Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    Since there are a lot of shots with actor and actresses I thought could be interesting to add Favorite actors and actresses as we have favorite film :)

Or maybe a page with actors and actresses and their respective screenshots when of course the shots are in the archive...

Cotp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMimimi
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009 edited
    I like the idea very much Cotp.
    A new contest?

Maybe a separate database of actors and actresses?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    You can see characters will be described on the movie page here: http://twitpic.com/mxaza/full
    I think it should be possible to link those characters on actors and actresses and give them their own page.
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009 edited
    zythux is right. We will be adding characters to the next release of whatthemovie.

I'll spoiler you by citing the staff forum:

"
    Another idea is the integration of movie characters. The IMDb already has this feature but I think very poorly executed.
    For famous movies you get a description of the character and some quotes but mostly the information is not present.

As always on WTM we primarily rely on visual content. We can easily ask our users to take great snapshots with the main
    characters clearly visible (as a counterpart to the snapshot quiz where this action is considered bad style)
    We will also add the possibilty to write a little description of the character and I think combined with a little Memorabilia
    award, players will start to fill the character pages of their favourite movie heroes.

The reason why I don't want to integrate actors/directors/writes/etc to WTM is simple:
    WTM should only be about the movie, the visuals, the story, the charactes but not the people who made it.
    There are far too many sites out there which focus on this content.

We are true to our name and solely put the focus on the movie itself.
    "
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    thanks naut for that comment. Yes could be indeed interesting to hava all main characters of a movie... (not just the main one). I understand the logic and difference between actors vs chacters intersting point.