Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010 edited
    Hello everyone,

We are glad the past couple weeks of negotiation are over. Due to our severe financial situation we were forced to sell parts of WTM.

We are happy to announce that as of now, WTM is part of NTdev Invest http://ntdev.de
    They have been in business for quite a while and we were able to have a glance at their portfolio, which was impressive.

After the aquisition the newly formed staff (consisting of naut/tliff/moderators + 2 executives from NTdev) have been discussing a rather a big change in gameplay.

Because of the growth of the game, and the amount of new people playing and uploading, the server is having problems processing all the new data that is generated because of this traffic; also the amount of shots in NS has grown by a huge number.

As of next week non-Supporters will no longer be able to upload shots, and Supporters will go down from 3 to 2 slots.
    Feel free to tell us what you think and vote in the poll.

With kind regards,
    The Staff

[THIS WAS A VERY SUCCESSFUL APRIL FOOL’S HOAX]
    • CommentAuthorgp
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010
    we had a good run, wtm. thanks for the good times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkkumendes
    I'll miss the old WTM times.
    • CommentAuthorrohieb
    O_o and I was just getting interested...
    • CommentAuthormarisk8
    Oh well :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    I really don't know what to say... and I don't wanna be the first one to, but well...
    First of all I don't think that it solves the problem to deny the non promoters the right to upload... not everyone can afford to donate (espacially young folks). And I think that a lot of those, who can't donate, simply will quit playing here, because uploading, to be honest, is one of the main parts of this game. To take the time and make shots and hope they get through. It really takes away a lot of fun of the game if you're not able to do so anymore. :(
    I can understand your decision, I know what it's like to pay month for month for a server (which btw is the reason why I can't afford to donate, because I have to pay for my own server), but you really should think about another solution, if you don't want to loose players(which by the way would be a shame, because then you maybe sold a part of WTM in vain... because less players, not so much traffic etc... )
    I've had some ideas how else you maybe could make this work, but I don't know if this still is on the table...
    • CommentAuthormarinaraujo
    Sad to know. I don't have much to say, my icon speaks for me.
    • CommentAuthorDaria
    Ahh ... NTdev Invest. I've heard of them, but I would never trust them!!! They are known to transact shady dealings. Hope you didn't just sell to the highest bidder.
    • CommentAuthorGregh
    I think the best solution is to stop allowing people to upload shots of boobs. That will certainly reduce traffic!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Everyone, please stick to normal reactions, I know it comes as a big shock, but posts like "faewajfjaw; fjaew gj;awj!" is just spam and will be deleted.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    *there is no edit button* *waving with hand*

I’ve seen you! I noted your names...
    • CommentAuthormsb
    I believe if all WTM users joined forces to gather a large amount of money, we could buy NTdev Invest, and have the rules our way. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkkumendes
    Yeah and in this moment I'm going to a traffic light to ask for money to contribute to wtm. The things are good the way they are. I'll do the best I can.:D
    • CommentAuthorSuporcherie
    [comment removed by admin with superpowers]
    • CommentAuthoranestie
    i simply can't believe the story of people saying that they can't afford: if anyone who is a regular here and wants to play, will manage to save a euro a month. it's not that big of a deal.
    the only downsides to that , are that people should pay for the free privileges they had before and supporters would no longer be supporters but consumers. it's no longer a help donation but a flat fee equivalent to an admission ticket to play. All and all, we are just gonna pay to get less from what we've had.

In overall, I understand the circumstances and i think you guys couldn't but comply to the offer. It's not about capitalism only, guys who started WTM are just regular people, and WTM is not some corporation. Free runs are limited, especially in this economy.

I wish very good luck to the new WTM, i hope the spirit would stay the same

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - The Godfather
    Well, yeah, Anestie, if people still want to play WTM they will need to afford this new rule. But think of people that don't have their own money and just cannot buy the supporter stats. What will become for those? No more uploading? Will they be taken off the HOF?

It's just too sad to see that a site with such a great concept like WTM will suddenly loose its players (that's what I suppose that's going to happen, since supporters are still the smallest part of the players). Twas nice to be part of it.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Hey people, you can still play without supporting! The Hall of Fame will go nowhere, and you can still solve shots, or even win awesome uploads in the vault, so no reason to actually leave.
    • CommentAuthorMoab
    I agree with marina, unfortunately I can afford a supporter status. WTM will lose most of it players.
  1.  permalink
    I'm not as optimistic as you guys, as Marina said, there are many people in WTM that can't buy supporter stats, and I'm one of them. I'm deeply disappointed. Uploading shots is one of the things I like the most about WTM.
  2.  permalink
    Will the non-supporters be able to keep posting shots to the vault? Oh, at least that. I'm not that good on solving, so I won't have much to do here :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    Well... I don't know, you know my point of view... but I have to admit I'm too addicted to WTM, so Asmodai is right... at least we still can play and solve shots etc... I don't want to leave WTM =)
    • CommentAuthoranestie
    the site is supposed to be for 18+ and older. If not everyone has a credit card or atm card, that i understand. But 12 euros a year?????? i just can't grasp how peopl cannot manage to maintain internet connection if they cannot save 12 euros a year for a site that keeps them entertained and also provides some sort of movie knowledge. I agree that is not the most pleasant of things to undergo such change but is not that big of a deal. i know that many people just want to solve shots for fun, but now even though we may never have used that privilege of uploading snapshots, some would argue that it takes away from the fun of the game. All of a sudden people feel toy soldiers to capitalism.

Honestly i don't understand why people turn their backs to a site that's been free for so long and kept them entertained and now after playing for so long they can't afford the 12 euro annual fee.

my two cents.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    I know what you mean anestie, but you know the thing is, this is a game where everyone was used to, that it was for free... it's for fun, right? So I also can understand that maybe some people even say they don't want to "pay"... I can see both sides, the ones that don't want or can pay and the side of someone running the site and needs the money... it's never easy though...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkkumendes
    Come on guys we can always find another job or just a job to gain money to buy supporter stats, not a big deal!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    *lol* kkumendes that's it... that I didn't think about that ^^
    Or... I have a better idea, how about we all gather together in different cities/countries and walk trough the streets to get donations ^^
    You know like in Back to the Future with the clock ;)
    We can hand out flyers too
    "Save WTM! "
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    I became a supporter a while back anyway . . . I throw away more money than that on fast food or crap that I really don't need at the store . . . I can do without for one day or so in order to support a site that I really care about and have fun uploading and playing . . . One DVD costs as much as becoming a supporter for a full year . . .

If they raised the price (hoping that doesn't come next) then you will hear me complain . . .
    • CommentAuthorDaria
    I really have to say I saw this coming. We live in a capitalist world and people cannot live from love and air alone.
    We could have been donating food and drinks, but nobody ever thought of it except holynoise who send two bottles of beer some time ago.
    Now, they just did what they had to in order to survive.
    Unless companies are already allowing 18-under people to work on them, finding a job is kinda out of question for me and other young players!
  3.  permalink
    That's just so weird to read coming home from work...but I guess it wasn't unexpected after all. Well, I was going to become a supporter anyway, but still can't agree with it all. I mean, okay, big traffic. Can't it be left for non-suporters one upload or something like that? Everyone would still get something to play with and there would be still supporters and less traffic. I mean, I dunno really what to suggest, I just think it's -too- drastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkkumendes
    Yeah great idea Phoenix I'm painting the flyers "Salve WTM" in this moment. Let's put our hearts on this...
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    marinaraujo psssst.... you're not supposed to be younger than 18... I'm pretty sure you just made a typo and meant you're 18 ^^

kkumendes I'M IN!!!!
    Yeah Phoenix, of course!
    • CommentAuthorDaria
    @kkumendes: me too .. send me the flyer ... I can print some and disperse them at university tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkkumendes
    I guess you can call the young people to send flyers since they are young and can't work. Put your youth in our cause. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    Ok but I really have to say, as much as I like making a bit fun we should get back to topic and a little bit more serious... because unfortunatly this is a serious situation and we somehow need to find a way to save our beloved WTM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkkumendes
    But I meant everything I said!!! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    Me too!!! ;)
  4.  permalink
    You're right Phoenix, I just wanted people to see that even though we love WTM, some players just cannot buy supporter stats! And of course working is not among the possibilities of everyone. Now imagine the New Submissions with only a few shots posted by supporters (only 2 by person), it will get sooo boring!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    I know what you mean marinaraujo, and of course you're right. Like I said before, I really can understand both sides and that's exactly why I think we should try to find a way everyone still gets the right to upload shots, but without tliff and naut losing their homes ;)
    But I wouldn't mind taking them both in like little lost puppies ;)
  5.  permalink
    We can make a campaign to get them house and food too :3 but now, seriously...I don't mind paying even a bit more as soon as I get my salary and a credit card, and of course I'd do whatever's in my reach to help keeping the site running, but just to think I won't have marina's shots to solve any more, it gives me shivers =o there's just too many awesome shots from non supporters. And from supporters too. I say we can try and unite some brasilian folks to pay for marina and some other awesome guys and girls to keep uploading stuff =P I swear I'd be there to help. Well, anyways, I'm probably not making any sense at all, so I'm heading to bed. I'm just glad you guys found a way and sold the site instead of shutting it down for good, that'd be awful. We're a lot of heads thinking, we'll find a good way. Night all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkkumendes
    I had a great idea this is a site about movies, we can make our own movie and with the profit help wtm. Jim Cameron can give us good advice about it.
  6.  permalink
    That's so sweet of you, SunsetWalker! But I'm pretty sure other players wouldn't find it fair :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorkkumendes
    Well I have to go now, I hope we find the solution during the day!!!!Good Night folks :D
    • CommentAuthorGuigs
    Thanks for editing my comment, but this is not what I wrote. I'm no longer going to try to pinpoint the truth, but I must say I find it slightly less funny (to say the least) with all the editing going on in the background. Feel free to erase this as well, now that you're at it.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    I'm speachless....
    I think this is a bad decision, you've just sold WTM's soul
    I guess money governs this world... I'm deeply desapointed and sorry I have a hard time believing what made you come up with this decision. Why not trying to find a solution with everyone first before making this decision (which should be the very last one with no other option possible but is it really the case?
    I'm a contributor because I love this site and because I want to help you guys. I will probably stop paying if my money goes to some company. What other decisions NTdev Invest will make on the game? What will be exactly their power of decision?
    This game was fun because it was free and because it allowed EVERYONE to upload shots if they wanted. This is gone....
    And I also think we shouldn't edit people's message. This topic should be a frank and open discussion and people should be able to say what they want (unless it becomes insults) even if it is not what you want to hear....
    Sad day...
  7.  permalink
    I think Scropion just hit a soft spot there.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    lol yes I hope it is a joke too Scorpion :)
    • CommentAuthorGuigs
    Chrisy, they edited my comment because I was pretty much saying the same thing as scorpion, and they obviously wanted to keep it running as long as possible :-)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    ha ha ha I really hope you are right
    I jumped in with all my heart as always :)
    well at least if it is a joke, you know what people think, never do this please :)
    I wont have a good day until I know for sure it is a joke :) cause with an annoucement so serious like this on the main page and people not always reading the forum, this looks too real.
  8.  permalink
    I've been edited for the same comment as well... IT HAS TO BE an april fool's day joke. :)