Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010
    Having manipulated the new site today, I made an unexpected observation on my own behaviour:
    I almost do not vote any more !

1/ The vote of the others is an interesting information, but it is not interesting enough to make me vote+reload (the site is still pretty slow, although faster than the past few days).

2/ I realize that I previously often voted in reaction to an existing vote that seemed unfair to me (too low or too high). Now that I do not see anything, it is just like if their were no votes at all.

3/ I am not interested in earning bucks.

It could be interesting to measure if NS shots get more or less votes than in the previous system.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010
    its the other way around for me: curious as to the votes, I now vote more often. When looking in NS, I can see the ratings of these shots....
  1.  permalink
    I prefer the new system. I can now form an uncompromised opinion about a shot. However, it would be nice if the average shows up immediately after giving my own vote, without having to reload the page. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    agree with oberstklink
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    I think it's fine this way. If we can see the average vote immediately after voting, people might get tempted to change their votes... and we go back just like we were.
    • CommentAuthorIlse
    I prefer the new system also.
    And I agree with MisterZob that people might change their votes. Why not a system you can vote once?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    I wouldn't like it if we were to vote only once per shot. Because I happened to change my vote many times : sometimes because I solved it and then realized how the shot, that first looked rather boring, was actually really well chosen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRacetrack
    I fully agree with OberstKlink. I observed that I always voted close to the existing votes before. But I also would like to see the average right after I voted myself on a shot. However, I prefer the new system
    •  
      CommentAuthorbubblemilk
    I agree with MisterZob. The new system could become pointless if the average rating shows up right away (without having to reload the page), because people might get tempted to change their votes.
    Also, in my opinion the new system could become even better if the average rating was only visible after the shot has made to the FF. This way, there would be no unfair behaviour towards votes.