Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcastaka
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    Hi everyone,
    I know it can be handy to write shortcuts to movie titles instead of the plain one but could a rule be stated to prevent LOTR to be added in every language every time there's a shot of any of the three movies in the new submissions. - 300 to anyone who does it ? no ? :D I talk about LOTR but it also happens for all the james bond (i'm not motivated enough to remove them all).

If it is allowed then ok I will be happy to write lotr, hp, sw or any other but i'm not sure it's supposed to be. It's an open door to a whole lot of new titles that wil mash up into a lot of abrieviations for any movies. Rules were bended to make it easier to enter all the sequels with long titles like star wars or harry potter, it shouln'd be pushed too far I think.

A working title like James Bond 17 is not a title in any country and I don't think it should be added as an alternate either (though very handy when you know it's a bond). Every time I remove one there's two others a week after !
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    I have made some James bond and then a number:)! They're under alternative titles and then I believe it's fair, but LOTR isn't fair I think ;)!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    The disadvantage with James Bond "number" is that you can just type James Bond, and it recognizes it as the correct one. Therefore you do not need to know which movie it is. Even if it does not do that, you can just try every numer starting with one. The game is not "try every movie untill you find it" but "know/find the movie".
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    Ok I removed one more LOTR xD It's just bugging me a lot I think. Could there be a way to prevent some names to be added ? :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010 edited
    What is the problem with LOTR as soon as "pirates of the carribean" is allowed for the 3 movies (and that's good) ? Idem for "Harry Potter" that works for the 6 movies. It could help to allow "hp". Same for "Star wars" (SW).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010
    I don't have a problem with there being shortcuts at all . . . it was such a pain in the ass to type in each bond movie till I got it right . . this makes it more fun . . .
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Or you just recognize the right movie in one way... What's next, "movie with jack nicholson" as answer? Or "french film"? Because that is way quicker than typing in several possible answers before you get it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    i agree with asmodai

this movie is about knowing the title of a movie from seeing a single snapshot. Not about more or less knowing what movie series it could be, from seeing a snapshot
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010
    It doesn't have to be all or nothing . . . pro choice doesn't mean you want to rip every single baby out of every womb . . . lol

We just need to figure out a good spot to draw the line . . .
    • CommentAuthorjoma
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    so you are the one who deleted all my lotr alternative titles :D

where is the difference whether I type "Lord of the rings" and it counts for all 3 movies or I type LOTR and it counts for all 3 movies? I tell you: the first one involves a lot more typing!
    BUT: I agree with you on the bonds. as there are so many you shouldn't be able to just use bond as an answer (although I hate it when I recognise a bond and don't remember the title).

so I agree with siren34. draw a line somewhere (btw: I am really tired of trying "the hitchhikers guide to the galxy" on space shots. we should use thgttg or even better hgg ;))
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Then, instead of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy", use "Hitchhikers Guide" as an alt title. That looks much better than just a few random letters together.
  1.  permalink
    H2G2 ;)
    • CommentAuthorjoma
    well the hgg suggestion was a joke^^ but its not about the looks its about seeing a pretty obvious lord of the rings shot and despite thinking "omg not another one" having to to type a very long name. LOTR does the trick and does not give anyone any advantage in the game...