Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    In a few recent instances, I noticed that some people think its OK to call people names and be rude in shouts etc. I wonder why some think its normal to call others moron, etc. I would like to hear other's opinion on this. I think this cannot be tolerated.....
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I agree with you, I always give thumbs down to shouts like this, but some people just don't know proper netiquette, and learnt their manners in youtube-flaming etc...
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010 edited
    Pspan, you are right, I have left a couple of messages for people telling them it is not acceptable behaviour. No one has the right to threaten or bully anyone here. Refer them to the Terms Of Service:

http://whatthemovie.com/page/legal

notably:
    "You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other whatthemovie users."

EDIT: and if it gets worse, or you don't feel comfortable putting the user straight yourself, let a mod or admin know, its our job to be the bad guys :)
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    i agree with you, as far as other people calling people names.
    the problem is with the issues is that, also in this case. you fire back at them.
    this only makes both of you more angry and that way you both keep firing. so i think in this case both of you are wrong.

just stay calm, don´t make people even more angry. as to what themooch said, it´s indeed wiser just to let the mods be the bad guys :)
    (my opinion)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    sorry revani, but I am not threatening or calling names anybody. As Hanske84 is continuing this anyway, I will inform the mods then....
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    I love bitch fights, please show me where they are ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    your calling me a bitch razzo?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    yeah ;-)(joke) Sorry pspan. But it doesn't sound that you're the one with the bad behavior!
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    @ pspan, i did not say that. i said you were as much part of the issue here as the other person is. i'm dutch, i understand what you said to her "rot gauw een eind op." "schelden doe je maar thuis bij je vriendjes" (some examples) to say things like that is not being nice either. just so you understand, i'm not choosing any party in this. you both are to blame. calling names is certainly not OK. neither is telling her to kindly fuck off (for lack of a better translation.)
    • CommentAuthorOberstKlink
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    People being rude in comments on a web-page always see that as a way of feeling potent under the umbrella of anonymity. It is pathetic and shouldn't receive too much attention. Maybe there's a need for a "Report comment" button, so it can be deleted and the offenders dealt with individually.
    WTM is a "global village" and people might sometimes come across as rude due to lacking english language-skills, although, I'm sure, most don't mean to. But I'm not a fan of insults or youtube-like "discussions".
    We're all here to enjoy ourselves so make the experience as pleasant for everyone else! ;)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    That report comment button would be nice, also for shouts with hints etc in them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    I removed all shouts, end of discussion for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentAuthorhanske84
    end of discussion for me also, i didn't want to offend pspan, but i was a little irritated that he suggested that my shot wasn't from a dvd and posted a vote-deletion at once instead of asking me first. but i think revani is right, we both went out there what we shouldn't have done, we are both adults and should act like that. my apologies for the name-calling @pspan and for everyone else who have felt affended.