Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010
    I thought it wasn't allowed to post more than 2 snapshots of the same movie.
    Yet http://whatthemovie.com/shot/54336 , http://whatthemovie.com/shot/54339 and http://whatthemovie.com/shot/54348 seem to say otherwise.
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    maybe it has something to do with the fact that the middle one was awesome uploaded.. not sure though
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Forerunner: one snapshot is an awesome upload. It is ok with awesome upload, they do not follow the restriction. And you can use them to post a third shot ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    They're all uploaded the same day and they're all awesome uploads:)!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    oh yes, actually they are all awesome uploads :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    And I believe it's pretty ridiculous to upload 3 awesome uploads from the same movie the same day, he could have uploaded with some days break :S
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    @ Razzomega. yeah i agree, not so very awesome
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    indeed
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    I agree with you, but there is not a rule to stop people doing this at the moment.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/54339
    especially this one

why?
    personelly I think this one is a vote for deletion
    what do you think about this shot?
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    well it follow the rules imo although I have to agree, I dont understand why this was posted... but some people may like it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    I added a shout to the "mike myers" one.

Copy:
    "It isn't a great snapshot IMO but is also not breaking any rules. The user used an "awesome upload" so it doesnt have to "earn" its place like the ones going through NS. Dont think deletion votes are justified, even if you think the shot isnt great. "

And btw, I still havent seen this movie (own it on blu but haven't ot round to watching it yet) - thanks for the 2 solves :) I got the mike myers one already, and 2 free solves when you told me they were the same film

\o/
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    lordmyst : I can see you are getting all flustered about this, take a deep breath and ask Naut or tliff to make a judgement call.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    lol :) them00ch

and I was so calm the last 1/2 year :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    haha you did well so far mate :) Remember its only a game.

I sort of agree with you on this one but it's not technically breaking any rules, and people can use their awesome uploads how they want. I think naut or tliff need to make a judgement call, but at face value its not an illegal shot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    well, fuckaduck (what's in a name) has now 30% more FF films than before the awesome uploads.....
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    "And btw, I still havent seen this movie - thanks for the 2 solves :) I got the mike myers one already, and 2 free solves when you told me they were the same film"

Same here :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    OK got some clarification - so to paraphrase our illustrious leader naut :

"If you dont like it, vote to delete and other people will join you if they feel the same - and I love cuddling teddybears".

So ignore what I said, the master has spoken :)

p.s I might have made up the bit about teddybears.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    But who doesnt love cuddling teddybears! I have a teddy-hippo and a teddy-ant myself.
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010 edited
    I really don't agree with the votes for deletion. I didn't like the 2nd shot at all (like most shots with names of actors etc) and i dont like that 3 snapshots of the same movie are uploaded in a row. But it is not breaking any rule, so any vote for deletion would be invalid imo. A vote for deletion should only be done when a snapshot is breaking a rule, a shot should never be deleted just because 5 people dont like it.

I do think we maybe need a new rule to prevent this for the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    I agree with toffetomas.
    Although i think the stills in this case the shots aren't good/bordering on breaking the rules, i don't think that we should sort this out by just randomly deleting the shots.
    As Chrisy said above, you can use awesome uploads for third (or 12th) shots of a movie. If the community doesn't agree with this, then it should be clarified in the rules/FAQ, to sort this problem out in the future.
    Not by players in the forum.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    I'm completely with toffetomas and forerunner on this. Allowing this king of deletion will only lead to chaos !!! :)
    • CommentAuthorFUCKADUCK
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010
    Whao! What a mess I did with those snapshots...
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010 edited
    problem has been solved, so i don't think its a big deal anymore.
    Does anyone know if rules have been made regarding this issue?

On a side note, what happens to your awesome upload if the snapshot is deleted? Do you get it back, or do you lose it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    I lost one that way
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010 edited
    @ forerunner

no rules changes made, none needed. I know naut is reluctant to enforce more rules (understandably). The 5 golden rules cover everything needed.

And wrt awesome uploads, I would say that if it's your own fault the image got deleted (like bad quality, black bars etc, dupe in archive, break of rules etc. etc.) then you would lose the awesome upload.

If it wasnt your fault, like a dupe of an image in FF still (and wouldn't show up when you upload) then a case could be made to get your awesome upload back, but it would be a manual process. You would have to notify a moderator to beg with the admins :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    And he really means beg... Make a video with you crying on the ground, and post it on youtube.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    and don't forget to post it on the forum too :P