Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjaum20
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2015 edited
    I have a question about to take a snapshot of some DVD movies. Using the 'save image' or "take a snapshot" option in the Player menu (sofware) in some movies I get a 'laterally flattened' image, but using the PrintScreen button I get the snapshot with the correct aspect ratio. Can anyone explain to me why?
    (Sorry for my bad english)
    Thanks!

• CommentAuthorVierasTalo
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2015
    Is it possible your player has some default settings for what size it saves the image file in? You should look at the settings of your player to find out.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Which software are you using?
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    You seem to use Media Player Classic, perhaps should you try with VLC... It's easy with this to correct those kind of problems...
    • CommentAuthorjaum20
    Yes, it is Media Player Classic Home Cinema. But this problem only happens with DVD movies, BD is Ok.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2015 edited
    That's because DVD pixels are not square, whereas BD's are. Therefore, if screenshots are taken straight from the video source, those from DVD will show up distorted.
    Maybe there's an advanced setting that could fix this, and force screenshots to be taken from playback/display.

Or, as suggested, use VLC instead (at least for screenshots), and follow those instructions: http://siboul.free.fr/wtm/
    • CommentAuthorjaum20
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2015
    Thanks for help. I'll use VLC for snapshots.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacMono
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2015
    Hello everybody,
    I have a technical question here. Lately when I take capture with vlc from DVD, images are squeezed (see below). I've played with the preferences, I've updated it, I've re-installed it but it's still the same. Would you have any advice?
    Thanks

or

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2015 edited
    I have the same problem with the latest version of VLC, and can't figure out what causes it either. Version 2.1.3 still works for me, it seems to be 2.2 that causes the problems. What version are you using?

Older versions can be found here: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    It looks like VLC now takes snapshots in the source format, not the intended display format (as it used to).
    That's a pity.
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    I had the same problem days ago (after I updated it). I re-installed my previous version (2.1.5 Rincewind) which works correctly.