Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Does anyone have news about biglebowski and dorisnight, two old freaks, huge uploaders, who have disappeared since few months and the new version of the site ?

And what about FamilyGuy, asid, Starvey, Mimimi, HAL9000 ?

Are they coming back one day ? I miss their shots !!
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009 edited
    Yeah I wondered that too

I really don't know, too bad though

Maybe they were sucked in a WTM Parallel World
    • CommentAuthorFedtTony
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009
    Maybe on vacation :)
    • CommentAuthorastrododo
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009
    Good point FedtTony - if they are students they may be off for the summer.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    I don't think they were all students

and more then a month away
    it is a bit strange

like the twilight zone

maybe there are indeed on a holiday, maybe they think WTM is not fun anymore (to easy, damn voting system, to much black bars barbarians :) ) or maybe something happend to them (I don't hope so)

let's wait and see
    maybe they coming back

lets hope because we need some:

B&W pictures from DorisNight
    awesome pictures from the BigLebowski
    mainstream pictures from Hal9000
    ands some really tough pictures from Mimimi

:) :) :) :)
  2.  permalink
    I'm doing my best to upload a lot to compensate the fact that they're gone ^^
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009
    I had a little chat with Mimimi. She's really disappointed with WTM2, that's why she doesn't come anymore.
    Frankly, when I look at today's shots, I can understand it.
  3.  permalink
    @MisterZob : When you talk to Mimimi again, can you tellher that we miss her? I know things are differente here now, but i focus on the new submissions. There are still very nice ones there. When they don't make it, it sucks, but you can still send you appreciation to the poster by a shout.

I'd like to see some more Mimimi shots!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    @DiedEnFreek I agree . . . I have asked many people to let me know what the movie is if it doesn't make it to FF . . . It seems that the New Sub area is where you will see the more obscure shots . . .
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    to bad I liked Mimimi shots

i hope she take it another chance
    because wtm2 is better then it started
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    Anybody got any news on Phoenix? She's been gone for about 2 months now,
    I kinda miss her stills.
  4.  permalink
    anybody knows what happened to hobopok?
    his account was deleted few weeks ago. he was my first movie fellow in the beginning of WTM2.0
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    He submitted an image which was a kind of "f*** you" and then deleted his account. No idea why.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    Does that also mean his still are deleted? or do the stills stay after the user is deleted?
    Just wondering
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    They are still here after the account is deleted:)
    It will just say posted by:deleted user
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010
    today I discovered that pspan deleted his account
    does anyone know why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Yeah I noticed yesterday LM, I asked around in IRC etc.. but no-one seems to know why :(
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I am shocked! We will miss Paul a lot!
  5.  permalink
    We need an explanation !
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2010
    No idea why he left :( nothing to do with us ;)
    • CommentAuthorcaspar
    maybe he just got sick of the game
    • CommentAuthorcaspar
    To be honest I'm going to play untill my payment expires and after that date I think of quitting as well.I think people take this game way to serious and only post snapshots of movie everybody knows and that way get accepted.Millions of easy nightmare before christmas or any other Tim Burton movies, lotr ,harry potter, ice age, alien, etc.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2010 edited
    here we go again.... :)
    Please look at the FF section, there are plenty less known movies which we push through, also shots that are unsolved or very few solves. There is an issue with the way people are rating shots and give ridiculous high ratings to blockbusters that's true but it isn't true that we only see these in the Feature film, by far, lots of less known movies ;)
    There is a discussion already on how to improve the acceptance of old movies, you can go to this topic http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=745&page=1#Item_36 no need to start this discussion again here
    • CommentAuthorcaspar
    @ Chrissy easy talking all your shots get accepted known, unknow, stupid, nice it doesn't matter 95% of your shots will be accepted.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    well, first of all, that's not true, latelly I have had regurlarly some shots I really liked which didn't make it too. And I really dont like when you start blaming other users because their shots make it and not yours, this isn't the first time, you complain a lot also about other users in the hall of fame who have high acceptance of their shots and not yours ;) This ist nice and not fair for those users. You become always personal on this matter. "Buh Lordmyst and Fungus, all their shots make it that's not fair and they only post bluckbusters...." Like we give them favoritism or something. I personally dont care who the uploader is as soon as the shot is good and good quality! But not everything will go, that's very true
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    That's only because Chrisy most of the time chooses interesting or beautiful shots. Mods don't push their own shots, so mods actually have less chance to get their shots through than other people. A mean of 3.46 favourites for 540 shots is very impressive, when you keep in mind she does submit a lot of unknown movies.

Next to this I think famous movies have to get to FF, because WTM has to be fun for all players, also people who don't feel like watching a movie every day. There's no fun if you click 200 shots and only recognize two of them. So there should be a mix between hard and easy shots, which is great at this moment in my opinion (Although LOTR, Ice Age etcetera shots indeed are overrated)
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    @caspar so when does your payment expire? (just curious...)
    and i think you take the game way too serious, if you don't like the game you don't have to play! even if you already paid for it.
    • CommentAuthorcaspar
    as I said before you take this game way to serious
  6.  permalink
    but i like it ;)
    • CommentAuthorcaspar
    Ja Toffetomas but that would be a waste of my money
  7.  permalink
    yes, and we are Dutch after all... so you keep playing only cause you paid for it... now that's a waste of money, you do know you already spent it and you're not getting it back.
    if you're not having fun then please do yourself a favour and just stop it. (or try to make it fun again)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    And I think you also get confused on the meaning of supporter: as the title say this is to support the site, because you like the site and the game, yes it gives some privilege comparing to non supporter users as a thank you for your contribution but it isn't a payment you make expecting anything in exchange.
    • CommentAuthorcaspar
    Did I say I was expecting something in return for my payment, I got 12 awesome uploads and i agreed on the rules.So that's just fine with me.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    yeah but when you say "I'm going to play untill my payment expires", it is almost like you are a customer or something, that you pay for a service to be provided... I dont think that's the meaning behind it (although yes I know lots of people became supporters to only get the awesome uploads)
    Anyway, I'm stopping this discussion because I'm tired to repeat the same thing to you and hear you blaming other users
  8.  permalink
    Why is it possible to delete your account anyway? i don't like that you cant see the profiles with all the shots, favs, etc anymore.
    i also dont see any good reason why anyone would delete his/her account, unless you're so heavily addicted and want to go cold turkey.
    i vote for getting rid of this stupid feature!
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    Yeah I do upload a lot of blockbusters, but I upload in my opinion some beautiful and interesting shots. But if somebody does not like it thats oke.
    and by the way not every snapshot that I make is going through the FF. This week I got 7 shots rejected
    but this is not the place to discussed this

I liked Paul on WTM so I just curious why he deleted his account.
    to bad nobody knows why
    • CommentAuthordekolta
    I understand you can delete it. Otherwise it must be possible to change your username. Most of WTM (the forums for example) are able to be find through google. My username is based on my real name and maybe one day I don't want it to be found through google. When I'm going to sollicitate for example. Then it would be nice you could change your username otherwise I would delete my account.
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    Paul quitting really sucks! Why did he do it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    And also, I never found out why ViolentCop deleted his account, does anybody know why?
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    Didn't have contact with ViolentCop so I don't know
    sorry
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010
    Sorry guys, just a quick explanation. This game took way way way too much of my time (addiction!), and the high number of rejections had an effect on my mood. Is very busy at work and at home with 2 kids. The only way to stop os cold turkey. Nothing to do with you all! Good luck with it, and thanks for the great ride!
  9.  permalink
    and you're still coming back to the forum?? that's no cold turkey! ;-)
    too bad you had to stop and good luck with your life after wtm and try to stay clean...
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    Hey Paul.. Sad to see you leave! Good luck with all your endeavors!!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Thanks for the explanation, pspan. Good luck with your life, and you will always be welcome back if you get some time off :) I may recommend just doing contests! :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Always sad to see a valued and respected member of the community leave Paul, but as a parent I understand how much time is required of you :) Good luck in all you do mate.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    Paul, I'll miss your great shots and sense of humour. I understand why you leave and thanks for explaning.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010 edited
    thx pspan that you explain it

good luck my friend :)
    • CommentAuthorIlse
    I will miss you too Paul!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    woua WTM is really becoming a REAL addiction, with people trying to quit for their own good, trying to stay clean... lol
    Good luck Pspan with staying clean, it takes a lot of courage ^^
    • CommentAuthorcaspar
    He Chrissy, so it had something to do with all the rejections ;-)