Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010
    @Palahniuk: I don't believe you Palahniuk! You are my new god if you have seen them both, that is fantastic! How come you survived?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010
    I had evening with Twilight stars:D
    Remember me 60/100 - with Robert Pattinson, who was actually quite good, lovely Emilie de Ravin (Claire from Lost) and Chris Cooper, Pierce Brosman and Lena Olin. The movie is very heartwarming and it has incredibly shocking twist. All in all, it wasn't exceptional, but I'd recommend it - good drama.
    The Runaways 80/100 - with Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning as Joan Jett and Cherie Currie. The review is already on WTM:)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPalahniuk007
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010 edited
    @rulo
    OhGodNo! This is the #1 from Palahniuk's 100!
    @Razzomega
    I'm a survivor. Yesterday I saw much better for the second time.
    I... watch... this.

I discovered this jewel in 1998 Cannes fest.
    They wanted me to seat through a Theo Angelopoulos flick but I wanted emotions.
    This movie is a must-see!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Watched latelly
    "Nothing" from Vincenzo Natali - mouha, some good and interesting ideas but way too stupid, didn't make me laugh :(
    "Away we go" from Sam Mendes - sweet but overall desapointing (got bored)
    "Kitchen Stories" from Bent Hamer - really great! Loved it
    "Memories of Matsuko" from Tetsuya Nakashima - Japanese cinema never stops to amaze me, this movie is wonderful! Creative, funny, sweet, cruel, sad and visually it is a non stop party :)
    "Sombre" from Philippe Grandrieux - loved the atmosphere of this movie, although it is a bit slow, starts to really be interesting in the middle in my opinion. Intense and dark with a very very good sound track. Will watch more from this director for sure :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010
    @Palahniuk: I'm much more into movies of Béla Tarr and Stan Brakhage, they make some of the most action-packed movies evah!
  1.  permalink
    @Razzomega
    And I thought I was the only weird guy around here...
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    @Razzomega, Béla Tarr, I have been trying to motivate my self to watch Sátántangó for years. I started it, twice, I know it is probably very good but it is so slow and 450mns long, you need a lot of courage to watch this lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010
    @Chrisy: I just mentioned those two names, because I know it is some of the big boys who makes some really hard movies to watch. Yeah you should need a lot of courage to watch Satans Tango, I have only seen some takes from that movie and wow it's slow. But I think "Sleep" by Andy Warhol is harder to watch.. 321 minutes where you are see a man sleeping :P!
    The only Béla Tarr movie I have seen is Werckmeister Harmonies, which only takes 145 minutes and that is more manageable.
  2.  permalink
    Just watched Frida. As great as I expected, and Salma is awesome on it :)
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010
    date night

there are very few comedy's at this moment
    but this one was very entertaining
    especially the improvising talents of Steve Carell and Tina Fey
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010
    recently watched
    how to train your dragon, great muvie
    shutter island, also great
    2001 etc. not my kind of movie. Took way to long.
    • CommentAuthorTalie
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010
    Frost/Nixon - great, brilliant, just amazing movie
    Jasminum (again...) - Polish story of scents, magic, love (lost and found), ducks and Fellini (monks also love movies). One of beloved, never get bored
    Unborn - what the hell in that thing was doing Gary ?? wasted time...
    • CommentAuthorPPKNHoneyB
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010
    The last one was Prince of Persia..and..well..it's "watchable" but far from being good.What works very well on games not necessarily works on the big screen.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited
    Ink
    Mouha, too much hype kills the hype
    Didn't feel for this one, not one minute of it, I actually refrained my self from stopping it before the end. Ok it is a low budget indie, so I can give it credits for this but didn't find it original, not original at all! It had deja vu written all over it : in the story, the vibe, the technics... everything. And the slayer story or sort of, I felt I was watching a mix of buffy the vampire with the Matrix and City of Angels (and I dont say this in a good way) . Trying wayyyy too hard to be hype but miserably failed. Sorry for the people who I read here and there were blown away by this film, I do not understand it and will try to forget it very fast ;)

Oh, also watched The Human Centipede(first sequence)
    Dutch horror: yeahhh!
    Well no, it sucks! But at least it made me laught :) A killer who's speciality is to connect is alive victims via their digestive systems, how can that not be funny lol
  3.  permalink
    Thanks to the world cup I didn't see much. Except for these:

A chinese ghost story 3 (funny in an amateuristic way)
    State of play (what can I say...)
    G.I. Joe: The rise of the Cobra (Lot of action, and nothing more to say)
    The Weatherman (I like the throwing of fast foor, in a way)

'Say' and 'way' seem to sum it all up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    I saw Town Creek from Joel Schumacher last week, dreading the end of "The Tudors" and looking for other ways to see Henry Cavill. The movie was absolutely awful even worse than Schumacher's last - "number 23" and what is most astonishing is the fact Michael Fassbender, the same one from Inglourious Basteds and The Hunger was in this, not only he was there - he was undead nazi researcher. The only pros of the film were his performance, the prologue and mr Cavill shirtless. I think even fans of gore wouldn't enjoy the film, but I might be wrong
    • CommentAuthorTalie
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010
    Children of Leningradsky. Shocking documentary about children living in the Moscow railway station. What the hell we adults create for those children...
    Mermaids. Sweet and bitter about life. A nice story from 60 years of universal issues. Famous songs from those years still sounds great.
    Rebecca. Black and white films are full of the charm, impressing despite the passage of time. Great.
    • CommentAuthormarinaraujo
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010 edited
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
    Interesting and entretaining film, but sometimes a bit boring imho. 7/10

Kumo no Mukô, Yakusoku no Basho (Beyond the Clouds - The Promised Place in our Early Days).
    Another great work of Makoto Shinkai's (yeah I guess I should have watched it before Byôsoku 5cm, but I couldn't). The story isn't as sweet as Byôsoku's, but the visuals are as awesome as. 9/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010
    I saw Mr Nobody with Jared Leto, very good movie, but the ending was disappointing. Insanely complex film, I'm writing the review but it's hard to write about ti and not forget all the important things :) It's like Amelie, mixed with Butterlfly Effect and Benjamin Button, I'd give it 90/100:)
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    District 9 and it was really great, i know some people dont like it, dont understand why. think its one of the best sci-fi movies of the last decade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited
    I didn’t miss the opportunity to watch ENTER THE VOID while being in Paris,
    and what can I say: It was a unique experience.

I brought 4 friends (who had never heard of Gaspar Noé) along for the ride and they were as confused as I was.

Some thoughts:
    > It is really long
    > It is really hard to watch, hard to stay focused (mostly because of Noé’s crazy camera movements,
    which he repeats over, and over, and over, and over ...)
    > It has some "never seen before" scenes which were awesome

In the end I still prefer Irreversiblé over ETV, it kind of deals with same overall plot,
    but has a more dense story.

And I don’t know if it was me, or the cinema, or Noé, but the whole film was rather blurry,
    especially the 3d sequences.
  4.  permalink
    Just watched The Runaways, with Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart. Sort of predictable script, but a great film anyway. 8.5/10
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010
    French movies ...and very good movies !
    "L'illusionniste" , and "Tournée" . They are both different BUT they are both masterpieces ;
    French are not dead !
  5.  permalink
    I agree with you sati I really loved Mr Nobody !! Awesome directing, great soundtrack !!
    • CommentAuthorYasmiin
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2010
    Hey guys! Iv just finished "the boy in striped pyjamas"... and Im still crying my eyes out !
    God its just a horribly beautiful movie !
  6.  permalink
    This weekend I watched Candy (for the 4th time I guess), Sin City and The Godfather.
  7.  permalink
    Last movie ... Demolition Man aha
  8.  permalink
    The Golden Compass. Brr what a boring ending. 6/10
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    Trainspotting ...it's very difficult for a french girl to understand that "scottish langage"! unusuals words and expressions are employed with a terrible accent !
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010 edited
    I was at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival this weekend and watched

Tetsuo: The Bullet Man aka Tetsuo 3
    The story wasn't convincing until the end, but the pictures were just breathtaking. Especially together with the great soundtrack and sound effects.

Enter the Void
    I second naut, it is a unique experience. The movie is too long and the ending is foreseeable quite too early. But what a great film. Since I was on a waiting list (yes, the movie was sold out and only about 6 people left the theatre during the movie) I had to sit in the first row. I almost got seasick during some scenes. Awesome cinematography and no noticeable cuts. That's a movie you'll have to see in cinema, it will lose much of its power on an ordinary tv set. I must say the trip to Neuchâtel definitely was worth it.
  9.  permalink
    After Demolition Man ... I have watched Total Recall :p
    What other films you advise me of the style (action & sci fi)?
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    @Kopainkopine

chronicles of riddick
    pitch black
    avp
  10.  permalink
    The A-Team. Twice. It was much better than I had anticipated. Nice all-round action movie.
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010
    Shrek Forever After 2D, because the airco broke down and it was like 32 degrees centrigrade in the 3D room.
    Nice movie though some funny moments and funny characters:)
  11.  permalink
    Prince of Persia: I'm a very big fan of the games, and I noticed they try to stay as true to the games as possible. And I have to say that it worked. Enjoyed the movie very much.
    Fido: Man that movie was awesome! Billy Connely as a housetrained zombie, I reccomend it!
    Shrek forever after: neh, not so funny. Only puss in boots was worth watching it
    Toy story 3: Watched it in 2D (as I do with every movie, I don't like 3D, sorry) It was enjoyable, not the best out of the 3.
  12.  permalink
    @LordMyst: I've already watched them excepted the chronicles of riddick. I'll watch it, thanks :)

Today I've watched Braindead. It was great. I've laughed a lot! I recommended it!
  13.  permalink
    Watched Dragonball Evolution yesterday.
    Lame!
    • CommentAuthorSeut
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010
    Sex Drive

Pretty hilarious after a boring start (first 20 mins)
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    I've seen many in last two weeks:
    The Reader, The Pianist, Oldboy, Babel, Chumscrubber, James and the Giant Peach, How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, Salton Sea, The Rebound, Wall-E, Resident Evil - Extinction, New Moon, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Robin Hood. I am pretty satisfied with most of them :D
  14.  permalink
    Just rewatched A Clockwork Orange and Inglorious Basterds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    I saw The Ghost Writer.
    It had gigantic plot holes, but if you just focused on watching it, it was pretty great and given that I dislike Polanski and would love to see him in jail I was hopinh I'm gonna hate the movie, but unfortunetly it turned out to be very good, I'd give it 78/100 the review should be up in few hours :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010
    ok the reviews will be up tomorrow, it's 2am here and I still have to finish season 4 of "How I met your mother" :D
    I've just seen After.Life and although it got crashing reviews I'd give it 70/100. The premise was great, the movie has some fantastic surreal images, Ricci looks stunning and Liam Neeson plays very interesting character and steals the movie:D
    • CommentAuthorfinker
    anyone seen INCEPTION? WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW... once it's out on DVD it's going to generate gorgeous moviestills, but people, place this movie on top of your priority list. IT IS AMAZING. this is the first 10/10 I have given on IMDB, ever.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I'm gonna see it tomorrow. I have high expectations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    it premieres here in 9 days but those bastards on tv keep playing tv spot omg I cannot wait :(
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    I'm going to the premieres tomorrow at about 2030 hr:) Can't wait to see it!
  15.  permalink
    I gave it a 10/10 too !!
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    and why the heck is germany so damn behind. starts on 29th here :(
    • CommentAuthorfinker
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2010
    you should avoid watching the trailers or reading any reviews until you've seen the movie.
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2010 edited
    Inception, I won't spoil anything, just go and watch it!
    This was the first time the whole cinema was filled! Awesome movie 11/10:)

Edit: some people even felt the irresistible need to clap when te movie was over:) A little to much imho, what;s the point of clapping after a movie:D