Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorconnectiv
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009
    ... solved a shot because you recognized it from reading the book rather than having seen the movie?

I saw shots from "1984" and "For whom the bell tolls", which I both haven't seen, and I was happy to be able to solve them from knowing the books ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorFifty
    Not really like you but I heard some friends alking about several movie and when I saw some shots on WTM I think "that could be that one" and it often works
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    I solved 'Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny' because I saw the Kickapoo music video :p But I don't read books normally, so I don't think I'll ever solve a still that way :D
    • CommentAuthorDiedEnFreek
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009 edited
    What's a "book"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    I already have a book
    • CommentAuthorpoly
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    I solved some shots of Immortel (ad vitam) only by knowing the comic it is based on (la trilogie nikopol). I think it helped that the director of the movie actually was the author of the comic (Enki Bilal).
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    Nope, I don't think I have solved any shot by knowing the book.
    But I solved one shot by knowing a Simpsons-Episode which featured a key element of the still ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    Simpson's "Cape Fear" rocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorconnectiv
    Haha, holynoise, I had that once too! It was the snapshot of the Golem, I recognized it from one of the "treehouse of horror" Simpsons episodes :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    lol, it happened to me with same still :-D