Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Forum:
    BUG: I submitted it through the feedback form, but am wondering whether other people are having the same problem (couldn't find anything about it on the forums): when I am not logged in to the forum, it has a nice lay-out. However, as soon as I log in, the layout is gone (no stylesheet) and it's all basically just plain-text.

PROPOSAL: I think it would be nice if you could visit someone's WTM profile page from their username in the forum - clicking on it now only shows you their forum profile with post counts etc., maybe a link in there?

Site:
    BUG?: When you visit a still that has been deleted (by clicking an old link for example), it shows the error message "Sorry, but you are not allowed to access this page". That implies that it is a matter of authorisation (for example when trying to visit a New Submissions page when you've not enough movies solved yet). I think it would be better if the message was "This still has been deleted."

PROP: Somewhere around May, someone suggested shortkeys for things like random movie etc. I second that; would also like to have shortkeys for next and previous movie :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009 edited
    Site:
    BUG?: When you visit a still that has been deleted (by clicking an old link for example), it shows the error message "Sorry, but you are not allowed to access this page". That implies that it is a matter of authorisation (for example when trying to visit a New Submissions page when you've not enough movies solved yet). I think it would be better if the message was "This still has been deleted."
    ----------------------------------

Actually it is a matter of authorisation, because the stills aren't deleted, you only can't access them any more.
    It's plant to make them accessible via personal galleries, so this problem won't exist any more in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    'PROPOSAL: I think it would be nice if you could visit someone's WTM profile page from their username in the forum - clicking on it now only shows you their forum profile with post counts etc., maybe a link in there?'

I agree, would be nice to get to someone's profile when clicking the username here.
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009 edited
    Don't want to start a new thread over this, so I'll ask it here:
    Does anybody know what that little "q: 1" next to the first solved means?

This is the only shot I've seen so far that has this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    Interesting...

Maybe tliff and naut started integrating and testing the new token-system?
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    great shot :)
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    you never saw that!
    (it's the section of the site where the shot is, 1 is "in the queue")
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    I never saw that too
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    you mean q: 1 is the first who's going through to the FF?
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    no
    it just the "category" the shot is in,
    all shots in newsubmissions have q=1
    •  
      CommentAuthorconnectiv
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2009
    Not sure if this has been answered anywhere before, if it has, sorry for asking again - Is there a minimum time a movie has to stay in "new submissions" before it can go to FF? Or would it be possible to upload a shot shortly before evaluation time (whenever that is), quickly vote it a ten and it goes to FF?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    There isnt a set evaluation time, each shot has 48 hours in the NS area, from when its uploaded. Unless a kind admin pushes it through :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorconnectiv
    Ah, ok, I thought that every xx hours the best xx screenshots would go to FF. But of course it makes more sense for every screenshot to stay for 48 hours. Thanks for your answer.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    all shots stay in the submissions for at least 24 hours so the ratings average out a bit.
    they are removed after 48h.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2009 edited
    BUG: When I want to unbookmark a movie I click on the button and it turns grey. The problem is, it's still bookmarked and when I go back to the movie page the button is red again.

PROPOSAL: It would be nice to have my bookmarked movies in a list with names, not shots. In the same way "seen" movies are listed (what is that for actually?).
    Because I usually bookmark movies which I don't know but I liked the shots. So everytime I want to see the name I have to click on the shot and then on "show solution".
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    i solved some photos in the movie archive
    but the total in solves doesn't changed

for example I solved this one http://whatthemovie.com/shot/7236

the total solves 3
    when I solved it, it's still on 3
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    those are "valid" solves as in "counting towards the hall of fame"
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    oke thx for that tliff
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009 edited
    I don't know where to put this so I put it here

I'm not happy

first my photo of the pig masks went through with a 6,5
    a 30 minutes later my B&W photo with a 6,9 didn't went through
    I uploaded the same day

there can not be so much difference in a half hour

ridiculous

edit: all the 2 photos were 48 hours in the submissions
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009 edited
    @LordMyst, let me explain the rules again, there is a fix number of shots: 25 to be precise which go through on votes, that's it!
    Then we, the admins, can push through some shots which wouldn't have made it on votes if we like them and think they deserve to be in the FF
    This is the reason why your pig masks shot went through, one of us pushed it through. So in a way, it was "saved"
    But that doesn't mean your B&W picture would be saved as well. This saving thing is simply on top of the rating and we decide which ones
    We can push an additional 25 shots to the 25 that goes on rating
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    yeah I know the rules

but I thought the moderators will choose the ones to the FF within the 24hs if it is after the 24 hours it will go through the normal system of submissions

so that was the reason I was not happy

I'm sorry if I am to emotional :)
    It's a addiction :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    lol no worries,
    But just so I understand correctly, how much hours left had your pig Masks?
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    when it went through it got 0 hours just like the B&W photo
    but thx to a moderator (I'm not telling names ;) thx shanghai noon ;) )

the B&W went through with the superduper terrific fantastic awesome powers of a moderator
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    ok, there is no problem then :)
    We generally push through the ones that are almost gona be deleted at the end of the 48hrs, rating can sometimes change a lot (especially now that the solver votes count for 3) so there is no use to push through things which might get through, that's why they were pushed through at the very end :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Wow things are getting tough . . . lol . . my shot had a 7.31 and didn't make it . . I'll have to try again in a week or two . . :)

I do like a lot of the shots that have been helped through . . .
    • CommentAuthormarisk8
    Yes, my shot had 7.49 and didn't make it, but we're def getting better stills
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009 edited
    hmm what were your shots with the high scores that didnt make it? Describe them to me without giving the title away :)

Going to have to have a chat with chrisy and deviant about this. It was our understanding that stills with scores that high would make it on their own anyway. Perhaps we need to change our criteria for putting things through.... although generally score averages are a lot higher now, so it might just be you wre against even higher scoring images :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Yes, this is because most shots are just getting higher scores now because the solver scores count for 3. To be honnest, I dont think we should look at the scores to push the shots through, at least I dont, I just look at other criterias. I'm sorry to say but often I see high rated shots which I really dont like and I wont push these through if I dont think they deserve to go (and I'm not refering to any in particular of course). And Unfortunatly, we also cannot push everything through, so there will always be some desapointment. But as Siren34 says, if it had a high score, try again in a few weeks, you never know.
    • CommentAuthormarisk8
    my shot was an album picture, it had coon chicken written on it
    •  
      CommentAuthorconnectiv
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009
    I'm wondering... someone posted a comment on one of my screenshots, I posted an answering comment only shortly after - but now my comment and his are reversed? It looks as if my own shout is older than TheNut's:

http://whatthemovie.com/shot/27982

Bug?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Yes, I mentioned that, looks kinda weird. Thought you probably edited your shout after he shouted, but if not it seems a bug indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorconnectiv
    No, I did not edit it. I posted it after I read his.
  2.  permalink
    could it be a problem with your computer clock, summer time or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorconnectiv
    Hmmm I don't know, is that possible? I don't think the server cares about the time settings on my computer, does it?
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    it does not care about your setting
    i'll have to investigate this further
    • CommentAuthorbap2008
    Wow ! http://whatthemovie.com/shot/28090 71h left ;)

something's seriously wrong with the timetable ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009 edited
    From the IRC-Channel:

[20:13] naut:
    tomorrow will be tv day
    no regular shots
    tliff: you wanna explain?
    [20:14] tliff:
    actually, i dont ;)
    [20:14] tliff:
    we will extend the time in the queue for shots in there by 24h
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009
    Everytime I try to search for "rise" as movie I get an Error 500. I can search it as tag or user, and I can search for everything else, but somehow it just won't work for movies. If i add anything to the ending like "riseq" it works again, but one less like "ris" won't work either. Really strange... ^^
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009 edited
    maybe because it's a bad movie ;)

but I tried it too if you only put in "r" you get the same error
    • CommentAuthorCavaH
    I think you probably need to have search for words consisting of more than 4 characters. Weird though that he doesn't give the same problem with tags and users...
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    If you have this in future, go to IMDB and get the ID for the movie. ie for rise it is tt0389328. Search for that in movies and it should find it fine.
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    Thanks them00ch, that works fine.
    And LordMyst, yeah the movie was bad, but after I watch a movie I usually check it out on imdb and wtm, to read the movie trivia and see if there were already shots uploaded that I didn't solve before. ^^
    • CommentAuthorCavaH
    Im sure this is not a bug, but some kind of setting Ive set accidently, but it is very annoying. Whenever I login to the forum, the whole layout is messed up. All frames are mising. It turns into plain text. When I log out again it returns to normal. I looked in my settings for an option of some kind, but cant find it.

I hope you understand what I mean, and that there is a solution, because its starting to get a little annoying xD
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009 edited
    sorrie.. wasn't a problem anymore!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuschko
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009
    i've tried to upload a new snapshot, but at section 4 Upload i've a problem ... when i choose the piucture and press the upload button nothing happend besides the loading picture next to the upload button appears ... i tried it on 2 different systems and on both it's the same ...
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    should be fixed. please try again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuschko
    yes works now ... thumbs up
    •  
      CommentAuthorBarto
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    I'm still having the problem, when I sign in on the forum, the stylesheets vanish, and I see raw text. Happens on both Chrome and Internet Explorer 8. Any ideas?
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    better?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBarto
    yes, thanks :)