Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Hye everyone,

I know WTM since september 2008 and I think this site is really great and perpetuate the great spirit of the web. But as in september, there was something like 3 or 4 new movies everyday, today it can be 20 or 30.

When there was only 3 or 4 new stills every day, I use to search the solution much more than now that there are 20 or 30 new stills daily. So sometimes WTM remembers me of a leaking tap that you can't stop (I had many discussions about that feeling and I don't want to start it again here). Finding the solution of a still is fun, but as as soon as you've solved one, there is another 10 other one coming, so you might feel like Charlie Chaplin in Modern Times.

So I thought that the real problem was the aim of WTM : hall of fame, ranking. Sometime it seems you have to make your job of WTM to have a good ranking. And if ever you reach a good ranking, you'll have to be Conan the Barbarian to keep it.

So maybe it would be fun to add new kind of hall of fame : today top solver, this week top solver, today top first solver, this week top first solver... and ABOVE ALL create boards which maybe consulted at any time.

As much as I like the simplicity of the WTM site, I think that the Hall of Fame system should be improved to better congratulate WTM's freeks.