Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    After the crash, I re-entered my email, then reset my password. On the browsers I had already logged in before, it allows me access like normal, but since I wanted to check and make sure the password was working correctly, I attempted to log in on a different browser, and got "Your account has not been validated. Please check your mailbox (and your spam folder) to validate it." However, after quite some time, there is no validation email to be found. Is there a way to submit a request to resend that validation email? Or is this just an issue of it taking a significantly longer time than usual to send the validation email?
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2019
    Try again to login, this should be fixed now.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2019
    Since "After the big crash..." or opening a new thread doesn't work at the moment, I try here...

I just want to wish you luck for fixing the problems and Thank You!

(poor tliff...)
  2.  permalink
    I'm having a similar reactivation problem. I actually did receive my reactivation link, but when I click it the WTM site displays 'invalid request', and nothing changes.

After the database restore it took me a while to figure out I had to logon using an old password, but then when I finally managed to get inside, I got the stupid idea of updating my e-mail (which was restored to an old one too). A reactivation mail was sent to me (I still have access to my old e-mail), but when clicked, it fails with 'invalid request'. Now I am really caught in limbo: I cannot logon or request another activation link before I activate, and I cannot activate because the link does not work... :-|

Seeing the amount of work that's coming down on what appears to be only tliff (many kudos!) I am hesitant to ask for help. I hope it can be fixed easily, but if not, just put me on the waiting list. (I already created a temp account to fight the WTM withdrawal symptoms.)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2019
    @sittingduck
    Please contact us either on Facebook or Twitter, using their "private message" feature, in order to confirm the new e-mail address that should be validated.
  3.  permalink
    @MisterZob
    I'm sorry, I am on neither of those. Is there another option?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2019
    Creating a tweeter account will take 2 minutes. And you don't have to use it afterwards if you don't want to.
  4.  permalink
    @MisterZob
    Ok, if that is the only option. I'll give it a try.
  5.  permalink
    @MisterZob
    I have forged myself a Twitter account. On which account exactly should I contact you? (I found @Whatthemovie, but it tells me I can't send private messages there, which makes sense I think.)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2019
    Just tweet something mentioning @Whatthemovie and we should be able to start a DM conversation with you.
  6.  permalink
    Done!
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2019
    You should be able to DM us now on Twitter now. Please do so to confirm your current e-mail address.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregov
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2019 edited
    Edit: nevermind, sorry :P