Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2010
    time travelers wife and it was good.
    time travel rocks.
  1.  permalink
    The Time Traveler's Wife was a great surprise for me I loved it :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2010
    Rachel McAdams is a bit too lucky lately when it comes to partners on screen :)
    But the movie was very sweet, not nearly as good as other romances with sci-fi in them, but very good nontheless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    i just watched jarhead. I kinda liked it. Gets me in the same mood as All quit on the western front.
    • CommentAuthorRenko
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010
    Cop Out,
    it was more fun than expected after reading some bad reviews ("all your base are belong to us" lol), but nothing special at all
  2.  permalink
    Finally saw The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. Loved it, especially the final scenes on the graveyard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010
    Since I missed the opportunity to watch Avatar in cinema, I watched it now for the first time on Blu-Ray.
    I have to say, I didn't expect much more then a tech demo, but the movie is really good even if the story is nothing special.

Also the Blu-Ray is simply brilliant! I would say it is the best produced Blu-Ray in my little collection of about 30 BRs
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010
    I saw Chloe last night.
    Great cast, very nice music, but the script wasn't good enough. I'm not sure how to rate it, 67/100 perhaps.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010
    Gone in sixty seconds. It was ok. I had to laugh when I saw Angelina with blond dreadlocks :-)
  3.  permalink
    Baise-Moi. A really harsh, dark movie
    Monsters vs. Aliens. A lot less dark and some great references to other Sci-Fi classics.
  4.  permalink
    Transformers. Just plain action
  5.  permalink
    The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Visually great, great performances, but i got to say i was expecting more. Nevertheless, worth a watch... let's say 7/10
    • CommentAuthorSebassie1
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010
    Saw Green Zone in the cinema.. good movie, raw, as it supposed to be!
  6.  permalink
    Death Race. Loosly based on Death Race 2000
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010
    Or on the Condemned, and The Tournament is also the same plot, but with a different setting:)
    Nice movies though, especially like Jason Statham in Death Race. Actually like Jason Statham in almost every movie
  7.  permalink
    Saw "The Box" yesterday, after a promising start it was a bit of a letdown. Diaz and Marsden seemed a bit out of place in their roles. Shame on a interesting premise.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010
    The Road. What a dark dark movie...
  8.  permalink
    Another Jason Statham movie: Chaos. No much Chaos in the plot though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010 edited
    A Single Man.

After 6 months (!) of anticipation and frantic listening to the beautiful ost I finally get to see that. This film has just entered my top 20. Such a stunning cinematography, beautiful story and powerful acting. 95/100. Nearly perfect movie, the kind of that makes you appreciate life, last time I had that feeling was when I saw 'The Hours' for the first time. Amazing movie.
  9.  permalink
    Ilha das Flores (Isle of the Flowers), Brazillian short film from the 80's, funny, ironic and moving. (You can find it at the "short movies" topic)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2010
    Iron Man 2.

86/100. I'm seeing it again tomorrow, it's better than original movie. The review is already on the site ^^
  10.  permalink
    A guide to recognizing your saints.
    Robert downey jr. rocks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010
    I second that, although I found 'A guide...' to be a bit pointless:D
    • CommentAuthorVierasTalo
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010 edited
    Kick-Ass - 4½/10
    This is so schizophrenic. There's this certain point in any movie that poses as a parody at which if the filmmakers don't change up the act or end the film the jokes will become tedious and non-existant and I will as a viewer start viewing the movie more as the product that it tries to mock rather than as a parody all the way to the end. Kick-Ass goes over that line wearing a jetpack and never turns back, continuing onwards in a linear straight line, never checking the fuel meter to see that the fuel has ran out several miles ago. Everything starts of well enough, portraying the same type of restrained storytelling as is present in the comic. But then by the end we literally get the aforementioned jetpack and other things equally outrageous. What happened here? My guess is that quite frankly you can not film the comic as it is. You need to cut and change things. However in doing so, you should aim to keep not only the parodic tone, but the more subtle moments in the story. Now everything that wasn't parody, action or generally hilarious, has been cut out. Kick-Ass feels more like a series of scenes made out of "teh awesum", and without this good red line (in the comic the character of Kick-Ass himself) keeping it all together, everything just falls apart like an IKEA chair without nuts and bolts.
    • CommentAuthorRenko
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2010 edited
    cinema visits last week
    kick ass:
    pure fun, at the moment i can't imagine a better movie to watch with (nerd ;) )friends

a single man:
    incredible beautiful pictures, a great colin firth, i like the storytelling and even julianne moore doesn't annoy me in this movie - great, great work!
    • CommentAuthorMaria555
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2010
    Chloe, I thought the script wasnt so good but Julianne Moore is perfect as always.
    Last Days, I got bored after 10 minutes but I still watched it until the end and I dont know how come I am still alive.
    Whip it, and this was pretty great.
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010 edited
    Alice in Wonderland 3D:)

Quite nice and 3D was nice too, liked the 3D on Avatar more though, in AiW only the part when Alice fell down the rabbithole was impressive in 3D

edit: saw a lot of very nice shots
  11.  permalink
    fifty dead men walking

It's ok. The movie is not that spectaculair, but the story is awesome.
    Story: 9/10
    Movie: 7/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorAralis
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010
    The Graduate.
    I haven't seen it before so I did, and it is quite nice. Dustin Hoffman is great and kind of mysterious.
    3/4
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    The Graduate is a perfect movie, one of my all time favorites :D! Love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAralis
    I think if I watched it 10 or 15 years ago I would have loved it too, but now it's kind of old :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    I watched if for the first time 2 years ago, and liked it (I'm not that old :D!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAralis
    I know but lately, I'm kind of addicted to CGI :p
    Maybe it's wrong :(
  12.  permalink
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Captivity. Some nice entertaining horror without many pretention. Just fun watching. Captivity was aiming a bit too much at the Saw franchise, but who cares.
  13.  permalink
    @ Erik Meijers
    good movies. Especially captivity with the book. Have to see that movie again.
  14.  permalink
    The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas and Cat Ballou.

TBLWIT has made it into my list of favourites, Cat Ballou was good fun, but nothing really special.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010
    Kick-Ass, 1/10

This gotta be one of the worst films I've ever seen. I haven't laughed once. It was just creepy - somebody actually laughed when grown man was kicking little, crying girl and the father was shooting his own kid? Sick movie. Completely not funny and overrated, why oh why is Mark Strong there and why was John Murphy's sublime music for "Sunshine" used in this shit? :/
  15.  permalink
    The road..
    liked it. not a typical post apocalyptic movie. superb performance by viggo
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010
    Legion

piece of angel crap

Daybreakers

oke vampire movie
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010
    got the chance to watch a few movies on the plane which I would not pay to see in the theatre:
    jeez what a crap....I mean, dodging 1 ball of fire is OK, but this is ridiculous.

Sherlock Holmes
    Entertaining enough.....

Why would anybody go to so much trouble to create a new world and spend so much money on CGI, and then forget to write a good story is beyond me.....
  16.  permalink
    @pspan: totally agree on Avatar. Lousy story spiced up with some 3D-effects

Saw: Lucía y el sexo. Nice circular movie with a hole in it..
  17.  permalink
    El secreto de sus ojos http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1305806/ http://whatthemovie.com/movie/el_secreto_de_sus_ojos
    A great movie, classic in many points and innovating in the narration. Great acting performances. And an incredible 5 min. sequence shot in a soccer stadium !
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2010
    I watched American Psycho, was quite good.
    and saw Iron man 2 in theatre this week. also nice, gave me some good thrills
  18.  permalink
    Saw Iron Man 2 last night, loved it dearly. I'm a Marvel geek though, so seeing two small details (the Avenger weapons they hid in there, you know what I'm talking about if you've seen them) was enough for me to go nuts for the rest of the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2010
    I saw "Futurama: The beast with a billion backs". Good to see some futurama again, but like the series much more. I'm looking forward to the 6th season :D! 5/10 stars :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010
    just finished Platoon. Wow, great movie. really liked the whole going insane theme.
    • CommentAuthorRenko
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010 edited
    Once
    ... wow!! Can't believe i missed this movie so long :D /favorite
    • CommentAuthorMallemout
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2010
    Avatar blu-ray version. Haven't seen it in theatre but like holynoise said on the 24th of april, nice movie, story like pocahontas but it all looks very very nice.
  19.  permalink
    Saw some dvd's last week:
    Book of Blood
    Knowing
    Zathura: a space movie
    Superhero movie
    Ice Age 3: Dawn of the dinosaurs

And now of for some more
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2010
    I saw Futurama: Bender’s Game, it has some good spoofs and is funny sometimes, but not really good as the series...