Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorconnectiv
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2009 edited
    ... mediocre movie and why?

By mediocre I mean movies:
    - that are not rated too high at imdb (no higher than 6.0)
    - which you wouldn't usually like to name among your favourites because people would give you strange looks ;)
    - which you know are flawed but love anyway

Mine is "Memoirs of an invisible man", simply because I am totally intrigued with stories about invisibility and I also love being-hunted-by-the-government themes. Aaaand Sam Neill gives a wonderful performance as the villain! :)
    • CommentAuthorfinker
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2009
    hook! i love that movie
    • CommentAuthorChogori
    Cutthroat Island with Geena Davis! Love It!
    •  
      CommentAuthormikebozzio
    Police Academy... it´s so bad, that's good. I used to love as a kid, watching it now it's like to travel back in time, when I had no problems.... ;-(
    •  
      CommentAuthorZanapher
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    I like Hook too!
    I loved it when I saw it as I was younger and I've always been surprised at how bad it is usually rated.
    • CommentAuthorfinker
    maybe we should start a petition - rate Hook a 10 to get its average up!! I just did, but unfortunately my little 10 didn't make a whole lot of difference :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorconnectiv
    I wouldn't really have counted Hook among the "mediocre" movies in the first place, is think it's a pretty well done fun and family movie :)
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    i just did a quick calculation and if 1000 people here voted 10 we could get hook from 6.1 to 6.17... bummer...
    • CommentAuthorChogori
    I think there are many out there who've become a little jaded, having grown accustomed to the Special Effects we're bombarded with in movies, these days. A lot of directors seem to be in love with a computer, and even a kiddyfilm, what 'Hook' really is, is rated by an adults' eye, an adult of the jaded kind mentioned. It's a fun movie, and sometimes they should rate it for that; the entertainment value itself. In that way, a lot of movies would have a lot better rating on iMDB. Ah... if fantasies came true. But one can dream. :)
    • CommentAuthorTheRizz
    Commandments. It's got a good cast, and a good story to it. Unfortunately, most people get caught up in arguing the religion behind it and don't see the story for what it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthormikebozzio
    Howard the Duck !!! hahaha!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    Once upon a time I loved horror: Friday the 13th 1-6 (rest I never saw: I grew up!)
    Omega man (OK, it got a 6.7 on IMDB, but still its a horrible movie)
    Psycho (the copy of 1998): great to see someone spending so much time and money to copy an existing movie.
    • CommentAuthordontoasta
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009
    Human Traffic - after you've watched this one you've to go out and do some party...

thank god, it's friday
    T.#
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009
    "disturbing behaviour", i watched so often at tv at night, i dont know what but the movie gots something ^^

"alone in the dark" is one of the last 250 ^^ he's not good but he isnt thaaaat bad