Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Same thing on mrs m00ch's account. Tried multiple browsers, clearing cache and cookies etc. seems its definitely something server-side.

Our illustrious leaders will be back from their mini road-trip tomorrow, we will have to wait for then :)

In the meantime, if you need something to do, try get more solves in Chrisy's contest in the vault, or take some time to go back over FF to see if you missed any. I always seem to get a couple of new ones every time I do that :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Yeah I'm happy because I have 3 uploads in NS and they can easier go through with less shots. Huah! ;P Just joking...
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    I'm a little bit afraid of the amount of shots that will be uploaded at the same time when it will be fixed...
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    thank god for the 2 slots per uploader rule then. Every downside has its upside.
    (elk nadeel heb zn voordeel voor de nederlanders, lang leve Cruijfsiaans)
    • CommentAuthorCalslaan26
    @Forerunner. Een klassieker; now the monkey comes out of the sleeve.

But them00ch thank you for some good advice/suggestions! And let's hope our illustrious leaders can solve it. Let the waiting game begin!
    • CommentAuthorCalslaan26
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009 edited
    Uploading works again. Thank you!

I can upload a 200Kb JPEG but a 1Mb+ PNG doesn't work. It will still hang on the 'loading' section.
    Is there a size limit set? Or is the png to jpeg script bugging?

Update: Uploading a <1Mb PNG works fine. So is there a size limit?
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    I have the same problem, some shots I cannot upload probably due to the size then
    Tliff is aware of it and will look into it asap :)
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    should work now
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    i wonder if it's possible to enlarge the avatar of players. Not always, but the way you can look at your own uploaded shot before submitting it to the game. Hope you know what i mean.
    That way, you could see a persons avatar better, because sometimes the frame is just to small to see it clearly.
  1.  permalink
    Upload problem: everything goes fine, except after the shot is uploaded and you have to verify it. Instead of a shot a hash-like string is displayed. Also after clicking on add snapshot to WTM the shot isn't shown in the new submissions. It has got a number, a page and everything but the picture isn't shown.
    • CommentAuthormarisk8
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    the uploaded shot won't show up, only a black screen
    •  
      CommentAuthorDeviant
    Yes it's a common problem. Unfortunately tliff is not online, so we will have to wait for him. Sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    i am sorry, i was watching family guy with naut...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Best excuse ever. Period.
  2.  permalink
    I second that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    I think it could be nice to see the stats on who has gotten most bucks:)
    • CommentAuthorLiquidTV
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    Was just clearing some old bookmarks and noticed for the first time
    that shots in the archive are showing spoilers when you didn't solve 'em yet.
    Wouldn't it be better if they were only showing spoilers when you solved the shot?
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited
    i was browsing through the archive, and i noticed that you can see the spoiler comments even if you didn't solve the stills.
    In my opinion, this isn't fun. Sometimes there are pretty clear hints in the "spoiled" comments.

edit:
    i just remembered that bazzy3000 also reported this somewhere on the forum. Bit too late though, since i already posted this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    Another small bug: when you use the tag search, a shot tagged twice with the same word appears twice. Example http://whatthemovie.com/shot/33021 has the tags "black" and "blackasian". When you search "black" you get two occurrences of the shot.

About tag search, I did not find any logic in the way the results are ordered. But there must be one. Maybe a simple chronological ordering should be better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009 edited
    if you search for 'ice' for example, the first shot that got a tag with ice is displayed first and so on. I agree chronological order would be better and shots should not be displayed twice.

Also I would like to see two groups when searching, first with exact tag matches and the other with all other results. For example: When searching car, it would be nice to see all cartoon-tags in the second group.
    •  
      CommentAuthortleilax
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009 edited
    Just noticed a "little" bug:

I was able to upload a third shot from a movie which I shouldn't be able to according to the rules. Didn't do it on purpose - just thought after uploading "Wait a minute, I've already uploaded two shots of this movie that did not get rejected".

I don't want to post the according shots right here and now to not spoil anything, but I'll provide the neccessary links if needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009 edited
    hmm can you come into chat to give us the links?

edit: were any of the previous shots taken for the sidequest? or were they awesome uploads?
    •  
      CommentAuthortleilax
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009
    Sure, I'll head over there right away.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    if you upload the movie in the time of wtm 1.0
    you still got 2 uploads from the movie in wtm 2.0
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    Hi all, I would like to suggest an option on the profile page : could it be possible to have random buddies shown amongst the ones we have.
    At the moment it's chronogical and not very fun so it would remind who your friends are. (Not that they are that useful atm)

I thought it was a broken feature but i thought wrong so i suggest it now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited
    Heya =]

3 quick tweak suggestions:

-A "Forum" link next to the Bookmarks/Settings ones at the top of the page.
    -A "Hide Posted Shots" feature in the Awesome Button Config menu (it also could use a slightly better randomness)
    -A larger Movie Fellows box in profile page, it's only showing 3 fellow thumbnails there, room there's aplenty...

Any thoughts? :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    @ Yeah those suggestions sounds nice.. I am still thinking that it could be nice with your "best rank" in upload and feature films score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    Yup, someone posted this a while ago (prolly you? :P )

Besides, i still want my First Solver total ... (yeah i WANT it ! )
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    And the uploaded shot with most solves, favourites and comments :P Just a lot of stats could be nice:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited
    oh well, there's one i can even do meself :P

• CommentAuthorcastaka
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    I have an issue with the "favourite movie" page :
    As it is now when you go to your movie page you see some snapshots of movies. Those you know and solved get you through the movie page, but those you don't know and didn't solve get you to a shot you had never seen before. So you can't get to your favorite movie unless you solve it.
    It's a bit twisted, since I don't like getting the solution of shots (even in archive), to find what the movie was...
    I think it's included in your future way of dealing with movies later but I'm not sure.