Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsapperlott
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2009
    I just wondered what the other users might think of the possibility to add a hint when submitting an image. I'm just not quite sure if and how showing the hint should impact the score.

Do you think that would be a good feature?
  1.  permalink
    Not good.
    You could always use a second account to view the hint. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009
    Old post but I wanted to start one on hints...

I think using hints could be a good idea to spice up the game. Sometimes we go on google to find clues, why wouldn't we have clues here in WTM ?

When we're stuck it could be intersting to be able to discuss with others about finding the movie... and helping each other... it's just a game after all what do you think ?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009 edited
    When someone desperately requires a hint for a shot (for one of those shots you know you've seen and that bugs you for days), they can always ask in the chat. Usually there are people in there who are willing to be helpful.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    you should have been here when we started this ... it was a *lot* harder. The best players barely had 50% solved. WTM was hard, and people liked it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    yeah when I get time I tend to play in the archive :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    By the way are we allowed to give hints in the shoutbox such as "hint: it's a french movie", or "hint: some hint about the story of the film..."
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    no :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    Sorry, "bien essayƩ", as we say in french ;)