Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009
    I think this is a great and interesting addition to wtm, hopefully it'll animate more people to join the supporters.
    I'll definitely take my time to choose these awesome uploads carefully though, don't want shots in here that nobody else likes. ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    I absolutely agree with agonistes. I think the feature is great for movies only very few people know. Even if they tend to do better with the new weighting scheme (x3 if people know the solution), they have still a disadvantage. So I'm planning to spare my slots for (hopefully) great shots from those neglected movies.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    to the people who already donated, we will add the free uploads for you manually ;) naut is working on it
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    Alright, my page has been updated and I have my 12 awesome uploads, but not I also have two golden idols in my memorabilias. ^^
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    Niiiiice feature ! :D
    • CommentAuthorLiquidTV
    Cool feature aye!
    Just started donating yesterday, so this is a nice unexpected bonus :)
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    and we didn't mention the greatest feature of all, forum usernames are now correctly linked :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Aye that's great :D Maybe it could be possible to make a "link" like here in the forum at the site too?:)
  1.  permalink
    Great features. Congrats !
  2.  permalink
    Great idea guys ;)
    • CommentAuthorLiquidTV
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    Haven't got the Awesome Uploads added to my account yet.
    You guys still adding these by hand?
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    looks like you got left out. we'll add them manually.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    you got them
    • CommentAuthorLiquidTV
    Ooh! thanks :)
    Sure I should get 12?
    Maybe 2 moderators added them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    No biggie, but Awesome ups should not require a "free upload slot" for a specific movie.
    What do ya think?
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    They do not require a free upload slot, you can post awesome uploads when ever you want ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Yeah then I will post 13 fight club shots in a row, beware :D
    • CommentAuthorLiquidTV
    lol Razz! there are not enough shots left in that movie ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    @Chrisy: That's what i thought at first, then i was nicely ask to watch another run of The Day After Tomorrow :D
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Ah, ok, I thought you meant that it was because of the 3 uploads you already had in the new submission
    But that's a different thing here. It means that The day after tomorrow has already been posted this week. Only one shot per movie is allowed per week, this is to avoid seeing the same movie again in a too short period of time. You will just have to try again in a few days :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009 edited
    Redvex, are you sure? I have just tried using an awesome upload for a film I know has been posted in the last few days. It allowed me to do it. I didnt complete it, it was just a test, but it allowed me up to the point of actually submitting the final image. Try clicking the button labelled "awesome uploads dont need Captchas" at the bottom right.

edit : Just double checked, an awesome upload slot allows you to post an image even if another from that film has already been posted in the last week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009 edited
    I'll give it a try right now (edit in a sec)

edit: Well, i now got a button just like you said below the captcha part.
    I didnt get one when i first used the Awesome Upload thingy...

tbh, might be a lil buggy on my side, crappy connection and whatnot... :)

edit²: Tried 2 movies uploaded yesterday, seems fine as well.

-> http://whatthemovie.com/shot/30445
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    An awesome shot. I suspect it would have done well in NS :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRedvex
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009 edited
    Yup, but i wanted it now, found it, loved it, uploaded it :D

edit: BUT, somehow you didnt find it. I guess it'll be up to Agonistes in a minute or so :)
    • CommentAuthorVinceNet
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    I know it's an old topic but the title suits perfectly my question. I can't see any shots when I click on the recently added awesome uploads : http://whatthemovie.com/shot/recentawesomeuploads
    Is it a bug for me or the feature is simply not fully implemented yet?

It's not a big deal when there's only 1-2 recent awesome upload because you can directly click on them on your home, but when there's more (like now, 17) I can't find a way to view them all
    • CommentAuthoricemotion
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    You can view them under the recent feature films as well. They're all there.

Although I think somone is going a bit out on a limb here.... 20 awesome uploads in a row. I mean really.. 20?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsiren34
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010
    Someone should save up like 50 awesome uploads and then try to do a flip book buy posting a complete scene frame by frame . . . lol

Or see if you can tell the whole story of a movie in 10-15 successive shots . . .

I'm not really saying anyone should actually do this of course . . . but it would be funny . . . :)
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010
    I have the same problem as Vincenet with the awesome uploads
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010
    got a question... i awesome uploaded a shot of a movie, then some time later i uploaded another one normally, now i wanted to use my second "not awesome" slot but he says i already got 2 shots for the movie... is this normal? do i lose my second slot for the movie if i already awesome uploaded one for it? this would be very disappointing and disadvantaging the advantage of an awesone upload :(
  3.  permalink
    From FAQ :
    You are not able to post more than 2 snapshots of the same movie (3 if you are a Supporter).

So the "awesome" feature will not give you the possibility to upload more shots/film than the normal way. It only allows you to post a shot without passing through the whole process.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    you can always use an awesome upload even if you have 2 shots from that movie

but if you use first an awesome upload and than a normal upload. The awesome upload+normal upload counts as the 2 snapshots from the movie. Now you can only use an awesome upload if you want to post a third shot from the movie (or become a supporter)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    A supporter can upload 5 snapshots from each movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010 edited
    Are you sure of that razzomega ?
    5 regular shots without using awesome uploads ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010 edited
    http://whatthemovie.com/page/supporter <-- To the right
    "Be able to upload up to 5 Snapshots from the same Movie (instead of 2)"
    It's a pretty new change but yes.
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010
    thats disappointing :( i thought the awesome uploads and the normal onces were counted seperatly :(
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010
    They are somewhat. After you have uploaded normal shots to your limit (be it 2 or 5), then you can still upload awesomes which are not limited.