Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    shutter island

the ending was predictable
    but still a great movie
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010
    Kick-Ass

I readt the comic
    and I think they did the comic justice

Sati would disagree if you readt her review :)
    but I think it was an entertaining movie
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Videodrome... What a weird and complicated movie. Don't know what to think about it...
  1.  permalink
    Some more dvd's:
    Shiri
    Chocolat (cool!)
    In the name of the King (so, so)
    Thru the Moebius strip (nice graphics, standard story)
    The Grudge 3 (not really scary)
    Unknown (nothing special)
    Public Enemies (doable)
    Dark Crystal (love those puppets!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010 edited
    Daybreakers - 30/100 - the beginning was really awesome and the premise was great but then, after 20 minutes the movie descented into shit. Very bad film, first 20 minutes were solid 8/10 and the rest was just awful.
    30 Days of Night - 60/100 - Saw it after Daybreakers to sorta cover up bad impression the movie gave me about vampire movies nowadays. It was ok, but not as scary as the first time I saw it - the atmopshere is awesome, but they could have done so much better with that idea
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    just watched lucky number slevin. Quite nice actually
    • CommentAuthorfabster
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010
    Just saw "Repo Men" at the Sneak Preview. During the last 5 weeks they screened "The Back-up Plan", "The Other Man", "All About Steve" and "The Young Victoria" (last week's "Snowman's Land" was actually quite decent, though), so it was nice to watch an entertaining movie for a change. I thought the acting was top-notch for an action movie and I also really liked the score. I was a bit surprised about the violence and gore, considering that the movie was rated "16" in Germany. The ending blew me away, by the way. A good 7/10 overall.
  2.  permalink
    Shallow Grave from Danny Boyle. Liked it a lot, 8/10.
  3.  permalink
    And some more DVD's:
    The Golden Compass (nice visuals)
    Hancock (love the concept of the drunk superhero, nice movie)
    Spiderwick Chronicles (cliché)
    Boondock Saints (religion is cruel)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010 edited
    The Wolfman, 40/100 - Oh it was bad, very bad. The gothic feel to the movie, costumes, cienmatography, locations and Emily Blunt - awesome. Transformation scenes - quite good. But eveyrything else was awful - the way the Wolfman looked...it was ridiculous, cheap and tacky. I don't know maybe it was supposed to be an hommage of some sort for the old version, but it was amusing instead of scary. The actors at least tried, though except for Anthony Hopkins who has one good scene in the entire movie :( But there will be tons of snapshots from this film, visuals are awesome, especially dream sequence.
    • CommentAuthorLStrike
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010
    Last Monday I saw "Splice" at the Sneak Preview (Streits Hamburg). I think this movie is crap. At the beginnig it was very interessting but it turned into something crazy which I don't understand. One week earlier they screened "Repo Men". Great one.
  4.  permalink
    Watched Clash of the Titans last night. I had a good amount of fun, the first sequence of images in 3D was breathtaking, the visuals on the movie were great, but some things really bugged me - the hero wannabe thing, with all the humility and effect sentences, the pausing in the speech to make it seem more powerful, the guy twirling the spear instead of just stacking it in the stomach of the enemy, all those hollywoodian things meant for teenage public, that done in the right way would make such a big difference in the movie >.< since, oh Lord, there were so many beautiful things in it. But I laughed a lot for many reasons, liked the movie overall. Nice fun. And will probably buy it when released anyways =) there's a lot of details I might have missed. I guess.
    Well, lots of snaps coming out of it, I'm very very sure about that ;)
    • CommentAuthormarinaraujo
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010 edited
    Troy (8.5/10)
    The Jungle Book (10/10! < Rating given by my 4 - 8 aged self XD It's still one of my favourite Disney animations ever.)

Edit: Just finished The Neverending Story. Pretty cool.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    Robin Hood. Really great movie!
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    Just finished Raising Arizona.You must love the Coens, especially their supreme writing. Great fun this one!!!!
    • CommentAuthormarinaraujo
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010 edited
    Alexander (wtf was that, Colin Farrel with yellow hair? The second dvd was kinda boring imo, and I was expecting a bit more from the story of one of the world's greatest generals).
    Where the Wild Things Are (so lovely! I may confess I cried a little at the ending :3).
  5.  permalink
    Today I watched A Bug's Life with my little brother and now I've just finished Byôsoku 5 Senchimetôru (aka 5cm per Second). What a beautiful film! Astonishing views, lovely story, envolving soundtrack... an easy 11/10
  6.  permalink
    I watched this. Better than Jurassic Park.
    • CommentAuthorTalie
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    Last tango in Paris.
    Film tragic, sad, causing pain, and yet with something beautiful and seductive. 8/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    @Talie : "causing pain"

The butter made sure it wasnt /that/ painful.
  7.  permalink
    Nowhere Boy ! Good movie for Beatles fans... Can't believe Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass) was actually convincing. By the way he is now engaged with Sam Taylor Wood (the director of Nowhere Boy who is 43 whereas he is 20 !)
  8.  permalink
    Watched this thing I don't know why.
  9.  permalink
    Saw some more dvd's since last update:

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (original BBC television series)
    White noise 2 (the first one in a series is always the best!)
    (500) Days of Summer (great fun!)
    Topaz (something different from Hitchcock)
    The taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (not as bad as I expected)
    10,000 BC (Some nice visuals, but nothing special I think)
    Red Cliff (great visuals, mediocre movie)
    Iron Man (just love movies adapted from comics)
    The Horsemen (dissapointing movie)
    Underworld - Rise of the Lycans (not very confincing)
    • CommentAuthorTalie
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    @Them00ch, painful was watching Godfather so depressed in some scenes. And the butter ? Not for me, thank you ;)
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    I just saw "Enter the void", and yes that was really weird, incoherent and exhausting, but totally stunning and finally no doubt this is a great movie! VIVE LE CINEMA!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    :)
    I can't wait
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    Saw Four Rooms yesterday for the first time. It's so funny and Tim Roth was absolutely perfect!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010 edited
    @Chrisy: just an advice: if you wanna see "Enter the void"don't choose a seat near the door if you don't want to be disturbed by all the people leaving during the movie :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    @Shayah, yes I know, I have heard. Noe has always been misunderstood anyway... and with this one even more and to be honnest I can understand why: this isn't for the average audience, another level I think but that isn't necessarelly a bad thing :) I'm sure it will get its moment of glory, in many years time lol. I heard Jan kounen talking about the movie in an interview (should try to find it again) he was saying that this will become a cult movie, and will be discovered years by years by many generation to come and will remain like one of the most amazing cinema experience of all time. But it is just a shame that these people will only discover it on dvd because imo this is something to "live" on big screen (and with a bit of an open mind). I know I haven't seen the movie so maybe I will be desapointed, although I seriously doubt it :) (I really should stop reading about this movie ^^). Long live Gaspar Noe!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    I saw both El secreto de sus ojos in the cinema and Glengarry Glen Ross at home yesterday and they were both very good, I especially liked Glengarry Glen Ross. Normally I'm not saying what I have been seeing at home because of new shots, but I will not upload shots from Glengarry Glen Ross :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    Sex and the city 2.
    It was awful :/
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I saw Sex and the City 2 too, today. It was not that bad, what can you expect ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    i just saw 2012. what can i say, it all looked good, some nice images in there. But the story absolutely sucks.
    The whole world is up in flames, the entire north american continent is destroyed, yet people can still call you on your cellphone.
    Also, i've kinda had it with kids in movies only shouting "daddy, daddy" (or mommy, mommy for that matter).
  10.  permalink
    Nora-neko rokku: Sekkusu hanta
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010
    okidoki!
    • CommentAuthorLewynn
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010 edited
    "Youth in revolt". BIG disappointment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    saw percy jacksons and meet the robinsons. Percy was entertaining, but mediocre. Meet the robinsons i really liked
  11.  permalink
    Nora inu
  12.  permalink
    Yojimbo
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    saw the assignment yesterday, meh
    • CommentAuthorRenko
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    I totally missed Wes Anderson (shame on me ;)),
    so the last two movies i watched are The Darjeeling Limited and The Royal Tenenbaums.
    And i think both are great! Now i can't wait to see more of his movies ;)
  13.  permalink
    Ok, update time:

The Hamiltons (weak horror)
    Mirrormask (strange, but visual beautiful Henson movie)
    Sunshine (reasonable SF)
    2012 (weak story, totally over the top)
    Ice Age (Shrek (Manfred) and Donkey (Sid) on ice)
    Within the cave (Boring and visual dull horror with some very annoying soundeffects)
    Halloween (still a classic!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    watched 9, moon and the spirit yesterday. the spirit sucked, but 9 is really great.
    Sam Rockwell is great in Moon too
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    I saw Ice Age 3 to take my mind off exams and I only had 90 minutes of free time so it seemed like a good choice, other one being 24 and once I start watching I have to see entire season :d
    the movie is entertaining and fun, the scrat and scratte scenes are adorable and there are few insanely funny moments, especially when the dinosaur appears for the first time :) but it was a bit boring, maybe I'm too old for this kind of movies :)
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I saw the Ministers yesterday. What a waste of time. Really horrible.
  14.  permalink
    Why oh why did I watch this?

•  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010
    @Palahniuk007: I think I will commit suicide twice if I saw that movie, just the poster makes me almost vomit, that is more disgusting than everything in the gore contest! Real gore!
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I just saw Ondine. Great movie.
  15.  permalink
    @Razzomega
    Wait! Don't commit something irreversible until you watch this one.

This is pure genius.
    And I've seen them all.
    Trust me.
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    THis is the #1 from the IMDB bottom 100 isnt it?