Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    I am just wondering what this actually does ?

I have clicked a few fellow requests but I don't really know what it means . . and if I am not accepted by any of them, does that mean I smell ? How can they smell me through the computer ? I probably need a stronger firewall . . .

I am on the verge of just requesting every single person that is registered just to see what happens . . . lol . . j/k

I checked the FAQ first but I didn't see anything . . or I looked too quickly and completely missed it . . .
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    is just a extra on WTM 2
    like myspace or Hyves, you can accept or ask friedship to your fellow WTMérs
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009 edited
    You have to go to your profile, then click on 'edit userinfo' and then on 'Movie Fellows' to see if you have any requests. Probably nobody noticed your request yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    Ok . . so it doesn't really effect anything . . . that's cool . . I will keep trying . . :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009
    Ever thought of doing like lastfm
    They have a feature called neighbours http://www.last.fm/user/bengt_bangt/neighbours which to tell you people who have the same taste as you and listen to the same music...
    Maybe would be cool here... if we solve the same movies, we can assume we have the same taste movie wise...

another bad idea ?

Cotp^^
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    It could be interesting I agree if the favorite movies could have such a use in the game !

Not the solves though :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    why castaka, is that because a lot of people havn't seen the movies they solve ? ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    yes, haven't seen, or don't like :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Besides the fact of being friends on the site I tought it could be intersting if some people would write here the features they would like to see as when they add a fellow in WTM.

I thought:
    maybe an online/offline feature with private messaging (let me dream !)
    A monthly get together organized by WTM (please let me dream :) )
    Possibility to see which snaps your friends have solved ?

Ok let your creatity on that one (if that's ok with m00ch :P)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    "Ok let your creatity on that one (if that's ok with m00ch :P) "

Not sure I understand what you mean....
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    Just a private joke m00ch since your the EYE of this forum :) sorry my humour is not that good today :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaylua
    I do not know how many are familiar, but there is this site http://movielens.umn.edu/main (called MovieLens), where you evaluate a number of films and from the evaluation he goes on to suggest titles and even the note that you give to them - and it works! If I'm not mistaken began as an academic study ...

In this site there is a possibility you combine your results with those of a friend and from there he suggests movies you'd like to see together. There I see a great use for "Movie Fellows".

Perhaps our little geniuses of computer science, naut and tliff, (or pink and brain, but do not ask me who is who - IT'S JUST A SMALL JOKE), can look at this site and try to create a partnership or some similar system - like, wtm start recommending shots according to our notes and preferred ... Ok, I flew away, but there is a good example of usefulness of "Movie Fellows" and is the hint of another site about movies ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    Thanks kaylua for that link, now I will know what I can do when I'm not browsing WTM :)
    I rated some of the movies I've seen... result ? I should see more Yasujiro Ozu movies, big brother says I would give Late (and Early) Spring a 4,5 star ;)

Cotp