Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009 edited
    @toffetomas, me and fungus noticed it too. Tliff knows it and will look into it.

edit: And it's fixed :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009
    It could be cool to have a feature in the overview, so you only see unsolved shots :), like good old days;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009
    In the Vault, the site doesn't show my solved pictures. I solved some shadow stills, but that isn't shown
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    @ zynthux
    i'm talking about http://whatthemovie.com/vault
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    did you solve them in the past or since release of the vault?
    because the solution for them is available now, so you cant score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    i solved them in the past
    •  
      CommentAuthortleilax
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    I don't know if it's just my browser (FF3.5/Mac) or really a bug, but I can't post any shout to a user's review of a movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    You cant do that I dont think. You can shout on a movies page, but not shout on a review if I recall correctly.
    •  
      CommentAuthortleilax
    Really? I mean, there is a "shout form" on every single review page. It would be kinda confusing if that form is of no use...
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Seems I was mistaken, I didnt realise you could shout reviews. There is a shout box there, and yes, I cant use it either :)

Will have a chat to tliff about it
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009
    fixed
    •  
      CommentAuthorpadvinder95
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009 edited
    The green information bar at the top of the forum that reads "Please use your whatthemovie username to log in at the top right corner!" also appears on a page refresh if you are already logged in. (in the Discussions overview)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009 edited
    I just noticed that the new submissions section is missing a legend (the explenation of the coloured lines). Maybe this should be added.
    And are moderators able to make other shouts "spoilers"?

edit;
    Can you delete your uploaded stills, and if so, how?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
    Yes we can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    I'm still very interested in the possibility to hide every shot you have solved in the overview, It would make it looks much greater I think :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Yes, me too. Think I heard tliff or naut say they forgot about that when working on WTM2.0, but that was quite some time ago now.
  1.  permalink
    what about a feature to collect all your shouts, just to follow the chat on some.
    it could be useful either on shots or on player's profiles
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
    Yeah, and the possibility to have a popup like the news, where you can see the newest comments on your shots, or comments on the shots you have made a shout on...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
    Agree with Razzomega. Does not have to be a pop-up, could also be a page where the last updates on your shots and shots you've shouted on are listed. (The same idea as 'My Active Topics' on many forums)
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009
    Hi I noticed something that's been bothering me, could there be a way to notice better the fellowship requests!

And more importantly to remove the ones i asked that haven't been answered... it doesn't seem possible atm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Best update ever!:D I like it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Don't agree, the update to WTM2 was pretty awesome too ;)

But I like the changes too :) Great job once again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpadvinder95
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009 edited
    The "loading" image animation that appears before the rating is loaded (on a screenshot page) is a white circle on a black, square background. This doesn't look that smooth on a red background. Maybe make the image transparent or the same color as the background?

The image is
    Maybe make another one ajax_loader_on_700000.gif? ;-)

(http://www.ajaxload.info/)

[edit] This problem is only in the New submissions section, where the background of the votes bar is red. In Featured films/archive it is, indeed, black.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2009 edited
    I can't see my uploads in NS anymore, why that?
    Edit: Sorry, saw that there also was display options in NS lols..
    Double edit: I think it could be nice to have 2 different display options 1 for FF and 1 for NS, Because in NS I like to see all my solved and uploaded shots too, but I want to hide them in FF:P
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2009
    oke.. i wonder if i'm the only one, but i am really curious which people favourited my shots! can it be made possible to see who faved your shot? sure it can... ;) do your thing boys!
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009 edited
    nobody has favourite your shots bazzy
    you know that ;)

lol
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009
    damn myst.. you crack me up! ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    Lately i've been having a problem in NS. Sometimes the page doesn't stop loading. It just keeps going on and on. If i press stop, it does, and the page works fine, but sometimes the loading just doesn't stop. 5 min is my personal record :P
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    got the same problem forerunner
    my personal record about 10 minutes
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009 edited
    damn, i'll have to wait a bit longer

Edit:
    is it possible to ad a preview button in the forum. So you can preview your comment, without posting it already.
    In typing a longer comment http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=349&page=1#Item_35 I noticed that it's not easy to predict how your comment is going to look once posted. Just a thought though.
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2009
    I was wondering if there could be a different colour code for the sidequest /contests. Because browsing through NS and contest at the same time can sometime be confusing. Red is beautiful but it's a different thing and should have a different status i think.

And also could there be a solution button in the contest as well, because when you solved the shot and don't remember the name that's frustrating.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    I got sometimes the problem when I revisited a solved photo it is to my suprise sometimes unsolved
  2.  permalink
    I got the same problem LordMyst !
  3.  permalink
    me too, I guess it's the reason why i'm not in the Hall Of Fame at the moment...

to be serious I've noticed that a few times
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Hmmz, that might be the reason I lost so many places the last few days. Going to check and resolve now! :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    nah, they still count as solved (you see when you refresh). Looks like the server sometimes has problems loading your solve or smth like that. (It was nice to get the opportunity to solve my own shots :) )
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    Yah, I checked, I just suck lately :D
    • CommentAuthorCalslaan26
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    Upload doesn't work at the moment, at least it doesn't work for me.
    I can get to the upload tab of the proces, and after selecting my shot and pressing upload; the 'loading' circle will keep moving indefinitly, at least for 15 minutes (at that point I gave up)!

Tested it with Firefox and IE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    I see people upload now, so I think it's possible for you too ;)!
  4.  permalink
    I have the same problem as you. I cant get past the loading circle on the uploading page.
    @Razzomega:
    Yeah I know, that's what makes it so weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    tliff and naut are away until tomorrow, so if there is a general issue I am afraid it will not get looked at until at least then.

In the meantime, can you try logging out, clearing your browser's cache, and logging back in again? Or just go the upload page, and do a forced refresh (usually CTRL+F5 depending on browser). And try again. Everyone else seems to be uploading OK so it seems like something local to your end/s.
    • CommentAuthorRamon
    I'm also not able to upload anything in both chrome and internet explorer. Same problem as Calslaan26..
    "In the meantime, can you try logging out, clearing your browser's cache, and logging back in again? Or just go the upload page, and do a forced refresh (usually CTRL+F5 depending on browser). And try again."

Thank you for the suggestions but I tried all of that and it didn't help. I even installed Chrome, but that also doesn't work.
    I also didn't install and/or changed any firewall/virusscanner/browser settings after my last series of uploads. So I really can't think of anything on my end that is set wrong.

Some more info about the bug:
    In the statusbar of Firefox and Chrome it says that the browser is sending requests but the server doesn't appear to be accepting these or responding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    OK I guess we will have to wait for tliff to get back tomorrow then, sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthortleilax
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009 edited
    I experienced the same thing yesterday. The size of the shot was above 1mb - when I reduced it to around 800kb the upload worked fine.
    Maybe there is an upload filesize limit on the server software that kinda breaks the upload script.

[edit]

Well, gotta correct myself. Experiencing the described upload problems with a 840kb shot right now...
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    hmm my last upload this evening was about 850k too, worked fine. Firefox 3.0.14.

Couple more people experiencing this in IRC, must be a general issue. Going to have to wait for tliff sorry guys!
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    I have the same uploading problem, i push the upload button, it sends the request to wtm and having no respond it ends the trade.

i'm on Firefox 3.5.3
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    same problem here. I tried it with different picture sizes as well as with jpg and png. Nothing works.
    Safari 4.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.1