Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMimimi
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012
    Dutch director George Sluizer, well known for his Academy Award nominee 'The Vanishing' (1988), 'Red Desert Penitentiary' (1985), Dutch Golden Calf-winner 'The Stonecraft' (2000) and most recently 'Homeland' (2010) is currently working on a project which took 19 years to complete.

***DARK BLOOD - the unfinished movie***
    with RIVER PHOENIX, JUDY DAVIS & JONATHAN PRYCE

It was on October 31st 1993 when the main actor River Phoenix (23) died during the shooting of DARK BLOOD”. “His unfortunate death” brought the production to a complete stand still. Studio Fine Line Hollywood believed back in 1993, after seeing great rushes and the unusual quality of the acting, Dark Blood would be the independent surprise of the year. Now, in 2012, George Sluizer is finally able to start editing the never finished movie.

If you are a fan of River Phoenix or George Sluizer and would like to get this film finished as much as we do, you too can participate in this crowdfunding campaign and receive unique DARK BLOOD gifts.

***Finishing Dark Blood***

Since March 2012, George Sluizer and editor Michiel Reichwein started editing Dark Blood. It is intended that the film “will have its world premiere at” the Dutch Film Festival later this year, provided the post-production budget gets fully funded. Besides editing, there is also a budget needed for sound editing, music composing & recording, color correction and mixage. The Netherlands Film Fund will supply a part of the post-production budget needed. There rest of the budget will be raised by George Sluizer himself.

Therefore George Sluizer needs your help to fund the last part of this special feature and complete it for public display in September.

A film never finished and even almost destroyed.
    Now it can be finished with your help.

***The Rewards***
    SUPPORT DARK BLOOD AND GET ONE OF THESE REWARDS IN RETURN

€ 15 : Receive a personal thank you DARK BLOOD postcard from George, watch one of George Sluizer's films on Ximon.nl & get mentioned on the website and newsletter.

€ 50 : You will receive a limited edition DVD with positive lit 35 mm film frame in the cover, watch one of George Sluizer's films on Ximon.nl & get mentioned on the website and newsletter.

€ 150 : You will be mentioned on the end credits ('Thank You'), get three original limited edition set photo's and the limited edition DVD, a mention on website & newsletter and a film on Ximon.nl

€ 500 : You will receive 2 tickets for the premiere screening at the Dutch Film Festival in September (NFF) (20 supporters max.), you will me mentioned on the end credits ('Special Thanks') & IMDB, get three original limited edition set photo's and the limited edition DVD, a mention on website & newsletter and a film on Ximon.nl

€ 2000 : You will be invited to an exclusive pre-screening & have a drink with the director (6 supporters max.), you will me mentioned on the end credits ('Special Thanks') & IMDB, get three original limited edition set photo's and the limited edition DVD, a mention on website & newsletter and a film on Ximon.nl

€ 3000 : You will be mentioned as 'Supporting Producer' of Dark Blood on the end credits & IMDB (4 supporters max.), you will be invited to an exclusive pre-screening with dinner (4 supporters max.), get 1 minute of positive 35mm material in the original Dark Blood film canister (4 supporters max.) plus ALL previous rewards.

Read all about this Project: http://cinecrowd.nl/details.php?projectUid=e9ba6622b9b119e203226846d0a53add48195bdf and support a few euro's if you can. :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012
    We should try to raise this 500 one with the whole of WTM, see if we can get WTM on IMDB!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMimimi
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
    Yeah way to go Asmodai, any idea how?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
    What about... you all give me all your money, and I disappear of the face of the earth?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMimimi
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012 edited
    With River and George? :P

It's seems nobody is interested.

btw: You can already watch a Sluizer film for free.

JOÃO AND THE KNIFE (1972)

IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068779/
    Free movie: http://anonym.to/?http://www.ximon.nl/Films/jo%C3%A3o-en-het-mes/104108

Starring
    Joffre Soares , Ana Maria Miranda

Plot Summary
    Based on a Brazilian poem by Odylo Costa Filho and very attractive set in the country’s Amazonian and Northeast hinterlands, Joao and the Knife is a hauntingly strange and visually stunning picture. A poor and elderly hunter and cattleranger marries Maria, a 19-year old village girl, against logic and advice. As he cannot give his young bride children, he travels to the Amazonian forest to make some money to give her a better life. On his return as a rich man four years later, he finds Maria carrying a three-year old little girl. Joao, a simple man who has never lied in his life, doubts about the fidelity of his wife. He buys a knife before returning to their village. A long trip through the jungle. Will Joao be able to refrain from hurting the one he loves so much?

Language: Portuguese
    Subtitles: English

:)
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012
    I am interested, but unfortunately absolutely broke :-(((
    •  
      CommentAuthorMimimi
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012
    Thanks Petra for your interest and yeah I know the feeling, I don't have much to spend myself.
    So Asmodai you won't get rich from us. ;)