Interest' on the homepage, and it doesn't show up in the list of shouts you've received on the homepage. Maybe it's an idea to add the review-shouts to the Tales of Interest?
  9.  permalink
    Heh, read 5 posts up, Spud. I pointed that out last week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    I was wondering if there were any possibilities to make a color code or something like that on the Profile pictures to mark if the person is male or female. I know you can go into the actual profile and see it there, but if you comment on a shout someone else has made on a snapshoot it whould be nice to see if that person is male of female. Just a suggestion
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    you wanna hit on the females? (or males)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    haha... Well, Hitting on the females was not my first thought. The point is it whould sometimes be nice if the person is male of female in the way you talk to them. If i write "Hey man that's a really good snapshot", it whould be kind of embarresing if i was saying that to a female. BUT offcorse I could write the name instead of "man" and then there whould be no problem.

But as I said just a thought.
  10.  permalink
    @OhLookBirdies
    Dang, I thought I read the entire thread...must've missed it then. But that's a good idea you have there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010 edited
    Underworld Rise of the lycans is twice in the database. Once as Underworld: rise of the lycans (good)
    and once as Underworld 3: Rise of the lycans (wrong)

edit:
    i think this is a first. http://whatthemovie.com/movie/r_ussir_ou_mourir has the movie title translated in French. The original name is added as an alternative title :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2010
    A micro bug in the supporter stats: when you move you cursor on the 2 last graphs you have a vertical bar and the exact date of the cursor position is given on the right. On the first graph (Hall of fame position) the date is stuck to june 4, 2009 on the left part of the graph, and ok for the earlier period of time.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    It works OK for me. Are you sure you didn't draw a "zoom in" rectangle on the "small" HoF graph ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    I checked on your stats MrZob and on a few other players and it works. But not on mine. Not a big deal.
  11.  permalink
    Looks like the starting date that bar uses is not your join date, but the date your first upload went through. Mine doesn't go further back than september 28th, which is the day after my first snapshot got accepted. Your first snapshot got accepted on june 3rd, so it starts the day after that. No solution, but a likely cause!
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Well done OhLookBirdies. I just have to uncheck the upload stat box and I find the good date. Thanks !
  12.  permalink
    Maybe it's just me, but when I'm hitting the random shot button (which I do when I get bored), I keep getting the same shots over and over again, while there's plenty of shots in the archive I haven't solved yet. It's kind of frustrating to be hitting that button over and over again and not seeing anything new for five minutes or so.