Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2020 edited
    Hey everybody,

After some silence and server issues, it's finally time again for new vault quest! Especially with the quarantines going on in many countries, this will hopefully give some entertainment!

However, because of the server issues, we thought up of a new concept that will hopefully lessen the load on the server a bit, trying to avoid big peaks that might hurt it. So, what's up?

The same:
    - Contest has a theme
    - Users can upload 2 (supporters 3) shots that fit that theme
    - After uploading, solving starts
    - Don't upload shots that fit the theme but are NOT intended to the vault, or additionally to your quotum.

However, especially the uploading phase will be a bit different, so what's changing:
    - Uploading goes through New Submissions (NS). We want you to pick your shots for the vault as you normally would, but upload them as NORMAL QUIZ SHOTS, in the NS section
    - You then add the specific tag "doorway vault" to indicate your shot is intended for the vault
    - The shot goes through NS normally, so it can slowly collect some votes and solves before it hits the vault
    - After it got into Feature Films (and it will have to get in there!), we will manually move the shot to the vault. It will disappear from view for a while, but it will still be there.
    - After a set period of time, we stop moving shots and will open the vault to the public. You can then all continue solving until the vault runs out, as normally. The solving will starts at a silly time, but as you all could already go and solve during its NS phase, you won't need to hunt for first solves anyways ;)

You ARE allowed to use Awesome Uploads to get a shot for the vault straight into Feature Films, but you are not allowed to use this to go beyond 1 shot per user per movie. This does mean that there is a possibility that there will be multiple shots of the same movie in the vault.

Now, the theme. I already hinted it, but after the great suggestion here on the forum we only had one choice: Open doorways! It's a great thing to keep in mind that there will again be better days in the future where we can freely run around outside again. Keep up the good hope!

When are we gonna do this?
    "Upload" phase starts: 14-Apr-2020, 19:00 Central European Time
    "Upload" phase ends: 28-Apr-2020, 18:59 CET
    "Solving" phase starts: 29-Apr-2020, 5:00 CET (yes, middle of the night)
    "Solving" phase ends: 6-May-2020, 5:00 CET

So, I can imagine there will be questions for this new concept, so go ahead!
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2020
    guess it's gonna be a pain for whoever is pulling the snaps manually.
    could you put up few examples here...
    and, is there gonna be a vault entry or it's gonna be handled through forum?

cheers and looking forward to it
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2020 edited
    Hello ,I hope to read the new rules in French, my English is not so good.. Thank you , may be some other players would appreciate ? also the " FF" , "AU", all the abreviations, I think that it will be easier to understand for new players and avoid mistakes if exact words were used (Feature Film instead of FF) Well, may be it doen(t concern anyone... Thank you for reading my request..
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    @vepro:
    There will be a Vault entry. It's basically a sidequest, hosted by the Staff, but with no "secret theme" as it usually goes.
    As for examples, we'll try and post a few here when we have some spare time.

@Circee:
    Sorry but no, we can't translate this.
    1. I absolutely have no time available for this.
    2. If we do it for French, why not for German, Portuguese, Polish, ... And we just can't.
    I suggest you just use some automatic translator (like Google Translate) and you should be able to understand what it's about.
    Most acronyms have been clarified, though.
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    thanks,
    one more question, what's the tag gonna be
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    Thanks, I have tried but ther's still new rules that I do not understand: no matter, "wait and see"
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    So I can't use a movie from which I already have uploaded 5 regular shots (I'm a supporter)?

May I try more shots if some don't make it to FF until I reach 3 in FF?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    @greyhound

1. You can if you use an AU.
    2. Yes, as long as we haven't accepted 3 shots of yours for the Vault, you can try again with new shots.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    @MisterZob Thank you.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    @vepro: the tag you should use is "doorway vault".
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    @Asmodai, oh ok, I thought it was just an example, thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2020
    can you give us some examples of shots ?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Sure.
    Allowed:

NOT allowed:

(It's not a doorway, it's a tunnel or tube)

Although it may be a tad open, the door is not the focus of the shot nor is it fully open.

It ain't open

It's a closet, not a doorway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    thank you asmodai ;)
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2020
    Are slide doors ok?

I'm thinking of Asian movies.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2020
    If it's clearly a doorway.
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    hello,
    you guys pulled one of my "doorway vault" snap secret stash but not another.
    my question is: do all FF "doorway vault" snaps get stashed or is it up to you?
    or maybe you haven't gotten around to it?
    question is just so I know if I need to upload others or not?
    thanks
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Both your shots have been stashed. Not a the same time, but they most likely didn't make it to FF at the same time either. And we don't visit FF every single minute. ;-)
    All FF shots with the proper tag will be stashed... as long as the shots per user limit is not reached. Then additional shots will be deleted.
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2020
    thought so, thanks
  1.  permalink
    Come on guys only 2 days left to post images!
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2020
    Also please be aware that your shots must have reached Feature Films before 28-Apr-2020, 18:59 CET (that's 19:59 Central European *Summer* Time), which means they must have been posted in New Submission at least 24h before that.
    If you use an Awesome Upload, you may upload until the deadline, though.