Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2016
    Hi everybody!

It's time again for our yearly Draw the Movie contest! To those of you who are new to this, a DtM is a vault contest where shots are made themselves by the users, not taken from a movie. The shots still gotta connect to a movie, though, but you can do this yourself, either by recreating a scene from your favorite movie, or by creating a riddle where the movie is the answer. All kind of things are possible, for ideas I suggest you look at the previous editions. You can create this shot with all kind of techniques, by drawing (either manually or on the computer), sculpting, photographing or a mix of them.

Just make sure that you create the shot yourself! It is NOT allowed to take screenshots and simply edit these. And please, think of the copyright, so don't just take pictures of the internet to which you do not have the rights.

Any other rules?
    Of course! Firstly, all the regular uploading rules count: 2 shots per person (3 for contributors), only movies that would be allowed in NS (so no series, tv-movies, etc.). Now, because this is a special event, there is no limit of shots per movie, so you don't need to rush to get the movie you want and have all the time to prepare the awesomest shot you can. However, we still expect the users to post shots of different movies, so not posting 3 Alien vs. Predator-shots. Also, because of this there will be both rewards for uploaders and solvers.

So when is this happening?

Uploads start at: Mar 09, 2016 20:00 - Uploads end at: Mar 16, 2016 19:59
    Solving starts at: Mar 16, 2016 20:00 - Solving ends at: Mar 30, 2016 20:00
    (WTM is on UTC)

You can find the vault here: http://whatthemovie.com/vault/50

Any questions? Feel free to post here, or to ask me or MisterZob.
    • CommentAuthorrosebud
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2016 edited
    ...perhaps a pair of silly questions - have i to take care for the right / original aspect ratio of the movie ? And - the solution of a riddle has to fit the original movie title - e.g. North by Nortwest and NOT Der unsichtbare Dritte ??
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2016
    Aspect ratio is completely up to you!

Solution of the riddle: it's hard to say in general, but it certainly has to be understandable for everybody. So I guess translations aren't the best idea.
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    You can also look in the old Draw the Movie vaults. You will maybe get a better feeling for what is possible.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    I want to do a particular shot for so long (like 4 years) but it takes a lot of time and every time I start too late. Fuck me!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Let me guess, you want the famous shot from Basic Instinct? ;)
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    ahah no but it implies a girl yeah. She still doesn't want to do it. The SHOT.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Good luck ;)
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2016
    There are some movies where the international (English) title is the best choice IMO...