Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009
    Dear Creators,

I think you should definitively add a beautiful reward for people who never submitted a movie starring Johnny Depp, it would be the most difficult to obtain! ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    It would be a shame seeing as Johnny Depp's a real eye-candy though ;-) ... although he seems to be a little over-represented lately.

[But I'm still able to vote low on shots that don't show more than some incredibly handsome body parts.]
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Great idea, that will give me one extra memorabilia!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    I thought this thread was going to be suggesting icons for the Memorabilia box . . .

. . so I am going to do that anyway . . lol

How about:
    The "Book of the Dead" from Army of Darkness (for anyone with over 1000 archive solves)
    The map from Time Bandits (for anyone with over 500 archive solves)
    • CommentAuthorbap2008
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    How about:
    "The Suitcase" from Pulp Fiction for 10.000 FF solves
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    Or the Lament Configuration (buzzle box) from Hellraiser. That should be reserved for something special though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    Those are both great ideas . . .

how about the Power Loader from Aliens (for anyone that has uploaded 1,000 screen shots)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSara
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009
    What about a Wanderpokal = challenge cup? It would go to the user who uploaded the highest-rated shot - of course, in the beginning, chances are high that it goes to a recent still, but after a while, when people start to browse the archives again (at least as far as I'm concerned) and rate the snapshots there, we should be able to choose the most awesome picture. And once there's an unbeatable snapshot with a 100 % score of 10 the uploader might be honoured by keeping the cup for good and the fun could start again with another cup.
    :-)
  1.  permalink
    what about a Memorabilia for like 10 stills that were deleted before makin it to the feature films? i think i would earn that one in no time...^^"
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009
    I'm not sure if you mean submitting stills that don't make it, or solving stills that don't make it, but either way, I think we need symbols of futility. How about the Red Swingline Stapler from Office Space, the Dude's car from The Big Lebowski, Rosebud from Citizen Kane, and the remains of the statue of liberty from Planet of the Apes.
    • CommentAuthorDiedEnFreek
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009 edited

only for the first one that solves 100% in the new submissions.

for repeatedly uploading stills with wrong aspect ratio and black bars ;)
  2.  permalink
    is the last one from any specific movie?
    i want that one!:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    grindhouse I think. FIlm broke at just the wrong moment......
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    We could also have memorabilia for having solved 25%, 50% and 75% of the feature films for a month.
    • CommentAuthorizeq
    Maybe soap from Fight Club, umbrella from Singin' in the rain, top hat from Top Hat, salmon mousse from Monty Python's Meaning of Life, Frank's high heels from Rocky Horror Picture Show, big globe from Great Dictator.
    I think there should be some memorabilia not only for solving feature films, but for solving archive movies too. Maybe not to 100 solved movies, but more that 500 or 1000.
    • CommentAuthorFedtTony
    izeq: you have many good ideas, but I don't agree with the memorabilia for solving archive movies. Archive movies should be purely for self-entertainment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFifty
    This one could do a good memorabilia too but I don't know for what ^^
    there should be one memorabilia for the best review
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    These are all great . . .

How about a Speed Racer car for having at least 1 snapshot where you were "first solved by:"
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009 edited
    i like siren34's suggestion, i second his idea
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009
    A new suggestion.
    I'm getting the idea that since WTM 2 the archive is getting a bit underrated. How about a memorablia for 500/1000 archive solves.
    That way, people who still browse the archive now and then (guilty) get some kind of reward.
  3.  permalink
    Love the "Boom Operator" (rank 5) Memorabilia ! See the description : http://whatthemovie.com/user/LePaposaure
    I've never seen it in the shot before !
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    Thanks for all your Memorabilia suggestions guys :) I've already sent the link to this thread to our lead-pixel artist.
    We'll definitly add some of your suggestions.

The problem with any reward for archive solves is that it's too easy to cheat there. Request the solution with a second account and voilĂ 
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Or just visit movie pages and solve the shots you find there, I have 7000 solves now, but cheated on like 2000 lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009
    i didn't think about that one
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009
    @zythux:
    that's a waste of time.....................
  4.  permalink
    I'd like a Memorabilia to be Mulholland Drive's blue key !! That would be awesome :)
    • CommentAuthorCW
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    It will be great if a memorabilia was create for the first place in the HoF...

Because I think i'll not be at this place for a very long time !!
  5.  permalink
    Amen CW lol
    Hey I saw that I have a memorabilia "WROOOM Hypnotoad" and "Robocop Helmet"
    What did I do to earn 'em?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    I would kill to have a Hypnotoad . . . :(

Is that what I have to do ? . . . :)
  6.  permalink
    I'm hardly dreaming of a memorabilia dedicated to first solvers, with a possibility to reach those pictures from the player's profile.
  7.  permalink
    I wouldn't like a memorabilia for first solvers because I don't solve the pictures on New Submission (takes too much time) !
    Boy I hope I'll get something for my 400th upload ! I would be the only one with it and I'll rule WTM WOOOOOORLD MUHAHAHAHA..

Hmmmm.. sorry about that !
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    I've changed my mind - symbols of futility (e.g. red swingline stapler from office space) should be for 100 forum posts. As much as I love this site, and as much as I enjoy talking to discussing the site in the forum, it does seem a futile effort at times (until naut stops bye, then all is good)
    • CommentAuthor5killinja
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    Memorabilia for first solvers are good idea! But right at the moment one of the highest reward is the killerbunny for 3000 FF solves. I have over 6000 FF so we really need memorabilia for 6000 FF and 9000 FF (or even 10000 FF like bap2008 said)

best ideas so far are the book of the dead, the fight club soap and of course the pulp fiction suitcase

For 10000 FF it could be the suitcase or dude's rug cause: That rug really tied the room together!

and instead of the Power Loader from Aliens i would love to see the original Alien Egg

other obvious memorabilia could be:
    - the matrix pills

- the coin, the chest or the compass from pirates of the caribbean

- terminator head or better the brainchip from cyberdyne

- predator helmet or weapon
    - light sabre, r2d2 or darth vader helmet
    - the lord of the ring (but it's too obvious...)
    - i would love seeing something from a leone western but don't know what
    - bubba gump shrimps
    - monolith from 2001
    - bullet from "Seven-six-two millimeter. Full. Metal. Jacket." or better jokers helmet

- spartan helmet
    - kill bill katana
    - plane engine from donnie darko
    - rockys boxing gloves
    • CommentAuthorbap2008
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    @5killinja
    "- i would love seeing something from a leone western but don't know what"

what about the harmonica from "Once Upon a Time in the West"

edit: great suggestions btw
  8.  permalink
    Great suggestions, 5killinja !
    • CommentAuthormiascugh
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    Ok, it's about time that I show a sign of life. Lots and lots of great suggestions here, I added them to my list, and if one of them makes it to the shelf we will of course think of a way to give due credit to whoever suggested it. And feel free to keep the ideas coming :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    Still nothing for first solvers, not even the total :(

Agreed on T2/Book of the Dead/Freddy Memos =)

Weird, no One RIng/Lightsaber suggested so far...^^
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    How about one for the 5 most favouried shot or something like that? i would also love to see wich people favourited my shots! i wanna make friends with them :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009
    With Transformers 2 soon on DVD/BR, not a good idea atm :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    i agree with astrododo that there should be memorablia for nr of forum posts
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    yeah got my holy handgrenade :) :)
    • CommentAuthormiascugh
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    First solve award is being taken care of as we speak. Next priority is the moderator icon, since there's a whole batch now, which is in the works as well.
    I'll discuss the suggestions for new ones with naut and the others. Things such as the top favorite shots would best be dealt with as a statistics/ranking type of deal, though, imo.

And yes, it's become apparent by now that we'll soon need to extend the solver/uploader rewards. But there's a nice pool of ideas to resort to here ;)
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    For Memorabilia i would suggest :

A Magnolia, I think you need a bit of poetry in the shelves. For first solve maybe.
    Tinker Bell, because who doesn't need a fairy with him. For admin it could be interesting.