Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010 edited
    New contest theme!
    It is time for a new contest, and you can decide what the theme will be! You will have till saturday to fill in your choice, and I will anounce it from then. A week later uploading will start for another week, and then solving will begin. Ideas are taken from the old suggestions topic.

Just a note: When choosing for a fun theme, also keep in mind that there have to be enough shots of this theme for everyone who wants to post one ;) If you think there won't be enough for a certain theme, just let me know!

EDIT: If there is a tie saturday, a new poll will go for one day on with the highest rated options.
  1.  permalink
    GUTS AND GORE ALL THE FUCKING WAY WOOOOOOOOOOOO
  2.  permalink
    I am all for the cameo's
  3.  permalink
    everything but gore would be fine for me^^ mirrors/reflections would be very interesting as qould be landscapes and space.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010
    I'm in for "Split Screens" and "Sound and Music" :)
    • CommentAuthorzippe
    Cats and Dogs :)
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    what are cameo's ?
  4.  permalink
    Gore... :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    mirrors/reflections has my vote
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    goofs and bloopers for me,
    and if possible i would like to vote down on gore :D
    • CommentAuthoranestie
    i would like to edit Smoking with, Smoking OR Cigarettes. kinda like the movie title :P i think there are super nice shots of coffee as well. Just smoking might be a little..erm, smoky :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    anestie, I assume you mean coffee and cigarettes :)

As I have just given up smoking, the last thing I want to see is 200 pictures of people smoking lovely, beautiful, warm, comforting cigarettes.
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    lol m00ch... i'll be enjoying picking shots with a nice lit ciggy hanging from my mouth ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    I hope you equally enjoy your lung cancer or emphysema when it comes too!
  5.  permalink
    Sound and Music (my idea :p...) !
    Great potential !
    And sorry for the horror fans, but please not the Gore theme...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Go Split-Screens!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    Photographs and Paintings :)

Anything but Gore:D
    • CommentAuthorhanske84
    Photographs and Paintings for me as wel :)
    • CommentAuthorFUCKADUCK
    How about the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?
  6.  permalink
    Good idea, if you're looking for 200 shots of the pyramids, 50 of the Great Wall, and 6 of miscellaneous other wonders.
    • CommentAuthorErasmus
    +1 gore.

It would be nice to have a ridiculous and entirely unpretentious topic for a change.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010 edited
    If people are really against one option, I suggest they vote the second highest, to force a tie ;)
  7.  permalink
    And vice versa if they're against mirrors. Fuck mirrors :D
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    VAMPIRE!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010 edited
    As usual I voted Insects and other Creepy Crawlers but this wont have much of a chance, Gore will be of course my second choice. A bit (lots) of blood in the vault will do only good ha ha :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    Go creepy insects and crawlers, go!
    •  
      CommentAuthormikebozzio
    GORE !!!!!!!!
  8.  permalink
    Split Screens, Sound and Music or Photographs and Paintings.

But the other themes are ok, as well. Except for Gore.
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    " If people are really against gore, I suggest they vote the second highest, to force a tie ;) "

can i change my vote? :D
  9.  permalink
    I'm with revani with the vote changing.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    no dont think it is possible, and let's not start voting strategically here as well, come on :)
  10.  permalink
    Yeah, just vote for what you do want. If your choice doesn't make it, and we end up with a theme you hate, just suck it up and wait for the next one. In all honesty, if it ends up being mirrors, I'll probably ignore the whole thing and wait for the next contest, because I really do think it's a shitty theme. But there's a new contest every few weeks, so big fucking deal.

Long story short, vote in favour of what you do want, not against what you don't want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuschko
    I have no idea what I've chose for a couple of hours ... so no tactical voting from me^^
  11.  permalink
    Oh, and also, the good thing is that contest subjects are generally not re-used. There's enough people who are in favour of gore that it will eventually make it as the subject, so all the wimps who hate it might as well get it over with. :D
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    Although I would like to see "Draw the movie" again next fall, to make it an annual contest. :D
  12.  permalink
    There is that, Draw the Movie was awesome. But then again, that's not exactly a theme, more a different approach to miscellaneous shots from all sorts of themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuschko
    That means we can make an annual contest out of "Draw the Movie" :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2010
    There is another Draw the Movie planned for this year, don't worry about that :)
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    Excellent, I already have several new ideas, already took some "test photos" a couple of months ago. ^^
    • CommentAuthorOberstKlink
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2010 edited
    Mirrors is an interesting theme for a contest, but I stick to my original suggestion of gore, splatter, mutilation all the fucking way! :)
    Seriously, out of the blue I can't think of a single (decent) mirror shot to upload, but I'll go with the will of the majority and hopefully I'll have an epiphany. But for now it's still a very close call...

@ Asmodai
    Could you please run another thread for brainstorming on themes for future contests, as I have some more suggestions which I couldn't voice, because the poll was already started. That's not meant to be any kind of criticism, just a suggestion :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    OberstKlink, the previous topic for brainstorming is still around somewhere, that is a general topic ;)

http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=645
  13.  permalink
    Ah, sorry dude... thought that one was only valid for the last contest.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    No, it is a general topic :)
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    big chance its going to be mirrors/reflections

too bad I uploaded this one yesterday
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/74784 :)
    • CommentAuthorDaria
    My four favorites are:

Cameo's
    Photographs and Paintings .... Famous art and buildings too .... can't decide between the two
    Mirrors / Reflections
    Split Screens

thats so hard ..... it's going to be .... *drums* .... Cameo's

and to say something about the gore. Why do people vote just to NOT have gore? It will come sooner or later guys.
    I myself don't like gore that much, but I don't have to paticipate in the contest, do I?
    Let the people who want have their gore contest. Why not? The theme is not going to be repeated immediately.
    So, the people not linking gore could see it like this: The sooner it is over the sooner, the theme is finnished and closed.
    *Thinking about voting for gore now* :) ...... no I think I stay with Cameo's :)))
  14.  permalink
    @Daria: Yeah, that's what I thought too. Gore will come sooner or later and when users want to have it, it should be the topic. That's it. :)
    • CommentAuthoroldzia999
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010
    I dont mind gore (I really like colour red ;D ) but I still voted Photographs and Paintings. There's just something appealing about them, maybe it's because I like to draw xD Cant wait for the drawing contest again! Missed the last one ;(
  15.  permalink
    I voted for reflection, love shots with mirrors! Shame I've already posted some of my favourite ones... :(
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/74008
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/67455
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/64159
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/62162
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/62161
    I was also thinking about a new edition of Draw the Movie, I've been taking some random pictures and just can't wait to edit and post them :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010
    Oh, right, it's saturday! Looks like mirrors and reflections is the winner! Thanks everyone, I will post an announcement.
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010
    I like split screen to be added to the next poll:)