Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2017 edited
    Hi everybody!

It's time again for our yearly Draw the Movie contest! To those of you who are new to this, a DtM is a vault contest where shots are made themselves by the users, not taken from a movie. The shots still gotta connect to a movie, though, but you can do this yourself, either by recreating a scene from your favorite movie, or by creating a riddle where the movie is the answer. All kind of things are possible, for ideas I suggest you look at the previous editions. You can create this shot with all kind of techniques, by drawing (either manually or on the computer), sculpting, photographing or a mix of them.

Just make sure that you create the shot yourself! It is NOT allowed to take screenshots and simply edit these. And please, think of the copyright, so don't just take pictures of the internet to which you do not have the rights.

Any other rules?
    Of course! Firstly, all the regular uploading rules count: 2 shots per person (3 for contributors), only movies that would be allowed in NS (so no series, tv-movies, etc.). Now, because this is a special event, there is no limit of shots per movie, so you don't need to rush to get the movie you want and have all the time to prepare the awesomest shot you can. However, we still expect the users to post shots of different movies, so not posting 3 Alien vs. Predator-shots. Also, because of this there will be both rewards for uploaders and solvers.

So when is this happening?

Uploads start at: Mar 04, 2017 20:00 - Uploads end at: Mar 11, 2017 19:59
    Solving starts at: Mar 11, 2017 20:00 - Solving ends at: Mar 21, 2017 20:00
    (WTM is on UTC)

You can find the vault here: http://whatthemovie.com/vault/57

Any questions? Feel free to post here, or to ask me or MisterZob.
    • CommentAuthormjsps
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2017
    "only movies that would be allowed in NS (so no series, tv-movies, etc.)"
    What about movies not yet released on dvd?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2017
    Movies not yet released on DVD are not accepted on WTM. DtM is no exception.
    • CommentAuthormjsps
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2017
    Ok. Thank you, MisterZob.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2017
    Let's go! I can't wait to see what you guys have created :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2017
    Perhaps a rule regarding "tags" on DtM shots should be made? Several tags were added to my shot that was wrong, and in my opinion made solving the shot impossible. Perhaps only the uploader should be able to ad tags to their own shot in the DtM contests?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2017
    Unfortunately some uploaders seem to be a bit lazy and don't tag their shots.. Also, I personally think that just a wrong tag does not make solving the shot impossible, since you have to solve the shot, not the tags. Tags are ONLY to find the shot back, not a hint to solve the shot. If some user sees something in your shot that wasn't intended, it's all the more fun.

But we'll have a think about it for next round.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2017
    I understand that this is the case on the usual shots, but the DtM shots are made by the users, so therefore I think only the person who make the shot should be able to tag the shot.

Let's say someone drew a picture of a rock. Then another person thinks that the thing drawn is a potato and therefore ads the tag "potato" to the image. I myself would then think that the tag was added by the person drawing it and asume that the image is of a potato and not a rock. Then it would be very difficult to guess that the movie title is "The Rock". Not the best example but you get my point.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017
    last vault already 4 months ago... when next vault starts?