Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009 edited
    (I know that few people have already asked the crew about that, but I can't find the official answer about this case. Sorry if it exists somewhere...)
    It's quite simple : I usually post on average 5 shots per week, and when one of them is refused because of an uneasy shot, I try to post another easier shot from the same movie, few days after.
    Since 2 weeks, 4 of my first upload disappeared (I receive no mail about them, and it seems weird, because my last uploads made a marvelous serial of "tongue" shots, and I only received a single approval for one of them), and 2 of my "second-life-shots" uploads are still missing.

So, here are my questions :
    - May we repost other shots of a movie (that have been disapproved because of an uneasy shot) just after having received a disapproved mail ?
    - Where are my last-adorable-inestimable shots ? Did the FBI or the CIA intercept my uploads ? Are you keeping them in a special data-stock ? Are you asking a ransom ?

By the way, you're doing a great job, keep going !

P.S. Will the ransom be canceled if I donate by paypal ? :p
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    hi paposaure,
    to comment your first paragraph: I have no idea. I've been on vacation (and off the internet) the last 14 days, and haven't seen your shots.

To answer your questions:
    - You are allowed to post easier/different shots of movies which got rejected
    - and german intelligence is already working on the lost shots..
    •  
      CommentAuthorZanapher
    There might be two reasons:
    First, sometimes no one votes on a give image and in that case it's bumped back into the queue but you receive no notification. The reason I sometimes don't vote on an image is when I don't know enough about the movie to judge or I don't want to be a decisive factor. In that case if the other moderators do the same because no one wants to decide the image stays in the queue... Note that the last few days we were very few to moderate so it was more common for screenshots to remain "un-voted".

Second, I sometimes refuse an image but I give no reason. I'm not sure how this is handled and if you receive or not a notification e-mail in that case. I give no reason when the pre-defined rejection choices really don't correspond to my real reason for disapproving (most of the time it's when the movie is not well known, with very little votes on the imdb).

I have reviewed your "tongue shots" series and I know that for many of those I didn't really want to accept them (as I said before, I'm not a big fan of series and although I see that you have spent time in finding and choosing the images, I didn't really like most of them (by themselves, not as a series)). I think I clearly rejected some but for others I have chosen not to decide...
    Of course, by doing so I broke the series since even if the remaining ones do pass, they will not appear next to the others and I apologize for it.
  1.  permalink
    Thanks guys for the answers !

And please don't apologize for the rejections, I know that my "tongues" serie (my first and last serie ever, in fact it cames to me very naturally, two films in a row with magnificient oral appendixes that pushed me to collect other ones) was not great moments of cinema, even great shots.
    But I was not knowing the "rejection without a cause" case, even not the "go back on the queue, you poor orphan insignificant shot" that gives a second (and a third, and a forth...) life to an unloved upload.

I know now it wasn't a plot of the secret services of My (short) President, I will sleep well, at least !
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    if you did not get an email the shot is still in the queue
    you will always get an email when it leaves the queue, no matter if it's approved or disapproved
  2.  permalink
    The system is well done, so ! Thanks, tliff !
  3.  permalink
    Yeah, they have reappeared (3/5, a majority) !! And in the order, to keep the true deep sense of the serie (to see it --->http://whatthemovie.com/beta/movies/view/14785) !!
    Thank you W-T-Men, you're superheroes !