Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010 edited
    Hey everyone,

After the success of our previous, shorter, contests, it is time for a longer one!
    And the theme is Food & Drink, so bring on your best shots of meals, cocktails, snacks and an after-dinner mint!
    Uploading starts on saturday june 19th, 20.00 CEST
    Solving starts on saturday june 26th, 20.00 CEST and will last for two weeks (so, for the calender-challenged among us, untill july 10th!).
    All the usual rules go:
    - No sharing of hints
    - One shot per movie
    - Two shots for not-supporters, three for supporters.

Moderators keep the right to remove any shot that we don't think fits the theme.

After this contest, a new sidequest will happen, more news to come on that!
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010
    two weeks is too long
    last contest was one week and that went great
    why change?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010 edited
    It used to be two weeks, then came a poll about what would be better, which came out tied, so we will vary. Perhaps in the future we will also do shorter contests, but that is not for now.
    I personally prefer two weeks, and I think I'm not the only one.
    Be assured, however, this is not a definitive thing. If it's up to me, all future contests will vary between short (in the future), average (1 week) and long (2 week).
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010
    Agree with Lordmyst, 2 weeks is way too long. Last contests were fine that way, it became more interesting and diverse, going back to 2 weeks will be boring imo
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
    I agree, maybe we have to do another poll in some weeks, when everyone has experienced both.
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010 edited
    Nice! :D

but i also think two weeks for solving is long. and next time a longer period to prepare uploads would be better i think. i normally find it a bit short already.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    @Zythux, we had time to experience the 2 weeks, it was like this for quite a long time already.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    I agree with toffetomas

longer period for uploading
    •  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    Agree to.
    10 days for uploading - 10 days for solving.
    Uploading starts in the middle of a week (Wednesday for example) and last 10 days (finish on Saturday night next week).
    3 days of checking.
    Then Solving starts on another Wednesday and last 10 more days, ending in a Saturday night next week.

I think it's important a contest would end during a week-end, to have time to do a big rush, and would start in the middle of a week, so more players could have a chance to upload their own shots or be first solvers (a lot of people are having a social life during w-e)...

Anyway, food and drink sounds good... Bon appétit !
    i dont think the upload period should be longer, that doesn't have much use. I meant the time before uploading starts, to prepare your uploads.
    So just make the announcement of the theme earlier. That way people have more time to look for good shots.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    I see a lot of product placement shots coming
    maybe an announcement in the WTM newspaper thing would be nice for people who dont read the forum...
    • CommentAuthorramses
    1 week uploading
    1 week solving

/imho.

nice topic for a contest. (waaay better than gore :P)
    • CommentAuthorMaxi
    extending the upload period.. wth.. everyone can search/prepare shots before the uploading period starts.. from now on, u don't have to wait.. so more time than adequate. And one week for solving is perfect.

edit: @toffetomas: you got it, thumbs up
    • CommentAuthorRenko
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010 edited
    Hey! At the moment i am trying to find some shots for this contest, and i am not sure how dominant the food has to be on the snapshots.
    Mhh lets find an example... http://whatthemovie.com/shot/892 -> would a shot like this be accepted? :)
  1.  permalink
    Don't know, but I hope not...
    • CommentAuthorMaxi
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010
    That's the point which I mentioned in my vault comment.
    Because there are no real restrictions I'd accept that shot...
  2.  permalink
    Maxi! What the hell are you doing here: I'm waiting for you in my play-zone!
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010 edited
    WTM Lovers,

please don't upload your food shots in the new submissions because you didn't got a slot in the contest
    for example http://whatthemovie.com/shot/90885

there is chance you will get a dupe because of the contest
    and your shot will be deleted
    upload after the contest