Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009
    I have a question regarding VLC, so far, I'm taking the shots directly from DVDs but somehow it seems that shots have a darker result than the actual movie. Is it to be expected or is there some type of setting I could change or simply a better program I should use to get the stills?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    I cant help sorry Chrisy, I use VLC as well to take my shots, they always seem to be as I view them. Perhaps its because you might be using a filter in VLC - ie gamma adjustment/brightness etc. to watch the movie, but when you take a screenshot it takes it "pure" with none of the filters applied. Just a guess.

WRT quality, I have found that telling VLC to save as PNG rather than JPG seems to improve things. WTM will accept PNG as well as JPG to upload. Might help with the brightness issue maybe?
    :shrugs:
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    I was having a similar concern . . . thanks for the help . .

I will change mine back to PNG now . . . :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009 edited
    I already save them as PNG so that's not the issue. I also checked I dont think I have any filters on, not sure what can be the issue :-(
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009
    In that case, really not sure sorry Chrisy. I use VLC and dont have the issue you seem to be having. I have the very latest build of VLC, maybe you are running an older version? Otherwise Im out of ideas sorry.

PowerDVD takes good screens as well. But I think thats pay-for software.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009
    I think I have found out the problem. When I open the pictures with Photoshop, they are perfectly fine and exactly as the movies. I was opening the shots with Windows photo galery, and they look all darker with Windows photo galery, not sure if it is a setting thing but anyway, nothing wrong with the shots after all :-)