Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordoooom
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2011 edited
    @Papo
    The West Wing is one of my favourites. Great series with great writing especially in the first four seasons. The Sopranos is fantastic, too. Both series i can absolutely recommand to you.
    Six Feed Under is nice as well, but i didn't think it was that good. It had it's moments (including the best ending i've ever seen in a television show), but it had to many things i didn't really like or didn't really care about.
  1.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2011
    SFU is so incredible. Fantastic series.
  2.  permalink
    #
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2011
    Boardwalk Empire must be quite a thing since it managed to beat Mad Men.
  3.  permalink
    #
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2011
    the wire
    • CommentAuthorSeut
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011
    Dexter
    Community
    Entourage
    Californication
    Misfits
    The Inbetweeners
    South Park
    Family Guy
    The Big Bang Theory
    The League

I have seen the first two seasons of Lost, but was rather disappointed. I've also seen a few episodes of The Cleveland Show, but that must be one of the worst series I've ever seen. Very recently, after reading many positive reviews, I've started watching How I Met Your Mother. I'm planning to watch The Wire, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development and both the American and the British version of The Office in the near future.

From the series listed above, I would definitely recommend Dexter, Community, Californication and Entourage... The four best shows of all time :)
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011 edited
    BREAKING BAD!! i have seen this mentioned a couple of times but everybody should watch that! if you don't know it try it! simply awesome.. i can't wait for july and season 4!

furthermore, dexter kinda grabbed me by the balls although not every season is fantastic. The ending of the last season really was a bummer for me..
    Bored to death and the sopranos are also great imho

there are many series i like to watch but don't need to see them all and really am not a fanatic follower of mainly southpark, malcolm in the middle, third rock from the sun, 2.5 men stuff like that.. but these are just comedy shows, not great series like the ones mentioned above

also the walking dead was nice.. but just nice not fantastic for me

but really! breaking bad.. if you don't know it! watcht it!!!

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    Have they postponed Breaking bad new season to July? I though the 4th would start soon again :(
    Can't agree more, for me one of the best series ever made, the characters are just awesome!
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
  4.  permalink
    #
    • CommentAuthorjoachim
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2011
    Well i must admit Breaking Bad is one of the best running TV shows. The simpsons are still top of the list, along with the 2-seasons brillantly directed "S.P.A.C.E.D.", that nobody mentionned !!
    Even worse, you can't tell me nobody here watched the new serie of the great Doctor Who (especially the David Tennant seasons, even though the brand new doctor Matt Smith is quite stunning too)!!! This is to me the greatest and most intelligent TV program ever shown. EVER.
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011
    Six Feet Under ending was WOW..I almost shed a tear..
  5.  permalink
    #
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011
    I'm not an emotional person..but I was really close to shed a tear..and that means something..lol..
    • CommentAuthorKuBi4K
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011
    Mythbusters: I love it 'cause I'm a geek and I did a lot of experiment myself when I was young. I was a mythbuster, without funds and without knowledges :D
    The Big Bang Theory: I love that show but it kinda scares me: I understand all the references, puns, ...
    House MD
    Dexter

I used to watch South Park, but stopped during the season 9 or 10, kinda bored ...
    I tried to watch Sarah Connor's Chronicles which was very bad.
    I tried the new V tv show, it was kinda cool at the begining but I gave up around ep. 6 or 7.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011
    Currently I watch only Big Bang Theory over and over again and "that 70's show" - some episodes are weak but some make me laugh till I cry :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011
    Just started "two and a half men", me likey! already watched 3 seasons in a week
    • CommentAuthoroldzia999
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011
    I now only watch "Big Bang Theory", "Lie to Me" and some reruns of "Friends" and "Gilmore Girls" when there's nothing else on. And sometimes when I really want to de-brain myself I watch "Gossip Girl" or "Scrubs".

My bf used to really be into "CSI" so we used to watch that a lot, but after the episodes had started to be more about personal lives of the characters and less about the murders etc. we kind of got bored with it.
    Also used to love "House" but it was always the same and even the best sarcastic jokes get boring after a while.
  6.  permalink
    I started watching FRIENDS a long time back but that annoying recorded laugh sound at the background made me sick. So abondened the idea of atching comedy seires. Is there any other good comedy series without that sound at the background?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011
    Californication is very funny and it has no laughter track.
    • CommentAuthordoooom
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011
    @Tommy
    Of course there are. Just try 30 Rock or Arrested Development.
  7.  permalink
    @sati and doooom: Thanks for the suggestion guys.. Will give them a try!
  8.  permalink
    @ Tommy_Leazaq
    The Office (US version) !!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKeyser_Soze
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011 edited
    Just finished watching Firefly series...Wow, what entertainment , fun, great twists and awesome characters. I believe I'm not the first to say: Why, oh why did they cancelled it after the first season :( Now i'm gonna watch Serenity again :)
  9.  permalink
    You should also watch Community (Chevy Chase still got it) and Parks and Recreation which is kind of like The Office.
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2011
    Seinfeld
    • CommentAuthoraril
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2011
    I've just watched the first (and only) season of Freaks and Geeks. What a fantastic show that is! I think I have a small crush on Bill Haverchuck.
  10.  permalink
    It was a great show! So awesome to see James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel at their beginnings :)
  11.  permalink
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2011
    just saw the last episode of breaking bad

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!

by the way how is everyone long time no WTM :)
    • CommentAuthorpioa
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2011 edited
    About "Breaking Bad".
    After what you wrote here, i get first sezon and just watched it .... I definitly liked it ... so I must say: Thanks :)
    Liked it more when i saw that Walter Jr. watched "Earth vs Flying Saurces" in TV, and when during birthday party they played "Koop - Koop Island Blues" :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2013 edited
    Hello folks,
    Working in a video library, I'm looking for a good series for teenager girls/young women adults, and I was about buying "One Tree Hill" 8 first seasons.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368530
    But I have negative returns about it, and I would like to know what you think, and if you have advices for other good shows like it.
    Thanks !
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2013
    @LePaposaure, first of all I thought, when I saw this topic revived, that it must be considering either Dexter or Breaking Bad finales and I'm quite surprised it isn't.
    I can't help you a lot with OTH, I remember watching it for a short while at it's beginnings and I didn't quite like it, while it seemed to me that it isn't that much different from other teenager girly series that came before like for example Dawson's Creek. sometime later I caught it on tv and it seemed to get awful serious later on, being based on actual life's problems, not the kind you see in other shows. that is my recollection of a show I, as I told you, didn't watch that much of, but hope it help nevertheless.

now to get back on the original topic of this discussion. I recently finished watching Twin Peaks again and it's still one of my favorite shows ever. next in the line is The Twilight Zone which I just got, and am looking forward to seeing it for the first time. and I can't wait for the new installments of Black Mirror.