Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorconnectiv
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    "Sorry, You already uploaded two shots of this movie"

Does this mean I can never again upload shots for this movie..? Or is there a time limit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009 edited
    You can never upload more than 2 shots from a specific movie I think... It's to protect WTM for even more Pirates shot and so on.
    • CommentAuthorbap2008
    Additional question:

Is it possible to overrule this 2 shots per movie limit via Awesome Snapshots ?
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    @connectiv:
    at the moment it means you cant upload it ever again. we'll change that to a timelimt.

@bap2008
    yes, it is
    • CommentAuthoraknilak
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009
    looks like a bug in the forum, for each post, the "last comment" show the OP and not the last comment
  1.  permalink
    Yep, it's a bug, the name of the last comment's user is always the "started by" user.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009
    naut screwed that up
    • CommentAuthorMaria555
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    "more stats coming soon"

will there be something like a hall of fame for first solvers or just the number of snapshot that you were the first to solve?
  2.  permalink
    I hope there won't be anything for first solvers! I mean it's cool enough you have your name on top of the picture, you don't need more just because you were the first guy/gal to see the screenshot...
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    It would still be nice to see how many you were the first solver on. Obviously being first solver on a picture with 1000 solves isnt much of an accomplishment, just being in the right place at the right time. But being first solver on a picture with only a handful of solves is an accomplishment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    mwaah, it would be nice for your own stats, but not much of an accomplishment.
    • CommentAuthorMaria555
    yeah, well, maybe not a hall of fame but at least i'd like to see how many times i've been the fisrt solver.
    like the total snapshots solved, just to know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    i agree with Maria (Maria, I just met a girl named Maria...................)555
    •  
      CommentAuthormikebozzio
    agree too.
  3.  permalink
    Bug?: Since the last update (I think) I miss a lot of green bars beneath my solved movies in the overview screen. When I open the shot it says I already solved it, but on the overview the green bar is mysterously fanished..
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuschko
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009 edited
    today i have nothing pressed ... i think i've nothing pressed .. but i got the solution of http://whatthemovie.com/shot/27680 ... thats a little bit wired because the shot has not expired also when it is rejected ... update: also at this shot it works http://whatthemovie.com/shot/27649 and this http://whatthemovie.com/shot/28273 and thid http://whatthemovie.com/shot/27108 ... yes they are all from one player but i don't want to try this now at multiple users ... the only one i've not solved and can't request is http://whatthemovie.com/shot/29382 ... all shots are rejected ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    When I try to upload a shot from the movie tt0297494 it won't let me go past the search phase . . . ???
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuschko
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    OK . . I will have to create it then . . this is for the movie . . :)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    The movie has a different IMDb ID.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    Am I the only one who thinks the new spelling update is going to far

if you example type in star trek, it will all so do for star trek insurrection or search for spock etc.

it's going to far with this update
    but that's what I think
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    If you know its a star trek but arent sure which one, you are going to type all the individiual names. This just saves you the bother. As has been mentioned before, its a nice side effect of the typo fix.

the example you provide above works because all the trek movies all have alternate names of star trek 1, star trek 2, star trek 3 anyway. You have never had to type out Star Trek 2: the wrath of khan for example, just star trek 2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    There is a bug in the forum overview page. After "Last comment by" it always gives the name of the one who started the thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009 edited
    If you want to go to the page of this http://whatthemovie.com/shot/423 movie, you get an error. I also tried to search for the movie via the search function, again an error. I just thought you might wanna know :)

EDIT:And I realised something. On the page there are reviews full with spoilers. Please tell me if I'm wrong, but aren't reviews supposed to be a way for you to give your impressions and opinions about a movie to others but NOT to spoiler the whole movie? I mean where is the sense, if someone reads a review of a movie he doesn't know yet and the review is full of spoilers and tells me how it ends... makes no sense for me. Then I don't have to watch it anymore. The reviews should help people to decide if it's a movie worth seeing and if it's something they would like to see. NOT to give you a summary of the story from the beginning to the end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    I agree with that, if you want to give a summary so bad, you should not do that in a review. I think on imdb they call it a synopsis, wich is a different section on the movie page. Perhaps an idea for WTM too.
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    Just encountered another problem. On a shot of mine in the new submissions, someone voted for deletion that it was bad quality (only one vote). I wanted to comment in the delete votes that it was from the DVD, avoiding future deletion votes. Instead of adding that vote and comment, it however deleted the whole shot right away. Is this somehow intended, that we can delete out own new submission shots now (like the rejected shots), or is it a bug, maybe even caused by the aforementioned rejected shots?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009 edited
    hmm agonistes that would also explain this thread : http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=473&page=1#Item_6

Perhaps if you vote delete your own image it nukes it now.

Can you remember the image ID of the picture? or an image it was next to in NS?

EDIT: never mind I can see you have uploaded it again now
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    them00ch, you found a bug, very good ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    sorry :D
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    fixed,
    phoenix's bug too
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    Thank you very much tliff =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Just something i thought of today. You can now see how many times a shot has been favorited (very cool feature).
    I think it would be nice if you could see who favorited the shot (for example, by clicking on the hart in the right corner).
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009 edited
    Cool idea forerunner, I thought the same =)

And I have another thought. It would be great, if we somehow could see if someone requested a fellowship without going into the settings and then to the fellowslist.
    Maybe an automatic shout directly on the profilepage? Something like Blabla has requested a fellowship with you...
    Because I never check my fellowslist via the settings (I never think of that).
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    @forerunner
    sounds interesting

@phoenix
    we already have an idea for that ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    Ah great tliff, I'm very curious and looking foraward the result then =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    Today i've been having some problems in the new submissions.
    Sometimes when i click next, the page doesn't load, the screen just stays white. After a refresh it's solved.
    Is this a problem with my pc, or at the server?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009 edited
    I have the same problem but with my profile page. When I click on it I get a blank page after refreshing it works...

Edit: I have it on the whole page sometimes, when I click something just get a blank page after refreshing it works.
    • CommentAuthorpnktchen
    I have the same problem (on the whole page).
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    it should be gone now.
    please report any further white pages
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009
    am I the only one that the difficulty of WTM is much higher than 2 months ago
    It is almost the same level as 1.0

even my girlfriend (who also use my username, not on forum, shouts or uploads she just try to the guess the movie)
    don't like it anymore.

I thought that WTM 2.0 would me more accesible to other people
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009 edited
    Damned if you do, damned if you dont. A couple of months ago everyone was saying it was too easy, with only the easy, popular shots making it to FF. I personally think the balance is better now, and the leaderboard scores have only dropped by 5-10%. There are still enough easy shots going through that its still accesible. I have a few friends who have signed up to WTM in the past couple of weeks, and they are totally addicted. They arent exactly students of film.

And my litmus test, Mrs m00ch, loves the site and again, she really doesnt know that many movies. I dont think she reads the forums so I am safe saying that ;)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009
    Yep, I think it's better now than 2 months ago.
    • CommentAuthorchecknorisk
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009 edited
    I agree, balance is much better now.
    the new upload rules relly do the job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    i have to agree with that too. The quality of the stills is improving (imo).
    There are still easy, but also though shots. I like it this way
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    I agree too. I really like it more this way with the new rules. I know less shots than before, that's for sure but I don't mind, because for me not my points are important. I don't care what place I am in the hall of fame. I'm just here for fun =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Same as the last 5 persons. It's great to see some harder shots from really famous movies (#29675 and #29484 for example), some easy (but nice) shots and also great shots with only few solves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBarto
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009
    there seems to be a problem with showing solutions in the vault. I tried viewing solutions of the TV contest, but nothing happened except on those shots I previously solved.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    fixed
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    For me there still is a problem with some shots in the TV contest. Some shots that i solved don't appear as solved anymore (no green line).
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009 edited
    So the contest shots will not count as upload score?