Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoramandine
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008
    I think it would be great to be able to access a movie picture by entering it's number.
    Sometimes there are pictures I can't solve and it's driving me crazy (well, almost) I'ld like to be able to go check on the solution when it becomes accessible, and finding the movie back with just the first, previous, next, last, ect arrows is way to long (and is gonna be even more complicated as there is more and more pictures).
    (Sorry for the not very good english of the message, hope you'll catch my point anyway.)
    • CommentAuthoramandine
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008 edited
    Or maybe add a button that gives direct access to pictures where the features "show solution" just became accessible...
    • CommentAuthorjoma
    Well, if you look at your address bar it look something like this: "http://whatthemovie.com/beta/movies/view/2996"
    so the number of the picture is 2996. just write down this number of the film you want to remember and enter it when the 14 days are over...
    (btw: not all numbers work. i think this is because of the rejected movies. so if you want to go somewhere in the middle and you get an error just enter the next number instead...)
    hope you can follow my rather confused sentences ;)

edit: I like the second idea about a "14 days just over" button^^
    • CommentAuthoramandine
    Thank you for the tip joma!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    I think it would be awesome if I could mark specific shots with something like "I'm sure I know this movie, but I don't remember the name, damnit!", so if I wake up one morning and suddenly remember it, I just need to check my marked shots in the overview and find it much faster. That would be much better than writing the numbers on a piece of paper.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    actually i had exactly the same idea last night, put on todo
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008
    Great idea with the marking feature, glad you're planning on implementing this. :)
    • CommentAuthorlmbc2
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2008
    I have a firefox bookmark with a keyword that lets me input the keyword followed by a space, followed by the movie number. For example, I just type "wtm 3275" (minus the quotes) into the address bar and I get to movie number 3275. It saves a lot of time, especially when my wife sends me a bunch of movie numbers to lookup.

Here is my bookmark http://whatthemovie.com/beta/movies/view/%s. Just add a keyword and away you go.