Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2016
    Well - Rigborg's away, but still - removing the announcement (and the discussion going with it) without any explanation just isn't nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    I agree. People were looking forward to the contest for a week. And what difference does the theme name make (it's only some words - the shots are still the same ;)

I think changing the countdown but leaving the contest where it was for the discussion would have been a better move.

If you have to remove it for some important reason that I don't see then a little announcement would have been nice. Is it just postponed? Is it gone for good?
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Still no explanations from the mods ?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Bad timing... Sidequest is postponed as Rigborg didn't show up, the contest is not visible anymore to members for the moment. We don't see the point of running a side quest without a theme when all the fun about side quests is selecting shots to match a theme chosen by the player.

In the meantime, a new normal contest will be announced tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Thanks @kinoute. Maybe a page explaining this could be helpful. The forum is not very popular...
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Yes, an official announcement will come soon.

The truth is the Staff is quite unhappy (to say the least) with this situation too.
    To be forced to take last minute decisions like this is not how we intend to run WTM.

But whatever we chose to do, it had to be discussed within the whole Staff first. There's only 3 of us, but we all had more important things to do with our personal lives yesterday.
    That's why we focused on what we felt was the most urgent: pull the plug on that sidequest before it actually started.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    For the record, my (not so) important thing was drinking beer in Amsterdam, so I was out of contact and when kinoute and Zob finally managed to reach my through my phone it was immediately taken care of by them. I fully agree with what Zob said above. Apologies for this situation.
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2016 edited
    what's with this "new normal contest" announcement scheduled for today??

tough for this animated one, but it's still happening in future, right??

and I can't see the what Staff has to apologize for, keep up the work, guys...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2016
    Thanks for the information. I hope we can have the sidequest someday, even if Rigborg has quit WTM.

Having a replacement contest is a great idea. I'm looking forward to the announcement today :)
    • CommentAuthoraigle1
    It's not a big deal @Asmodai @MisterZob @kinoute
    Too bad for the 'TBA' contest but I agree with @vepro, let's give another great thanks to the moderators who work hard to keep WTM so nice. Hope this sidequest will reappear soon and, life goes on :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Thanks for your understanding, guys!

We definitely still want the sidequest to go on, we just can't say when (we hope soon, of course!). Announcement for regular vault will be tonight, and don't worry, there'll be time before uploading starts so you can select some nice shots.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Thanks @moderators
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016
    Good talk!
    Thanks for explaining and everything!
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    I do hope that nothing bad has happened to Rigborg (I mean something like an accident) .... Thanks to the moderators for their good job , and for the next contest announced !
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    @Circee My thoughts exactly (I mentioned that in the vanished discussion).
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    @greyhound So we had the same thoughts ... (compassion and kindness )
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    Hey everybody.

Sorry for my absence. I had some problems with my provider and suddenly found myself without any internet connection. So nothing happened to me, but I'm very sorry if I caused too much trouble.

I will now write to the moderators, and see if we can work it out :)