Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsebkaine
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009 edited
    Hi guys ! First of all ! a BIG THANKS to you Folks who create this excellent site ! Believe me WTM? is my new drug ! but it is also very frustrating , for my friend i am the hardcore movie-geeks who can recognize every movie ! 2 friends of mine with the same passion and the same deep knowledge of A-B-Z or X movie knowledge try to make the best score on WTM? and we are all stuck to a score beetween 1300 and 1400 ! the best here are at 3000 ???? so a big respect to you guys !!! you give me my humility lessons of the week ! I would be glad to know if there are some peoples here who have reach the same limit : after 1400 correct answer ! It would be fun to know how many people with a huge passion for movies have found their limits beetween the 1300-1400 answer ... and after the A-team it could be the start of the 1300-1400 Team ...

Keep Up the good works WTM ROCKS !

ps : sorry for my bad english ...
  1.  permalink
    You have points only for the movies on which you don't have the "show solution" on the bottom left of your screen!

logged in as theoffice911 (3252/6518 movies solved, 1479 for highscore)

3252/6518 means I solved 3252 pictures overall but my real score is 1479 ! I solved 1479 pictures on which there was no "show solution" button
    To sum up you don't earn points for highscore for the movies between 1 to 8000 but you gain points for highscore for the movies between 8000 and 11382 !
    If you click on the hall of fame, you'll see that I only have 1024 ! The difference between the 1479 and the 1024 is pictures who didn't have "show solution" when I solved thel but now do !

Basically the players who have 3000 points are people who have started playing on this site at the beginning of the game!

I hope I was clear and correct ! Anyone feel free to tell me if I'm wrong!
    • CommentAuthorFedtTony
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009 edited
    1317 for highscore - account created october 12th.

the office911 is correct, people who started in the beginning of the game have a big advantage in the "top solvers of all time".
    If you really want a highscore, go for the monthly one :)
  2.  permalink
    I remember the days when I found my first "usual suspects" still (very nice one!)

Yup. Here from day 1. It helps a lot. But also for the monthly top 20. Given the time I spend at this site and the fact that I have no life and I'm STILL not in the monthly top 20.... ;)

I think it would be fun for the people not in the top-20 to also see the 2 users ahead and behing them. That way the way to the top-20 gets a little more interesting with a local competition.
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009
    I solved 1408 movies, but only 959 for highscore, like theoffice911 said, I'm not here from the beginning, so...

I don't really care about my ranking, near #200 in all-time solvers I think, but I agree with DiedEnFreek, could be funny to know who is just ahead of us!
  3.  permalink
    Being here since day 1 helps you to answer "Aeon Flux" every 10 stills lol
  4.  permalink
    LOL @ theoffice911
    • CommentAuthorsebkaine
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009
    after the desire of being the best movie freaks out there , i find that wTM is a fantastic ressource to discover new film ! guys i don't remember who post a shot of ilsa she wolf of the ss , but i've never heard about this film before ! it look so fun ... after few days i 've find that rank finally doesn't matter , it' all about the opportunity to discover unknown movies ... and there are some really great one here ! Thanks again for this great site ... that's true entertainment ...