Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2015
    Since I'm a Best Boy now, I do what I had in mind since I joined WTM as a member - add alt-titles.
    (Not for the bucks; there are easier and faster ways to earn them. Even if one does that thoroughly.)
    Most of them are from the IMDB, and there's the question: What about "working titles"? Add them or rather not?
    I won't until I know for sure. ;-)
    • CommentAuthorBan
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2015
    I think any title by which the movie could be known should go as alt title.

A quote from the form to add a new movie:

> Add additional titles, to give the players a better chance to guess your movie (E.g. add Matrix 2 for Matrix Reloaded) or add titles in other languages.

(but I'm no mod so don't take my word as gospel :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I'd say: use your common sense. In some cases a working title can be Matrix 2 for Matrix Reloaded, but it can also be a working title which is used to keep things a secret (such as The Burly Man for Matrix Reloaded) or "Untitled Matrix Sequel". These last two make no sense and do not help players guess the movie, so in my eyes they shouldn't be there.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    Ok - one of the working titles in the IMDB of a certain movie that I had in mind will certainly help solving it, regarding the snapshots so far. ;-D
    Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    I have some critism now.

If I use my common sense I think about what will help the user to find the solution: all James Bond movies should have the additional title "James Bond".
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2015 edited
    But it does remove the point of the game. Why not add alt. title "movie". All part of common sense.

Anyways, my statement was an answer to the question "What about "working titles"?" while referring to IMDB.
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    Why?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Because. Why what?
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    Why does it remove the point of the game?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Because the point of the game is to figure out which movie a shot belongs to. Not which series of movies, not which genre, not which decade, but which exact movie.
    In some cases the typo-allowance sometimes accepts "numbered sequels" (such as The Matrix being an answer because "The Matrix 2"), but that doesn't mean it's supposed to be like that. It's just a better option than not allowing any typo's at all.
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2015
    OK.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    And there's another "problem" regarding alt-titles:
    I just added two new movies to the database.
    The "problem" with one of them: Often, the release title in Brazil is the same as in Portugal. Not this time, though - Portuguese, yes; but a different title. (IMDB)
    Therefore, I just added that as an alternate Portuguese title. OK?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Yes, the flag should match the language of the country.