Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDadida
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009
    as a thought:
    would it be interesting to be able to team up multiple accounts as teams?
    that way you can keep your individual scores as well as a team score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009
    Why, please why?
    The horror ;-)

I dont get this team thing, sorry.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Dadida, can you please explain what you mean exactly?
    People working together with multiple accounts is simply against the rules of WTM. This isn't fair for people who play individually.
    We had an example lately with 2 users playing together on 2 accounts and who were in the hall of fame, you can imagine that this is taking a place from people who are playing individually. If you want to make a team, you should use only one account and delete the others ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuschko
    maybe just to show the efficiently player on WTM that reaches the 100% by merging multiple players (not just random, but in the way that there are the lowest amount of players in the team) into the monthly WTM player ... not as a real team ... just for fun ... maybe also an award for the people who are in the team of the 100% WTM player ... just an idea that came in my mind when i read this team player thing ...
    • CommentAuthorDadida
    I don't see what you mean.

- People working together with multiple accounts is simply against the rules of WTM. This isn't fair for people who play individually.

if people use one account and work together the result is the same.

but my idea is this

i'd like to solve the stills that i know and get in the high score for that (or not if i don't know them)
    also it's fun to work as a team, but then i don't get to solve the stills that team mates already solved (boo boo, i wanted to solve them too)

so:

if you can merge the results of multiple accounts as a team into a team score, everybody can get into the high scores as an individual

if you also make a team high score, you would get the teams out of the individual high score and give solo players a fair opportunity to get a nice place there too.

So you would be playing with your individual scores for the personal high score and at the same time, with all the merged solves, as a team for the team high score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    Dadida I would sincerly be interested to know here, who are the people from the Top 50 of hall of Fame that have solved everything ALONE, if some do, please let me know, I will be the first to congratatulate you ! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009 edited
    Dadida's idea sounds good.
    This way, team players would no longer be forced to play with one account (thus biasing the current Hall of Fame), but keep their sole accounts.
    We just need another Hall of Fame.

PS: I have recently read a blogpost about WTM. The poster complained about WTM not having teams.. so why not.
    We won't have groups, we'll have teams.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I like that idea, idd!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    and how do you control who plays in teams? And what about someone that lets his/her (girl)friend (very gender sensitive of me he?) play ones in a while? Ah well, at least it will get rid of the teams in the real high score....
    • CommentAuthorLachinator
    I also like the idea of solving shots not just for me but also for my team.
    Team-Pages would also be cool that give an overview of the teams: a list of the members, statistics of the team and an internal Hall of Fame (for every team).
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    "and how do you control who plays in teams?"

I could see that a team gets his own profile, and that it works just as a friend request. Maybe add a max number of members per team.
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Sounds like a great idea IMO.
    • CommentAuthorcastaka
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    But wouldn't this turn the game into being in the best team and not playing solo anymore ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCotp
    castake but isn't it already the case ? there is no way to know who is playing as team and who is really playing by himself/herself. So to me the hall of fame means nothing...

I play for fun and alone I only have 17% of solves in FF. I realize this is not much, but I see many films...

Anyway, we're here for playing....
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Castaka, if there are two hall of fames, there will always be plenty of people playing for the solo one.