Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorChogori
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorZanapher
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009
    It does now... But there's no reason why it should be required in this case.
    • CommentAuthorChogori
    Sorry, but if there's an English flag showing below it, indicating the English title is accepted, and then doesn't work, I thought I'd report it. It won't happen again. :/
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    in wtm2 you are able to specify the language of the original title..
    problem solved
    •  
      CommentAuthorZanapher
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2009
    Yeah, at the moment the english flag is the default and appears for all movies, even when there is no specific english title.
    This has confused many people already...

However, indicating the language of the original movie might be a huge hint in some cases...
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2009 edited
    We'll have to force our users to specify alt-titles, if the original title is not English.
    That, combined with the new queuing system + alt-titles for movies and nor for snapshots should limit the amount of spoilers.

btw: development ran smoothly this weekend. A working beta in two weeks is realistic.
    • CommentAuthorTheRizz
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009
    If this is a problem a lot of the time, maybe you should see if there's a way to poll the IMDB link to get the title and alt titles automatically? That would take it out of the uploaders' hands entirely, and cut down on misspellings / etc. greatly.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009
    we cant poll imdb for legal reasons.
    this problem will be solved in wtm2 anyways
    •  
      CommentAuthorZanapher
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009
    You know, I'm really not sure you can't automatically process data from the imdb.
    After all, they give the whole database as text files for local use, so it would be almost the same thing as downloading the text data and process it on your server (the only problem is that the text files don't use the imdb title ids so this can't be used as a unique identifier). But I really think that automatically processing a page isn't forbidden.